Tuna Creations-What do you mix?

Options

Replies

• mirandagod77
    mirandagod77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @musicismylover‌ you will love it, i need to try yours as well sounds really good
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    1. White vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, red onion and red capsicum.
    2. Avocado, tomato, cracked pepper and red onion.
    3. Philadelphia cheese.

oh wow this sounds really good
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    sandtisch wrote: »
    I like it as a wrap filling made of (non fat) Greek yogurt, lemon juice, diced 1/2 apple, onions, carrot bits, and sunflower seeds. Wrap in romaine leaves or on salad greens in a whole wheat tortilla.

oh so need to try this one too, great idea in a wrap
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    I must be really plain. The thought of mayo disgusts me so I've never been one to eat it. I eat the Starkist tuna creations plain on top of wheat thins.

well no time like now to try new things:)
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    Sweet thai chili sauce

oh this sounds really good i love thai
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I was cutting my carbs I started mixing the Starkist garlic & herb tuna creations packet with small broccoli florets and I'd nuke it for a few minutes. Makes an awesome lunch. I've also mixed the tuna pouch in with a little brown rice and nuked it for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    Sriracha! Mmmmm. Also, today mixing lemon pepper starkist tuna with rotel... haven't tried it before, but gonna give it a whirl.

i don't know what sriracha is....how did it turn out?
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    jw92761 wrote: »
    When I was cutting my carbs I started mixing the Starkist garlic & herb tuna creations packet with small broccoli florets and I'd nuke it for a few minutes. Makes an awesome lunch. I've also mixed the tuna pouch in with a little brown rice and nuked it for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.

oh great ideas, starkist, is that the premade smaller cans?
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A little olive oil, basil and seasoning is amazing. So simple but so tasty. Even add a little garlic
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    TLB86 wrote: »
    A little olive oil, basil and seasoning is amazing. So simple but so tasty. Even add a little garlic

mmm i love garlic and basil, good idea
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    sarah_hite wrote: »
    I don't really eat tuna much anymore, but I used to eat it with melted cheddar cheese on top or mixed in.
    oh i coulds see this broiled in the oven
  • mirandagod77
    Options
    TLB86 wrote: »

mmmm this sound really good
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    have you tried the already flavored packets - just discovered the ranch flavored one and it's delish!
  • kyhall4
    kyhall4 Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of tuna but I'm interested in some of these mix combinations to try!
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The starkist creations are in single serve 100 calorie pouches. There are a few flavors, herb & garlic, ranch, lemon peopper, and I think a spicy one. I stick to the herb & garlic. I like it just plain with baby carrots on the side too. Here's the link for more info. http://starkist.com/products/pouches#anchor-28
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    smashed avocado is my favorite and really filling. Another - I also mix it with a little mayo and a lot of spicy mustard when I put it on top of salads.

Edit: The pouches mentioned above are good, too! I like the hickory smoked; Also, the sun dried tomato one.
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Either hot sauce or I mix half an avocado, with lemon(or lime juice) with tuna in the blender on a low speed :smiley:
  • dindon68
    dindon68 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tuna, grated strong cheddar cheese and grated red onion, my kids call it tuna special.
  • notcorky
    notcorky Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese. And/or hot sauce :)
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wasabi powder and a shot of lemon juice!