Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Where do I go to start this 30 day shred??

Its a jillian michaels at home workout dvd. You can buy it and then start torturing yourself with the rest of us! :laugh:
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Charice,

I pretty much agree with everything Julie said. Today felt like a 7-8 but I believe it's because it was a new routine. I'm hoping it's just like level one and it will be easier tomorrow and so on. I don't feel like my cardio is getting better but I do think my arm and leg strength has improved. I really want to measure and weigh myself now but I'm going to try and hold off til after the 30 days.

Anyone else feel like they aren't doing the ab work right? Maybe my tummy impairs my ability I don't know but it doesn't seem like I get my shoulders off the ground like I should be. Also, I don't really feel anything unless I'm doing the bicycle crunches or the last round of crunches in level 2.
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 2 complete!! YES - plank work sucks, but boy oh boy I feel like a stud when it's over:) I like the cardio a little better too - though squat thrusts can suck it (or at least that's what I mutter as I huff and puff).
    I also spent time watching the moves before doing them...it takes a second to "get" the moves as you are often in plank and looking at the floor. Sweating.
    And I also recommend shoes. I did Level 1 without but felt unstable on this round in my bare feet.

Julie - you are a stud going back to back!
    Charice - big congrats on the weight loss and Dr. approval:)

Kickboxing class tonight - L2D2 tomorrow!!
  • sweetmanjd
    Options
    Anyone else feel like they aren't doing the ab work right? Maybe my tummy impairs my ability I don't know but it doesn't seem like I get my shoulders off the ground like I should be. Also, I don't really feel anything unless I'm doing the bicycle crunches or the last round of crunches in level 2.

Hey Nikki - I do a lot of ab work outside of this dvd, and I never feel challenged by her 1 minute (well, not yet...she'll get me I'm sure). Out of anything, I'd think modifying the abs would be a-ok. Step it up and do all bicycles all the time if that gives you the burn you want...you know it's only doing good!! Keep on rocking it!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    um..... OUCH!! Not sure if the soreness is doing two levels in a row or my body adjusting to the new moves. If it clears up outside, Im going to try and walk some of this soreness off and then get my shred in later in the day. I dont think I could do it right now if I tried!
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome feedback you guys, thanks! I stuck with Level 1 today, and I will probably do the same tomorrow, that will be Day 10 for me and then I will move on to level 2 on day 11. I did much better with the jump rope switching feet like you all suggested. The workout is still hard to get through, but I think I am doing better. I have never been able to do a DVD workout and stick with it like this, I think the biggest thing is the support and accountability I get from this thread. A big THANK YOU to all of my comrades!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Thank you too Charice! It really does help knowing there are other people going through the same thing and are here to give you unwavering support. We all can do this! No matter how hard it is at the moment, we can get through it and will all reap the benefits at the end! :drinker:
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    BLAH! I'm having a really hard time with this. Every time I do the workout I am still stopping like 1000 times (ok that's an exaggeration but it's what it feels like to me). Today when I was doing it I had to keep stopping because I was getting dizzy. I try to push myself but I always end up giving up. I feel like I am not getting anything out of the workout because I stop so much and I have to modify the crap out of everything. Idk, maybe the part of me that expects myself to be able to do everything perfectly and expects instant results is emerging. >.<
  • juliecat1
    Options
    Nikki, I dont know about the dizzy part.... maybe try mixing up how close you workout to your meals? If I do it too close, I want to puke but too far from and I feel weak/faint.

I just finished day 2 level 2 and Im wiped. Its really hard! Almost all the moves require balance and core strength which I seriously lack. So I know its exactly what I need. But DANG!!

Oh and shoes.... I wore them today and kept slipping out of them in the plank moves. So now Im not sure what I should do. Im going to try my running shoes next time and see if they stay on a little better. Otherwise I guess its barefoot again?
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I just started it 2 days ago. Along with 5K training (43 min) on my treadmill and a 3 mile walk/job in the evening.... I love working out!!!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I use running shoes and it works great for me. When I wasn't using shoes I actually got a lot more sore leg wise.

I usually eat abuot 1/2 hour before I work out. Its the going from down to up between moves that gets me.

Julie, how often do you stop? I stop about once or twice through out each section of moves. I just cant seem to power through them!

I think I am being too hard on myself. I should wait til we are done with this and let the results show me how I did.
  • juliecat1
    Options
    I never actually stop - I modify. Like the chair squats. I do about half before my legs are screaming so I stand up and march but still do the arms. And the military press - the arm part KILLS. I do about half there too and then I have to lower and do a bicep curl for a few seconds. Im doing it a lot more with this new level but I think thats okay! And I simply can not do that ab move where you hold the weights over your head. It hurts my lower back. I just do bicycle crunches there. I may try it again in a few days.
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Thats really what I should do. Don't stop just modify. If I can't completely do what they are, I can switch to marching or something else. I still really freaking hate planks lol.
  • juliecat1
    Options
    girl me too! I hated them a little more today too haha
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    girls wish me luck I am going to start level 2 tomorrow. I probably won't get to it until tomorrow night as have two kids at home and am meeting a friend after lunch so wont be able to do it while kids nap as I won't have a shower and change.

Did level 1 at 7am this mornign before either kids were up and I must say I felt really good after it.

I watched level 2 and I was even tired watching it :-)
  • sweetmanjd
    Options
    Julie's suggestions are great...I do the same...as much of JM's moves as possible, and then I switch to something slightly less intense if I have to.

Though I might suggest trying to set some goals...like maybe "I'll only stop for 5 seconds, twice each circuit" or "today I am only going to stop once on one of the 3 circuits and twice on the other two". Think about them before you go to bed.
    Our brains tend to be stronger than all our muscles combined:)

(and plank-jacks are plain evil. The only way I get through them is by thinking that mantra "I can do anything for 30 seconds"...and I try not to think "but just barely" :)
  • perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Julie's suggestions are great...I do the same...as much of JM's moves as possible, and then I switch to something slightly less intense if I have to.

Though I might suggest trying to set some goals...like maybe "I'll only stop for 5 seconds, twice each circuit" or "today I am only going to stop once on one of the 3 circuits and twice on the other two". Think about them before you go to bed.
    Our brains tend to be stronger than all our muscles combined:)

(and plank-jacks are plain evil. The only way I get through them is by thinking that mantra "I can do anything for 30 seconds"...and I try not to think "but just barely" :)

Planks are brutallll!!!! But wait till level three. You'll really notice the benefits of them.
    Plus, after doing ten days of planks, you feel like a buff chick!!!!
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am starting level two tomorrow...after all these hate comments about planks, I am thoroughly scared:) I haven't sneak previewed it so i don't know what's coming. Yikes!

I finished level one with a bang! Got through the WHOLE workout without even stopping once. Wahoo. I felt good at the end, and felt like I am now ready to move on!!
  • sweetmanjd
    Options
    Congrats, Ginmo!! The planks are tough, but Perktms is right...you feel like a stud once you've done them. You'll rock Level 2 I'm sure. It keeps getting harder - and better - and you keep getting stronger:)
    Can't wait to get to get to Level 3!!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    WOOHOO I DID IT!! I was able to do the whole workout without stopping! I did have to modify a bit but I did not stop! I'm so proud of myself :happy: . I hope everyone else is having an easier time and a beautiful day! (can you tell I'm in a great mood lol)