January 2015 - No Alcohol Challenge!

Options

Replies

• PrincessWilliam
    Options
    I've been off since Dec 26th... finding it fine! Maybe I'll make it a dry 2015.
  • Peacefulhooligan
    Peacefulhooligan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been off since Dec 26th... finding it fine! Maybe I'll make it a dry 2015.
    Well done and good luck with that goal its impressive :)
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So are you all breaking fast on Sat 31st or waiting until Sun 1st Feb?

I've done Dry Jan before in 2013, found in super easy and pretty much didn't drink until Easter 2013. But this year I'm counting down to Feb, really craving some red red wine!
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Day 26: Yippee!!! We got through another whole weekend!!!! Well done to everyone who didn't cave and stayed completely off the booze.

John - well done on your speedy cycling!!! This morning I did a one hour hard-core hilly run, a route I've not done for ages because it's so hard. I've been stuck at 30 - 45 mins for ages so getting back to an hour of running is so satisfying.

My husband and I are keeping going with the no booze thing until Valentines Day....and we have a table booked at our favourite restaurant that night and we are SO going to enjoy a bottle of good red wine with dinner!

After that....who knows? But I'm hoping this re-set helps me to stick to drinking moderately and only at weekends and special occasions. And if things start to get on the slippery slope down to daily or excessive drinking then I'll do another re-set.

So, who's in until 14th Feb?
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Day 26: Yippee!!! We got through another whole weekend!!!! Well done to everyone who didn't cave and stayed completely off the booze.

John - well done on your speedy cycling!!! This morning I did a one hour hard-core hilly run, a route I've not done for ages because it's so hard. I've been stuck at 30 - 45 mins for ages so getting back to an hour of running is so satisfying.

My husband and I are keeping going with the no booze thing until Valentines Day....and we have a table booked at our favourite restaurant that night and we are SO going to enjoy a bottle of good red wine with dinner!

After that....who knows? But I'm hoping this re-set helps me to stick to drinking moderately and only at weekends and special occasions. And if things start to get on the slippery slope down to daily or excessive drinking then I'll do another re-set.

Well done, I'm also hoping this helps me drink responsibly. As I was a great one for just a few glasses after a stressful day.
    I will not be carrying on in to feb I have a beautifull wine rack my sister made me for Xmas which is currently holding coffee pods and needs at least 1 bottle in it.
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    rk09ceg1m3bp.jpg
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Day 26 - 4th weekend. Still going strong. Dry Jan Bwahahahaha!

Good Job everyone.
  • mariamathsgeek
    Options
    gemm30 wrote: »
    rk09ceg1m3bp.jpg

That is a beautiful wine rack!!!
  • mariamathsgeek
    Options
    Day 27: All good!!!! Just 4 more days after today. Stay strong!
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started this back on Jan 1 and last night I caved and had a martini. The odd thing is I didn't lose a single pound and kept my diet and exercise routine in check the whole time. Anyone else seeing this too??
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    There is no reason for such foolishness >:-/
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say I'm still going strong :) planning on keeping to the plan until Valentines Day. Feeling great and much more healthier. Hope that you're all still enjoying being sober ;-) x
  • mariamathsgeek
    Options
    I'm planning on keeping going until Valentines Day too....but just want to official do January first!
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I haven't drank since July, I 'll give January a try :)
  • peagem67
    Options
    I'm with Blueserapschaos. If anyone - ANYONE...needs support friend me :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I haven't been doing this but was looking for someone to try a no drinking February or 30 day challenge. This is the closest I have seen so maybe I'll just join you guys until Feb 14th to start!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying it, but I always find it rather alarming when people cannot manage a month without drinking.

I could easily go a month without binge drinking, but hey, sometimes I'm having fun with my friends and stuff happens.

Drinking actually comes part and parcel of my occupation, not just lifestyle choices.

I guess we can't all be saints.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MCIBTY wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying it, but I always find it rather alarming when people cannot manage a month without drinking.

I could easily go a month without binge drinking, but hey, sometimes I'm having fun with my friends and stuff happens.

Drinking actually comes part and parcel of my occupation, not just lifestyle choices.

I guess we can't all be saints.

that took longer than i expected! :laugh:
  • CJ8585
    CJ8585 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Only a few more days!!! Looks like everybody is still doing great. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be =P
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm in and am loving being booze free....which is surprising as I was a 1/2 a bottle + a night girl - I plan of keeping going for now?