- L'Oreal True Match Liquid Concealer
    - L'Oreal Infallible 18 Hour Foundation
    - Covergirl Professional Waterproof Mascara
    - L'Oreal True Match Translucent Finishing Powder

I really love L'Oreal (obvs haha).
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    One of the best tips I ever heard was to mix 1:1:1 MAC fluid foundation, a moisturizer and... Monistat chafing cream.

Monistat is just like Shadowbox Photo Finish primer but cheaper and bonus: it's clear so you don't have to worry about it matching.

By mixing you'll have lighter, more natural coverage and you can adjust according to need. I usually do that and then put straight foundation on problem areas and blend.

Also a white pencil. I use it to highlight this and that.

Other than for foundation, I haven't really found it to be worthwhile to get the super expensive makeup. Decent drugstore makeup does just fine. It's all about the application.
  • NeonHeartz444
    Options
    Concealer, finishing powder, mascara, eyeliner, maybe some eyeshadow, and lipgloss. :)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Great list. I am still having trouble finding perfect mascara without clumps...

Pretty sure there isn't one. I went to a Sephora last time I was at the mall and tried a ton. They were no better than drugstore IMO.

The secret is to take your wand out and roll it around on a piece of toilet paper or what have you before applying. That will remove most of them.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Old thread is old. I HOPE OP got herself some makeup essentials by now, but on the off chance she is still reading this, here are some new loves.

Clinique even better compact make up SPF 15. It's like foundation/powder/sunscreen all in one. And it applies with a sponge and is not a new concept at all but quite useful.

Clinique long last lipwear gloss in Bonfire. Just enough shimmer to feel a little glam but not so much that you look like an azz when hubby takes you to 5guys instead of Roy's.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner, eyelash curler and lipstick.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bare minerals foundation!
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Total necro, but there aren't a whole heck of a lot of makeup posts around this place!

Who else bought UD's Naked 3? :D

I'm still waiting on my blasted Sephora order to be delivered from when I went crazy and stayed up till midnight to order it when Sephora launched it.
  • KateGifford
    KateGifford Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Bare minimum: Foundation and mascara.

Every day wear: concealer, Foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, eye brow pencil, black eye liner, white Eye liner, mascara, and chapstick.

Extra wear: false eyelashes and a red or dark pink lipstick.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    eyeliner (nyx), mascara (rimmel), lipbalm (maybelline), and a keychain mirror that's around the size of a quarter.
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My definite musts are eyeliner, mascara and lip balm. I wear other stuff but these are the essentials, even on my "outdoor" face.
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've got pretty much the entire Mary Kay collection...I'm an addict...
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Pretty sure there isn't one. I went to a Sephora last time I was at the mall and tried a ton. They were no better than drugstore IMO.

The secret is to take your wand out and roll it around on a piece of toilet paper or what have you before applying. That will remove most of them.

Read your suggestion in a magazine. Now I keep Kleenex in my bathroom to wipe, it is working better. Thank you lady!
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Mascara and lipstick for sure... Sometimes I add eye liner ;)
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Read your suggestion in a magazine. Now I keep Kleenex in my bathroom to wipe, it is working better. Thank you lady!
    If you're having issues, try out COVERGIRL's Clump Crusher. I can't believe how much that stuff DOESN'T clump up on me. It's actually kind of astounding.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    old thread but what i keep in my makeup bag is pretty much related to my day to day work look :

face powder (make up forever)
    eyeshadow (nars charade)
    concealer (nars and make up forever)
    eyeliner (i use eve pearl liquid liner since the felt tip gives a pretty quick and easy wing)
    mascara (givenchy)
    blush (nars orgasm)
    lipstick/lipstick : whichever one i'm wearing that day. i generally keep my eyes the same for work and will change the lipstick, so some days it's a neutral pink, other days it's red, some days it's eggplant lipgloss and sometimes it's fuscia pink

as for the clumping mascara, that happens to just about every mascara when it's a bit dried out, so first and foremost check that you arent keeping your mascara (or makeup in general) too long
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options

If you're having issues, try out COVERGIRL's Clump Crusher. I can't believe how much that stuff DOESN'T clump up on me. It's actually kind of astounding.

I have try so many but not COVERGIRL Clump Crusher. Fabulous idea and thank you!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Mascara
    Powder
    Pepper Spray
    Eyeliner
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Sad. But I'm bumping my old post because I'm curious what everyone is currently using. Haha
  • Christine_1027
    Options
    BB cream, eyebrow pencil, lip stain :)