Over 200 New Year New Me Part 48

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Today is the 1st day hubby got on the scale, he is like 10 lbs less than me :sad: Still that is up like 15-20 lbs up instead of my 25-30 lbs.
    I sooooo can't wait until I weigh less than my husband ... we will do it! :happy:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Work is too busy. It's making for a super fast week but fast weeks are scary for me right now!

2 of the 3 pounds I lost over the weekend came back Tuesday after eating chili Monday and are still with me since I haven't been keeping my sodium under 2000mg (which is where I have to keep it in order to keep the water retention monster away). But unless something crazy happens, I'm going to be able to report a LOSS for the week so I think that's pretty rad.

So glad you're all here.
    Back to work!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, I am so busy don't have time to chat just wanted to share. Ryan's IEP meeting was amazing!!! Things are better than I ever thought they could be. He is progressing so well and even though he is in a special day class he has pretty much mastered Kindergarten standards. The goals for 1rst grade were AMAZING and would keep him right on task with his first grade counterparts in mainstream. I feel so HOPEFUL for my precious little boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, I am so busy don't have time to chat just wanted to share. Ryan's IEP meeting was amazing!!! Things are better than I ever thought they could be. He is progressing so well and even though he is in a special day class he has pretty much mastered Kindergarten standards. The goals for 1rst grade were AMAZING and would keep him right on task with his first grade counterparts in mainstream. I feel so HOPEFUL for my precious little boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Momma - I am soo glad his meeting went great and he is doing good.

I am back fighting the fight of serena and peeing pants/constipated. I decided i am going to keep a log, of what she ate , if she had accidents, if she pooped or not figure if i have documentation it will make it better when/if we go to the doctor . Before (like october) her ped said if it didn't get better then she may need to go to a gastro. It seemed to get somewhat better but it was on and off.

So far this is day 3. Accidents everyday, eating fairly good and no poop,hopefully this will all get worked out soon. I know she doesn't want to pee in her pants

Seems she is doing good in school, we had issues/call from teacher 2nd week, but every seince that a couple days of pulled cards but overall pretty good, she is excited when she gets good grades sent home...
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Deb - I think the journal is a very good idea. And Happy Anniversary!!!
    Momma - I am soooooo happy for you and your little man! I had a huge smile on my face reading your optimistic post!
    lstpaul - THANK YOU for sharing your tips! I think I am the only one here old enough to get the damn hot flashes! ROFL All you girlie girls in your 20s and 30s - you just wait! :laugh:
    purple - WOOHOO on the tankini!!! I am so proud of you!
    the rest of the sisters - keep going! We are all in this together!!!

check in:
    cals: just a smidge under
    water: 90
    exercise: took a hilly walk around school - I was pooped!
    proud: I did not eat the entire other half of the loaf of bakery bread!!! I ate just one piece! :smokin:
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Crazily gassy and fussy little man in this household is proving to make this mama busy, and unable to really check in. Still logging though and hoping that tonight goes better than last and that I'm able to find a moment tomorrow to catch up with everyone! Still here though :)
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I'm very happy with the scale this morning! I am seeing a new number in the 220's .... woo hoo! I haven't been in the 220's since 2002. :drinker: :drinker:

lstpaul ................-2.6......-1.11%

congrats momma on the successes for Ryan!
    good luck lildeb with Serena - that seems like such a hard problem to deal with but I know a lot of kids go through it and eventually get over it.
    bluenote - I've been getting hotflashes for the last few years, very peri-menopausal .... now I think I'm definitely in menopause because I haven't had a period in over a year - but I won't know for sure until I stop taking BC pills and see what happens then... I'm afraid to do that since I get so moody without them - but I'm going to give it a try as soon as this month's pills run out. We'll see.
    Jesyka: good luck with the fussy baby - my daughter was like that - I had to carry her around facing down with my hand under her stomach - it seemed to be the most comfortable position for her :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Julie.....................-1.4....... :smokin:

I'm very pleased. Especially considering baby should be gaining about 1/2 pound per week at this point! As it turns out, if you're not a total piggy while pregnant, you don't gain tons of weight. :laugh: Imagine that. I'm down about 2.5 pounds from my highest preggo weight last Wednesday. I haven't done any exercise to speak of, really. Just cleaning. Getting my food choices under better control was step #1 for me. Exercise is next. It's difficult for me to make clear exactly how drained I'm feeling at this point but I really want to make an effort to go to the gym even if I'm tired. I have hope for today after work, but it's not even 9.30am yet and my mood and energy level could change pretty drastically over the next 8 hours. :laugh:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Heather...............0.0.........0.0%
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies:

I logged no weight change for this morning because I'm pretty positive the scale at my house is broken. The bf's scale seems much more accurate when compared to the scale at my WW meetings. Mine at home has been registering about 2 lbs. higher than the bf's. If that's the case, I'm down but was even on my scale at home. So, there you have it. I'll weigh tomorrow morning at bf's (provided I do overdo it on dinner out with my friend tonight).

Sherry: I'm so proud of Ryan! That's awesome he had a good IEP meeting and is on track for his age group. Congrats!

lstpaul: Congrats on the buttoned up shirt and on being in the 220's!

Julie: Nice job on the loss this week.

Deb: Happy anniversary. Are you guys going to Fogo de Chao?

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Just a teeny bit over and that was with ice cream cake.
    Water: 50.7 oz....just don't feel thirsty enough to get the full 64+
    Exercise: Two hours volunteering
    Proud: I only hate 1/2 of my cheese curds because I stopped when they stopped tasting as good. The book I'm reading - Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel - talks about putting the food down when the food doesn't taste as good as the first bite did.

Tomorrow is my May 5k!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Lauren.................-1.5.......-0.88%

Hooray for -1.5! I'm still not at my lowest (about 2.5 above it), but it is a loss. :bigsmile:

In other :bigsmile: news, I was FINALLY UNDER MY CALORIES!!!

Check-in:
    Cals - Under by 1!
    Water - 88 oz
    Exercise - 1 hour of yoga in the park
    Proud - Went to yoga in the park, choose a fruit bar over chocolate for dessert.
  • Momma24
    Options
    Julie.....................-1.4.......
    momma...............+1.8......0%

I am not worried I know it is water retention. I have not been able to wear my usually loose wedding ring in 2 days and I know 1.8 pounds is not going to make that ring tight. WATER RETENTION IS EVIL!!!

Thanks for the cheers for Ryan. I am sorry but can I brag one more time My daughter Haley received an award last night for Academic Excellence and for Being in the honor roll. Maintaining a 4.0 for her entire 8th grade school year. Proud of her!!! I have always called her my mini mouse because she is a little "woman"
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Momma- Brag AWAY! Love hearing about your family! Hope you got a Dr. appt scheduled ur post scared me!

Lauren- WTG being under calories!

I check the boards maybe once a week and was happy to see so many of you back! Maybe Ill get back into it soon!

Im holding steady at 204.2 this morning. Tomorrow we are going to a mothers day brunch and I have been fighting with myself all day trying to decide if I can make it through the brunch with responsible eating. I know my best bet is to plan ahead so I am going to take a look at the menu and try to plan my day around it.

I have been bad with excercise but good with calories (mostly). I know if i start working out again the numbers will begin moving so I better refocus and get to it. My end of May goal is 199

Istapaul congrats!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    mstahl...................0............0%

Momma please :love: PLEASE :flowerforyou: brag all you can! If you can't share your good news with us then what's the point? We LOVE to hear about how your family is doing!!!:smile:

I think that I probably have a bit of a loss this week but erm... that will show up later today if I eat a little more fiber if you know what I mean :embarassed:

TMI WARNING - to "the girls" are about the same size now and probably A cups ish - but their hard as a rock - or really more like grapefruit... and the expanders are attached to the chest wall so they don't move. at all. And right now their kinda wall-eyed... Probably at a first glance they look ok and I look more "normal" now but it's really weird having these lumps attached to me. Last night after a couple of margaritas Beth (our boarder) and I were bouncing up and down beside each other - Beth is well endowed and was wearing a tank top - I had a tee-shirt on. It was pretty funny to see all her bounce and my zero bounce (at least at the time!)

Checking in for Cinco de Mayo
    Calories - over by 350 (alcohol - otherwise I ate well!)
    Exercise - no official exercise but I was very active
    Water - plenty and then some!

Proud: I ate really healthy yesterday - I had some "reduced guilt" pita chips with hummus, and for dinner I ate black bean tacos with a sprinkle of cheese and Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. I used a cabbage leaf in place of a taco shell. I also got out and moved! I caught our chickens in the coop so that Meghan could trim their flight feathers. For whatever reason she gets freaked out to catch them because they flap around so much at first. Then we walked out to the pasture and I wormed the horse - nothing too tough but I was active!
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    SO alas...I am back. Can you believe it? I haven't posted on here since Part 14. Some of you may remember me being on here...some of you may not. Just wanted to say hey to everyone :) Maybe join the tread again?
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Renea! - Yes Please! It's so great to see you on the boards again and look at you go! Down 18 lbs! I am super ready to kick my weight loss into gear and everyone on here has been working to kinda re-commit.

Yay! Old friends, new friends - that's what it's all about!:drinker:
  • Momma24
    Options
    SO alas...I am back. Can you believe it? I haven't posted on here since Part 14. Some of you may remember me being on here...some of you may not. Just wanted to say hey to everyone :) Maybe join the tread again?

I remember you!!!! So happy you are back!!
  • Momma24
    Options

Momma please :love: PLEASE :flowerforyou: brag all you can! If you can't share your good news with us then what's the point? We LOVE to hear about how your family is doing!!!:smile:

I think that I probably have a bit of a loss this week but erm... that will show up later today if I eat a little more fiber if you know what I mean :embarassed:

TMI WARNING - to "the girls" are about the same size now and probably A cups ish - but their hard as a rock - or really more like grapefruit... and the expanders are attached to the chest wall so they don't move. at all. And right now their kinda wall-eyed... Probably at a first glance they look ok and I look more "normal" now but it's really weird having these lumps attached to me. Last night after a couple of margaritas Beth (our boarder) and I were bouncing up and down beside each other - Beth is well endowed and was wearing a tank top - I had a tee-shirt on. It was pretty funny to see all her bounce and my zero bounce (at least at the time!)

Checking in for Cinco de Mayo
    Calories - over by 350 (alcohol - otherwise I ate well!)
    Exercise - no official exercise but I was very active
    Water - plenty and then some!

Proud: I ate really healthy yesterday - I had some "reduced guilt" pita chips with hummus, and for dinner I ate black bean tacos with a sprinkle of cheese and Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. I used a cabbage leaf in place of a taco shell. I also got out and moved! I caught our chickens in the coop so that Meghan could trim their flight feathers. For whatever reason she gets freaked out to catch them because they flap around so much at first. Then we walked out to the pasture and I wormed the horse - nothing too tough but I was active!

You crack me up. I think your attitude about difficult thing is great
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Momma24: Go Haley!!!! woo hoo! :drinker:
    Mstahl: ditto what momma said about your great attitude - it's interesting (and funny sometimes) to hear your perspective on everything that you are going through
    Renae_Kay: Good to see you and congrats on your 18 lbs. lost!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    debra..................-0.7.........0.25%

so not a huge loss, but i will take it, after eating everything last weekend.

Heather - We aren't going to fogo de chao, it is this other place , we haven't been to before but got a groupon for it and hubby checked it out and got 4 starts. Then we are going to see fast and furious 5, yes i am wanting to see it. I have this "thing" for vin disel and love his voice and anything he is in :smile: and jermey likes car movies so its a win win

momma - brag away

chris good to see you , miss you :smile:

renae - welcome back, alot of us are getting back on track you are always welcome.

So i did it !! I went and joined a gym, the more i thought about it going to the figtnesss center when it opens in a few weeks is that it is very small and no arc trainer , and like 1 elliptical so if itis busy i am out of luck,.

We have a nytime fitness here, it is like 34 a month (plus i had to pay for a key). Hubby is fine with what he uses the fitness center for plus rfunning outside. They have 2 arc trainers and 2 ellipticals.then all the other stuff.

i felt bad cause i was paying more money after we said we weren't going to do it, but i think it will be better for me, last year when we joined the gym and i went and did this every day i kicked it all summer., i mean there aren't any classes or anything like that , but we might get a spin bike for the house, but for my lunch time workout i think it will be great, it is pretty much empty at lunch time.