Eating right & excersing, but gaining weight

Options

Replies

• dr_3ala2
    Options
    If you are dieting , exercising and still gaining weight, you have to check your thyroid function test.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    There's just so much misinformation in this thread that it's ridiculous. Op, it's going to come down to calories in verse calories out, barring any medical condition. There is no reason to cut carbs, sugar, or anything else unless you have a medical condition that warrants it. Most people in this situation realize they are really consuming more then they think, are burning less then they think or aren't weighing/measuring properly. Tweak your measuring and weighing and see how it goes.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Chronic insomnia, exercise overload, thyroid... There are other reasons for gaining weight even at a deficit.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Chronic insomnia, exercise overload, thyroid... There are other reasons for gaining weight even at a deficit.

Aren't you the same one who claimed you became dehydrated by drinking more than 8-10 cups of water a day? :|
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I don't take pics of me because I don't have to. I am going to my medical file public when I go in for my physical and demonstrate the before and after through weight. Then I am going to make my PBFs public so you can feel humiliated further. At that point, what will your responses be - "I am not on the payroll"???

I am one of those most honest people on Earth. I don't need to post pics to prove it. What you see is what you get. Go find your hole and sit in it.

@tedboosalis7‌ You do realize that the only person who should feel humiliated is you, right? You continue to humiliate yourself by claiming you lost weight while you were not in a calorie deficit.

Oh of course! I am the one who lost 50 pounds and is down to just below 170#, gained muscle, and lost PBF to normal levels.

DUH!!!! WTF!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    giphy.gif

First of all, ain't no one around here gettin' paid. Even me.

Second of all:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Third, there is no spam or abuse in this thread, so if you're doing this, please stop:

ku-xlarge.gif
  • DeeJayShank
    DeeJayShank Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you are counting calories daily, and still not losing weight, then cut your calories by another 100 and wait a month. If nothing, then cut by another 100 and wait another month. If nothing, then cut by another 100 and wait another month.

Do this until you are losing at least 1 pound every 2-3 weeks.

Once you are at your goal weight, add 100 calories and wait a month. If you're still losing weight, add another 100 calories and wait a month. If you're still losing weight, add another 100 calories and wait a month.

See a pattern developing?

Lifelong success is a function of lifelong dedication. It gets easier, but it's never going to be autopilot.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    I don't take pics of me because I don't have to. I am going to my medical file public when I go in for my physical and demonstrate the before and after through weight. Then I am going to make my PBFs public so you can feel humiliated further. At that point, what will your responses be - "I am not on the payroll"???

I am one of those most honest people on Earth. I don't need to post pics to prove it. What you see is what you get. Go find your hole and sit in it.

@tedboosalis7‌ You do realize that the only person who should feel humiliated is you, right? You continue to humiliate yourself by claiming you lost weight while you were not in a calorie deficit.

Oh of course! I am the one who lost 50 pounds and is down to just below 170#, gained muscle, and lost PBF to normal levels.

DUH!!!! WTF!

You are down 50 lbs because you were in a calorie deficit.

http://livehealthy.chron.com/big-calorie-deficit-needed-lose-weight-1356.html

"When it comes to weight loss, calories are king. It doesn’t matter if you’re following a low-fat, low-carbohydrate or glycemic index diet, if you eat too many calories, you won’t lose weight. Successful weight loss depends on creating a calorie deficit, which occurs when you expend more calories than you consume."
  • zakkiwakki
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    zakkiwakki wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Oh man......look at the "experts" on the list ^^^^^^^

Pro tip: spend less time googling.

If you read the part below it says quite categorically, Read the material referenced in these books. Have you? Have you really gone through it all? There's a lot of extremely well educated and highly qualified people who's work is referenced in just those few books
    http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/how-to-create-a-fad-diet/
    Read #5-8

And for every report there is another that contradicts it but I'm seeing more and more people with weight problems and trying something different and finding it actually works for once is amazing. Especially as I'm on levothyroxine at 125mg a day and do you know how many websites there are that written by doctors and Ph.D graduates saying how hard it is to lose weight without a functioning thyroid? Even the NHS dietitian told me it would be hard work and that I would be lucky to get my weight under control. For three years Iv'e tried everything out there with no luck. Then I tried, against my Drs advice, a no sugar no grains approach. It has worked wonders. My blood tests are coming back better than ever. They don't lie. My Dr has changed her view and decided to read up and from what I have gathered is now much more sympathetic to this way of eating. You might not agree, but judging by the 6% body fat profile photo, you don't have to worry. You've nailed it already. That photo you have on your profile was me 10 years ago. Before I got fat and sick and I could eat anything I liked.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Options

DUH!!!! WTF!

"When it comes to weight loss, calories are king. It doesn’t matter if you’re following a low-fat, low-carbohydrate or glycemic index diet, if you eat too many calories, you won’t lose weight. Successful weight loss depends on creating a calorie deficit, which occurs when you expend more calories than you consume."

Nope. I ate the right foods and made sure I was full and exercised. There was no deficit and no deprivation. Incorrect. Move along, nothing to see here.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Options

If you read the part below it says quite categorically, Read the material referenced in these books. Have you? Have you really gone through it all? There's a lot of extremely well educated and highly qualified people who's work is referenced in just those few books
    Read #5-8

And for every report there is another that contradicts it but I'm seeing more and more people with weight problems and trying something different and finding it actually works for once is amazing. Especially as I'm on levothyroxine at 125mg a day and do you know how many websites there are that written by doctors and Ph.D graduates saying how hard it is to lose weight without a functioning thyroid? Even the NHS dietitian told me it would be hard work and that I would be lucky to get my weight under control. For three years Iv'e tried everything out there with no luck. Then I tried, against my Drs advice, a no sugar no grains approach. It has worked wonders. My blood tests are coming back better than ever. They don't lie. My Dr has changed her view and decided to read up and from what I have gathered is now much more sympathetic to this way of eating. You might not agree, but judging by the 6% body fat profile photo, you don't have to worry. You've nailed it already. That photo you have on your profile was me 10 years ago. Before I got fat and sick and I could eat anything I liked.

Again, another BOOM!!! You guys deploring our methods are wasting away, literally.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

No they aren't. Except for maybe some temporary stall or water weight gain.

Thyroid problems might effect the CO variable in the CICO equation, but then you might not be in a deficit... which would make your statement still untrue.

• Hollywood_Porky
    Options
    I can't wait to post my results of my physical. Everyone around me as a true support system is excited because it's due to eating real food. REAL FOOD!!!! AAAHAHAHAHA
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

DUH!!!! WTF!

Nope. I ate the right foods and made sure I was full and exercised. There was no deficit and no deprivation. Incorrect. Move along, nothing to see here.

Do me a favor… Go to your PCP (or any physician for that matter) and tell them you lost 50 lbs without a calorie deficit. They'll laugh you right out of their office. And might even send you for a psych eval.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Read #5-8

Again, another BOOM!!! You guys deploring our methods are wasting away, literally.

Well, now, wait... we're either not losing weight because everything we eat turns to fat or we're wasting away. Pick one.

• FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Read #5-8

Yeah, we are literally skin and bones in our profile pictures, right? Unlike yours, they actually show our body.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Read #5-8

Hey, no one deplores your methods for YOU. It's the "one true way" bit that's the whole issue.

Got that yet?

I asked a question a while back about how if it seems to be the only way how anyone else ever loses weight using another way. You never answered.