Unexpected results of weight loss

Replies

• dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    My glasses keep sliding off! I don't wear them often, usually contacts, but today I did and keep having to push them up! I guess I need to get them readjusted!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Running..and catching the bus. Also commuting by bike.
    Reading these posts are fantastic.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    So good to see I am not the only one cold all the time or discovered a sternum... :)

73641431.png[/url
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    blc1971 wrote: »
    Pretty much all of these apply to me, but one really unexpected benefit was being able to boost myself out of the pool from the side without moving to a ladder or stairs while on vacation last year. I always felt like a beached whale trying to scramble out of the pool, but on vacation last April I felt like Esther Williams boosting myself up and sliding gracefully out of the pool!! Felt great!
    Ahhh! I can't wait for that moment! I'm still rushing to get to a towel to hide, but that's more my own anxieties. I'm certainly smaller than I used to me!

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    ^^^^^^^^ my heroes!
  • battybecks wrote: »
    Second daftest was having to get my glasses frames resized because they just kept falling off my face.

This! I have about a month until my yearly eye exam and can't wait to get new glasses! I'm constantly pushing mine up because they are suddenly falling down my face.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    I have been cold - I didn't connect it to the weight loss until I read the other posts about being cold. Also, my shoes are bigger too - not such a great result - I have a lot of shoes I really liked to wear. Ideas on how I can still make them fit?
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    I have been cold - I didn't connect it to the weight loss until I read the other posts about being cold. Also, my shoes are bigger too - not such a great result - I have a lot of shoes I really liked to wear. Ideas on how I can still make them fit?

Innersoles and heel grips will help. I've stacked 3 foam innersoles in some shoes and used big athletic inserts in others but at some point you've just got to let them go.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    This one made me cry. When my husband of 18 years picked me up for the first time. I'll never forget it. : )

So sweet, my fav reply so far. Love this thread.

• Rozydreams
    Rozydreams Posts: 29 Member
    bath towels wrapping around me properly (was going to buy all new ones)
    being able to cross my legs sitting
    airplanes are much more comfortable, bits don't spill into neighbors seat
    never thought I would be the cold one! used to always be too hot!
    I wear sweaters now, would never wear a sweater before, too hot and bulky
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    I don't hear my body "clapping" when I run up the stairs anymore! :#

lol I love this so much! I never knew how to describe it before!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    When I lay on the floor on my side, my hip hurts. I realized I no longer have padding there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!