Please read - 4 week no progress

Options

Replies

• fattymcfatterson2121
    Options
    Nearly cried upon reading that I should stop lifting weights - so glad everyone agreed! I actually do crossfit which is about 10 mins core work, 20 mins lifting and 15-20 mins HIIT in the form of circuit training. I wish I had the time to add a run in too but an hour a day (actually 1.5 hours with travel time) is as much as I can spare. I have started walking to work and back which is giving me an hours walk a day and will need to start running at least one of my non gym days - I used to run a lot in my thinner days and I just need to get back to it.

In terms of logging, you are all right, I need to be stricter. However, I am certainly eating less than before so i should at worst be maintaining, it seems unfair to be gaining again! I literally cannot eat any less or I would be starving, perhaps need to try eating at more regular intervals/a bit less carbs but overall my diet is pretty good.

I think I need to keep perservering. I have bodyweight scales but they are not very good. I don't like to measure as I am good at pulling the tape too tight. I love the idea of trying on clothes that are too tight. I have a dress with absoltuely zero stretch in it which just about fitted me when I was at my slimmest and right now it does't get past my hips. I will try it on weekly.

Thanks again for all your comments, encouragement, tips and time. I really appreciate it. You are all great!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    When did you start doing Crossfit? Was it recently?
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    zoecmc wrote: »
    Hi have you been checking your measurements? As your shape may have changed x

if you are useless at measuring like me you can use what i called test shorts. i put on these shorts that were too tight on me every two weeks, until one day they just fell off. this really helped me when i start getting frustrated with my scales.

This is good advice, im in the same boat as OP. Almost 4 weeks of MFP and ive lost 1ib and then put it back on the next day ?! but anyway, i've now lowered my calorie goal and still weighing in once a week.

The one thing that i'm finding is instead of losing weight my old tight clothes are now starting to fit normally again, so I must be losing it for somewhere - so this is keeping me motivated. :-)

I have a little red shift-dress that i'm hoping to be able to wear again soon as the last time I wore it, it was far too tight and looked hideous :-/
  • fattymcfatterson2121
    Options
    I

I have been doing crossfit for 6 months but was a very slow start due to rehabilitating an old lower back injury (no lifting just lots of stretching and mobility). I would say I have only started doing full on crossfit like normal people since the new year which is also when I started to log.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I

I have been doing crossfit for 6 months but was a very slow start due to rehabilitating an old lower back injury (no lifting just lots of stretching and mobility). I would say I have only started doing full on crossfit like normal people since the new year which is also when I started to log.

Normal people are not that active. You are already ahead of some. :star:

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    cdiponio87 wrote: »
    Running/Jogging (4 times a week) in conjunction with 1500 cals daily = weight loss.
    Do not randomly recommend calorie levels without information on someone's height, weight, activity level, goals, etc. Everyone's calorie goal should be personal.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I

Well then you probably aren't retaining water from starting a new program. I would suggest opening your diary so people can get a better idea of what your daily calorie consumption is.
  • randalltrazarra
    Options
    I have no idea about the science behind losing weight. However, I do know that we should be lifting one another up and motivating each other with our comments/advice. If one gives advice that we do not all agree with, its OK. Redirect them. Let them know In a friendly, and factual manner why the information provided is incorrect. Let's help build up not tear down. On that note, have a blessed day, eat well, workout, live, laugh, and love!
  • auddii
    Options
    I have no idea about the science behind losing weight. However, I do know that we should be lifting one another up and motivating each other with our comments/advice. If one gives advice that we do not all agree with, its OK. Redirect them. Let them know In a friendly, and factual manner why the information provided is incorrect. Let's help build up not tear down. On that note, have a blessed day, eat well, workout, live, laugh, and love!

Thank you for sharing your lack of information with the OP.
  • fattymcfatterson2121
    Options
    It's open. I have been completely honest so it could look quite ugly. Fear.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Strong first post
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    SLEEP!

Just stick with what you are doing, but get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night and drink enough water and I almost guarantee the weight will fall back off. Our body has this amazing function to hold onto fat when we beat the dog piss out of it, and with the already stressful environment you are in with lifting and dieting and worrying about not losing weight, I'm sure all you need is some sleep. Best of luck OP!
  • auddii
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    sodium, TOM, ovulation, change-up in exercise, dehydration

- add to the weighing - are you careful with the entries you choose, double checking them, never using other people's 'homemade' versions etc

Agree with this. Give it some time.

You also mention that you have 14lbs to lose and so it's not like you don't have a lot to lose. 14lbs may seem like a lot to you, but in the big picture, it isn't that much. I would set your goals to lose half a pound a week (I'm not sure what your current goal is). But, if you did choose to lose 2lbs per week, you might be undereating for your activity level, which could increase stress on your body, cortisol levels, which can cause water retention.

Make sure your goals are reasonable, and try to not let the minor weight fluctuations bother you. They can happen. If I have a big or salty meal, I can gain 5-8lbs in one day. It's water weight and drops off over the next few days.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Thank you for sharing your lack of information with the OP.
    :lol:

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    The scale fluctuates ALL THE TIME. Do not use that as your only benchmark for progress.
  • fattymcfatterson2121
    Options
    SLEEP!

Just stick with what you are doing, but get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night and drink enough water and I almost guarantee the weight will fall back off. Our body has this amazing function to hold onto fat when we beat the dog piss out of it, and with the already stressful environment you are in with lifting and dieting and worrying about not losing weight, I'm sure all you need is some sleep. Best of luck OP!

That is a good point - Get up early for gym but try to sleep early too but doesnt always happen. Also going through a pretty stressful time right now with family related stuff - not much I can do to control that but for the first time in my life I have not turned to food for comfort.
  • fattymcfatterson2121
    Options
    I

Well then you probably aren't retaining water from starting a new program. I would suggest opening your diary so people can get a better idea of what your daily calorie consumption is.

I have opened it. please be gentle.
  • fattymcfatterson2121
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    sodium, TOM, ovulation, change-up in exercise, dehydration

- add to the weighing - are you careful with the entries you choose, double checking them, never using other people's 'homemade' versions etc

Agree with this. Give it some time.

You also mention that you have 14lbs to lose and so it's not like you don't have a lot to lose. 14lbs may seem like a lot to you, but in the big picture, it isn't that much. I would set your goals to lose half a pound a week (I'm not sure what your current goal is). But, if you did choose to lose 2lbs per week, you might be undereating for your activity level, which could increase stress on your body, cortisol levels, which can cause water retention.

Make sure your goals are reasonable, and try to not let the minor weight fluctuations bother you. They can happen. If I have a big or salty meal, I can gain 5-8lbs in one day. It's water weight and drops off over the next few days.

Thanks - this is really encouraging
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    SLEEP!

That is a good point - Get up early for gym but try to sleep early too but doesnt always happen. Also going through a pretty stressful time right now with family related stuff - not much I can do to control that but for the first time in my life I have not turned to food for comfort.

goal-celebration-o.gif