How Can I Lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks?

Options

Replies

• reginab1984
    reginab1984 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow...negativity abounds. I lost 6.5 pounds (pretty close to your goal of 10) in 2 weeks by logging everything I ate, not exceeding my 1,200 caloric goal, and exercising moderately. So, pretty much doing everything all of the MFP "experts" recommend. I had lost another 3.5 my last weigh in, bringing my total to 10 pounds in 3 weeks.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Wow...negativity abounds. I lost 6.5 pounds (pretty close to your goal of 10) in 2 weeks by logging everything I ate, not exceeding my 1,200 caloric goal, and exercising moderately. So, pretty much doing everything all of the MFP "experts" recommend. I had lost another 3.5 my last weigh in, bringing my total to 10 pounds in 3 weeks.

And that's great, but you still didn't lose 10 pounds in two weeks.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

You have more to lose. When someone isn't overweight to begin with, weight isn't going to come off quickly.

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    While there's no healthy way to lose 10 pounds so quickly (aside from severing a limb which really isn't healthy either).

That doesn't mean you shouldn't give it your all. Drink plenty of water, make good food choices (cut out dairy, breads, and sweets), exercise (even if it's just a daily walk).

Now is the perfect time to make a healthy lifestyle change. You may not have lost all the weight by the time he gets home, BUT you'll feel good about yourself and confidence is key!

Best advice given so far with the exception of dairy. And confidence is the key.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

You are also 30+lbs overweight, not trying to lose 10 vanity lbs.
  • reginab1984
    Options
    nilbogger wrote: »

Is that right? And here I thought I covered that in the second sentence of my post...
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Eat at a slight deficit and start a workout program. Many people say they start seeing results in that amount of time with body weight workout programs like 30 day shred or the betty rocker 30 day challenge. The scale might not change but you will most likely look a little smaller. He's just going to be happy to see you, no matter what you weigh though.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You must be really excited to see your boyfriend. :)
    Chances are losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks would not make you look more amazing or have you feeling good.
    Be healthy and don't try to lose so much in so short of a time. Set a reasonable goal of losing 1/2 lb a week or 1 lb and be patient.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    So on Valentine's Day, my boyfriend is coming home from the airforce and he has a huge Valentines Day celebration planned and I want to drop some weight before he arrives home. I'm currently 150 at 5'6. Any tips?

Recalibrate your scale.
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    why don't you try and tone up instead? if your toned and weigh 160 you will may look like u weigh 140
    since you aren't over weight you should try to lose inches not lbs
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    While there's no healthy way to lose 10 pounds so quickly (aside from severing a limb which really isn't healthy either).

That doesn't mean you shouldn't give it your all. Drink plenty of water, make good food choices (cut out dairy, breads, and sweets), exercise (even if it's just a daily walk).

Now is the perfect time to make a healthy lifestyle change. You may not have lost all the weight by the time he gets home, BUT you'll feel good about yourself and confidence is key!
    One doesn't have to cut out dairy or bread as food choices to make good food choices.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Maybe not for everyone but I find it helps me. Cutting out carbs keeps me from craving sweets. The dairy part maybe not so much. But it's still very good advice.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Get some spanx.

Yeah that's the worst advice for a girl seeing her man after a long deployment

Get something flimsy, and rippable
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Probably should have thought about this at Xmas time. Ain't happening unless you dehydrate your body completely or cut off a limb.
    Trust that you're NOT going to lose 10lbs of FAT in 2 weeks. You might lose some water, but that rarely does a lot for appearance if one is overweight to begin with.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

150 lbs at 5'6" isn't overweight.
    You're right. So maybe we should be asking why she NEEDS to lose 10lbs?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well, 154 at 5' 6" is considered overweight. She's right were I started when I wanted to lose! It's about not getting to that point of actually being overweight, seems like a healthy cut off to me.

I think in the first two weeks I lost about 6-7 lbs of mostly water weight. So she could just start limiting calories (say 1400/day, she can increase it later to around 1600 or something) and making sure to drink 8 - 12 glasses of water a day. Reduce sodium. She'll get close.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    why don't you try and tone up instead? if your toned and weigh 160 you will may look like u weigh 140
    since you aren't over weight you should try to lose inches not lbs

And how is "toning up" different from trying to lose weight?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

And it wasn't 6.5 pounds of fat, either.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Probably should have thought about this at Xmas time. Ain't happening unless you dehydrate your body completely or cut off a limb.
    Trust that you're NOT going to lose 10lbs of FAT in 2 weeks. You might lose some water, but that rarely does a lot for appearance if one is overweight to begin with.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Even when I'm at the top of my healthy weight range, I can look flabby or unfit. I imagine this is the case for OP.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options

Can I also point out the visual difference between 6 lb bloated and not bloated can look like 10 lbs of fat even if it technically isn't?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well, 154 at 5' 6" is considered overweight. She's right were I started when I wanted to lose! It's about not getting to that point of actually being overweight, seems like a healthy cut off to me.

I think in the first two weeks I lost about 6-7 lbs of mostly water weight. So she could just start limiting calories (say 1400/day, she can increase it later to around 1600 or something) and making sure to drink 8 - 12 glasses of water a day. Reduce sodium. She'll get close.

150 at her height is not overweight, and even that;s relative depending on how much lean muscle mass she has.
  • reginab1984
    Options

You are also 30+lbs overweight, not trying to lose 10 vanity lbs.

Actually, I'm three pounds overweight, according to the BMI chart. Thanks, though.
  • reginab1984
    Options

Did she specify that she wanted to lose 10 pounds of fat? I must have missed that part.