20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Barbie... I think I may have got the Birthday Spelling change I hope so.
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Marie - Grayson looks adorable!!

Well done lady pirate 5.6lbs is amazing!!

All the best everyone - the updates are so encouraging to read!

Faye
    Singapore
  • ariann4
    Options
    I'm in too! I know I'm a little late starting but here goes! Good Luck everyone!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ariann4 wrote: »
    I'm in too! I know I'm a little late starting but here goes! Good Luck everyone!

No its never too late with this thread. you still have time to et a good head start.There will be a few of us that don't make it. so there for we will continue this on a new thread The week of Easter. Good luck on your journey here
    Marie
    And you are very welcome Just make yourself at home.
    By the way we are getting a list of the members here for a Birthday List,
    We need you first Name a easy one
    your Birthdate not the year just the month and date
    Where you are from
    Thanks Marie

26845aoofqptms3.gif

• robinm58
    Options
    I would like to participate as well. I am currently 172. My goal weight is 130 pounds but I would like to get down to lose 20 pounds before Easter.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welcome Robin, Well what do you know We are almost neigbors I live in Mesquite Texas my daughter Alice lives in Bedford She is on this tread too. We will be glad to have you join us. We are in the processed of getting a list of our members for a birthday list so we can celebrate your birthday with you. Robin is a fine name just need your birthdate no need for a year and we know you are from Arlington, Texas So we just need your birthdate.
    Welcome Marie

26845aoofqptms3.gif
  • jjaydees
    jjaydees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    can I join too , after a hard year I'm almost back where I started , I need a challenge to motivate me ,
  • ola130
    ola130 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    start weight 240
    current weight 238
    Target weight 220
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    jjaydees wrote: »
    can I join too , after a hard year I'm almost back where I started , I need a challenge to motivate me ,

Sure you can and it is never too late to start losing weight.We will be glad to have you We need you name, Date of birth,Years is not necessary Where you are from We are trying to get a Birthday list started so we can help celebrate your birthday. have as wonderful journey with us We are here to help
    Welcome
    Marie
    26845aoofqptms3.gif

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ola130 wrote: »
    start weight 240
    current weight 238
    Target weight 220

ola Congrats on your weight loss 2 lbs great
    We need your name, date of birth and where you are from
    Marie

• jjaydees
    jjaydees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jacquie 14 th of August , I'm from Melbourne Australia , Thanks Marie
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Marie, your Great Grandson is adorable! He is so alert! Congratulations!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-congratulations on your precious new great grandson Grayson. Today, I went for a 2mile walk in the park , with a friend of mine, first time this year to walk. Glad I did.
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the world beautiful Grayson!

Ended up getting some popcorn at the cinema, which wasn't a wonderful idea but I'm not going to let that break my stride! The scales might be up a bit more than expected tomorrow from all the salt though. Woke up this morning and went back to my morning run, now that the weather is above freezing again here. Plan is to still go to spin class this evening as well to help work off those extra popcorn calories. I hope everyone has a great wednesday!

- Sophie
    Dublin, Ireland
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the world beautiful Grayson!

Ended up getting some popcorn at the cinema, which wasn't a wonderful idea but I'm not going to let that break my stride! The scales might be up a bit more than expected tomorrow from all the salt though. Woke up this morning and went back to my morning run, now that the weather is above freezing again here. Plan is to still go to spin class this evening as well to help work off those extra popcorn calories. I hope everyone has a great wednesday!

- Sophie
    Dublin, Ireland

Sophie...I love going to the movies, and movie popcorn is something I will NOT give up! I plan for it in my diary and rather than get a bucket like I used to (shared with DH), I get a medium bag. The day I go, I usually drink more water and do not eat any starchy carbs. I went a few weeks ago, had popcorn with no gain the next day nor did it hinder my loss for the week. I think planning for those kinds of treats keeps us from feeling deprived and helps us to better able to cope with staying on our plans.
    Connie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers and new people!
    Happy Wednesday and Happy Hump day for those of you who work!

I'm just peeking in before I go to the gym. Today is lower body strength training and then the pool. It is supposed to be another sunshiny day, and we are looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day!
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've just bought a fitbit and I am just setting it up now. Does anyone here have one so that I can add friends to my fitbit account? :)
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers and new people!
    Happy Wednesday and Happy Hump day for those of you who work!

I'm just peeking in before I go to the gym. Today is lower body strength training and then the pool. It is supposed to be another sunshiny day, and we are looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day!
    Stay strong!

Connie

Im jelous of your sunshine, we have snow here :( Enjoy the sun :)
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Sophie...I love going to the movies, and movie popcorn is something I will NOT give up! I plan for it in my diary and rather than get a bucket like I used to (shared with DH), I get a medium bag. The day I go, I usually drink more water and do not eat any starchy carbs. I went a few weeks ago, had popcorn with no gain the next day nor did it hinder my loss for the week. I think planning for those kinds of treats keeps us from feeling deprived and helps us to better able to cope with staying on our plans.
    Connie

There is something quite special about movie popcorn isn't there? It just tastes better than regular microwave popcorn! I got a medium bag last night and decided that I'm not going to weigh myself today and will just weight myself as normal. I don't go to the cinema very often so sometimes you just need some popcorn! I'll keep in mind for next time to drink extra water the day I go as well as the next day!
    -Sophie

• angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    BGood morning my friends
    I will try this again I tried to post a little about me but however something happen to my post I'm not really sure. so if its on here apologize

I want to thank everyone on here for the great motivation. I did get outside and start walking again yesterday. this time last year I was walking 3 to 4 miles 6 days a week. for one reason or another I got out of the habit. it is amazing how good I feel this morning. there is every day challenges, mine today is I'm keeping my great nephew. he is almost 2 years old, we both keep each other very entertained. I do not have children but my nieces and nephews are my children. I'm so thankful that my niece lets me keep Cameron 2 days a week.
    I am from Western North Carolina. I'm a cosmetologist specializing in skin care makeup and hair.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Angie
    Burnsville NC

please ignore the B before good my phone is weird.