20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Better late than never.....
    SW:177
    GW:145 though losing 20 would be a huge win....baby steps right?
    Starting a 5K training program today.

never too late to join Us my friend. you are so Welcome and glad you join us. have a great day . starting out with a 5 k sounds like a good start.

3195453ne0eqa36kw.gif

<3 marie

I am using a new grphic so at the end of the day can tell how many new members we get and all are so Welcome. So come newsbie make me used it

• cmristine
    cmristine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My two week weigh in:
    SW 184.2
    CW 181.4
    GW 164.2
    This is so agonizingly slow compared to the swimsuit season dieting I did in my 20's. Does anyone else feel they are spending way more time shopping, preparing, cooking and cleaning up in the kitchen? Reading cookbooks, searching the internet for recipes and finding acceptable substitutes for traditional ingredients.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    cmristine wrote: »
    Hi, Marie!
    When we see "st" after the weight, it means "stone". In the UK and a few other places, 1 "stone" is equal to 14 pounds. Just multiply to get pounds.

Thanks so 1 stone equal to 14 lbs. Wow you have to lose a lot to lose a stone.. Not fair. But I will just look to see if you numbers are getting smaller Thanks sugar pie
    marie
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Clocked in at 70.7kg yesterday. Only 700grams more and I have lost 5kgs!
  • murban7
    murban7 Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi! Is it too late to join the group? I need a kick start cuz I haven't lost any weight recently.

My starting weight was 262
    My current weight is 226
    My goal weight is 150

Thanks!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Clocked in at 70.7kg yesterday. Only 700grams more and I have lost 5kgs!
    Well it sounds great. just keep it up
    congrats on your lost. <3 marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    murban7 wrote: »
    Hi! Is it too late to join the group? I need a kick start cuz I haven't lost any weight recently.

My current weight is 226
    My goal weight is 206

Thanks!

This thread is open anytime to anyone who is serious about losing some weight. we will . support you no better time than right now. so lets get with it.
    now is the time to get started again.Welcome murban
    3195453ne0eqa36kw.gif

<3 marie.

off to the doctor for my checkup. Be back shortly like a couple hours.
    Marie
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took me so long to come back forgot the name 20 before Easter. Be back tomorrow with my weight you are doing so well.

gemfrire
    I don't get a lot of steps on my fit bit neither got over 4,000 for the first time yesterday so aiming for that again today. I'm in Northern Ontario where most days you don't want to be outside. But I'll just keep dancing around the house.

Linda in Northern Ontario.
  • NewKateF2014
    Options
    Hey all! Keen to join in here! almost 5lbs down since the start of Jan.
    SW 181.4
    CW 176.6
    GW 150

I'm a teacher from Scotland and I'm trying to beat my progress last year (lost 24lbs last jan-may and have put about 10 back on over the year). This has deffo motivated me rather than put me off because I know I can do it!

Nice to meet you all!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sorry it took me so long to come back forgot the name 20 before Easter. Be back tomorrow with my weight you are doing so well.

gemfrire
    I don't get a lot of steps on my fit bit neither got over 4,000 for the first time yesterday so aiming for that again today. I'm in Northern Ontario where most days you don't want to be outside. But I'll just keep dancing around the house.

Linda in Northern Ontario.

So glad you found us again. I am just started my fit bit and just barely made it to 500 But plan on a walk outside today do should have a more impression numbers tonight. I hope .walking in the house is just too boring. I know I can do it. And I will.
    <3 Marie

• Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on Easter! That would be the best birthday gift!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello Marie,

It took me a while to get through all the posts but everyone is doing fabulous. The motivation and support is overwhelming. I hope everyone sticks with their plan.

Today I had lunch with a friend, but I often choose places that will not sabotage my eating plan. Today I ate at Panera Bread and had an Avocado chicken cobb salad and coffee.
    I never finish all of it because its too big.

I had my Yoga class today and wasn't going to stay for the meditation but there was a room full of people and no one moved so I ended up staying and it was very relaxing and I am glad I did.

Have a motivated day my friends.

LINDA from Northern, Ontario. I am from Southern Ontario and I now what you mean about the cold. We have a cottage near North Bay.
    I hope it warms up for you guys.

Shirley

• CALIECAT
    Options
    My birthday is on Easter! That would be the best birthday gift!

It sure would jaja I am looking forward to go thru my closet and pulled out some 16's pants By Easter So lets get it off now..
    Welcome to this bunch of losers Glad you join up with us
    3195453ne0eqa36kw.gif

<3 Marie

• caresshudson
    caresshudson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get rid of one pound a week (five pounds a month). Week One has been a success with two pounds gone (despite a Mexican dinner out that included nachos and a marg!)

SW: 173
    CW: 171
    GW (Easter): 153

drools!!!!! Nachos and a margarita!!
  • caresshudson
    caresshudson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! This week has been tough! I've been pretty strict on my diet and I've been craving suga! Not sugar but suga!! Suga is the fluffy deliciousness in cakes, cookies, and pies! You know the cookie bars when they melt in your mouth! Yeah... That's suga! smiles. Nevertheless.. I don't like how suga looks on my thighs... so I shall carry on! I'm looking forward to seeing what this strict week does for my body and my scale numbers. I definitely can tell a difference in my clothes and jeans. LOL Even my underwear! No more rolling under my belly! sorry TMI! We're half way through this week and let's finish off strong!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    wrote:
    My goal is to get rid of one pound a week (five pounds a month). Week One has been a success with two pounds gone (despite a Mexican dinner out that included nachos and a marg!)

SW: 173
    CW: 171
    GW (Easter): 153
    great losts. yes you can still indulge occasionally If you do not go overbroad on your plan. I had 2 taco
    Sunday and it did not hurt my weight lost Also 2 corney dogs last night. to early to tell if it made me gain any. hope not. But the rest of the day went great. Just used your better judement on what you should eat. And you sure be fine.
    marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    happy 26th anniversary Barbie
    229619gzhuxw98fj.gif
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy 26 anniveay Barbie
    229619gzhuxw98fj.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :D Sparkle , where do you live that it gets so icy?

:D Caresshudson, the best way to get beyond all the sugar cravings is to stay away from it completely.....the craving will lessen.

(*) today is our anniversary so we went out for Chinese food for lunch......brought half of it home and had he rest for supper....walked 19,000 steps, went to line dance class in the morning, and rode the exercise bike for over an hour in the afternoon. :D

<3 Barbie
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Barbie! I hope it was lots of fun!

I live in Ireland! Most of the time here it's not especially icy but sometimes we can get ice and even snow in the winter if we get the back end of the polar vortex. This morning we actually had a red weather wind warning across the country so I decided to be safe and not go running in the morning. Last night I went to a very intense spin session anyway and I have my first adult ballet class tonight so still lots of ways to fit exercise in without being blown away!

Last weigh in: 159lbs (8/1)
    Current Weight: 157lbs (15/1)

I wasn't great with the eating last week. My partner and I go to a gaming group on Thursdays and Fridays and they often get take away, which was very hard to say no to last week. With the joy lost some sort of loss I'm more motivated today that I wont be getting expensive take out, instead I brought some food with me that I made last night! Here's hoping it pays off next week =)

Happy Thursday everyone!!