Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Here is my confession: 90% of the time I make my dinner different then what I make for my family, most of the time I eat the same thing day after day, BUT I like it, lol.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

This does not seem weird to me because my damned kids seem to think this is a standard snack. I'm forever finding hot cocoa packets orphaned in odd corners, half eaten with a crusty spoon inside. Fine for them...but, why do I have to clean up the mess?
  • Justdoitalready1978
    Options
    Ive been over eating to compensate, for quitting smoking
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    Questions (not judgement of course):

1) do you mean you don't change out of those workout clothes for days or are you "airing" things out like some of these other ladies?

2) For the ladies airing stuff out would it be just as easy to take those clothes in the bathroom+when you shower and leave them in a sink full of water and Woolite while you shower and the drain the sink while you dress and then hang them to dry for the same lenght of time they would have "aired out"?...without really costing you any more time if thats the issue?

3) Is it the scented trash bag, and what do you do with the yellow drawstring tie it at your waist like sweats?

4) What is the difference between, judgement, curiosity, "nosy" -ness, and concern?

<3 You sooo much LOLZ!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Also, not to judge, but more than one person said they throw out a bunch of food. Why? There are so many starving people in this world, and doesn't that waste money? Maybe I just don't have a big food budget.

My confession? That bothered me too. I. Just. Can't. Help it.

:-/

My mind automatically goes... Food bank/neighbors/co-workers. (I suck at this game).
    :-(
  • meganljohnson06
    meganljohnson06 Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A couple days ago after my husband went to bed, I went 800 calories over my goal by finishing off the chocolate chip cookies. I wasn't going to log them, but he noticed they were gone before our daughter got home so I couldn't blame it on her.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    proclivitys.

Word of the day toilet paper?? I'll admit I had to look this word up, lol. :s

Nope, just a fun word to use.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.
    Oh, I do that too; tonight I have added two liquorice allsorts to tomorrow's.
  • cerilekara
    cerilekara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Confession: I get really really excited when I poop before breakfast.

That's awesome!!!! I feel ya sister!
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I walk down the candy aisle at Walmart and fantasize about eating a whole bag of chocolate.
    99% Of the time I won't buy that bag of chocolate but if I do, I shove it somewhere I can't see it and my family ends up eating it.

I love watching Man vs. Food
    Adam Richman is my secret hero.
  • clairegerchman322
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

That is genius! Totally stealing that
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Wow! I wish i had you at home with me. I actually like the idea to bring the scale to the store. And i am aiming to soon start premeasuring and vac sealing once a week for easier prep. You, my friend, are my type of compulsive. My goal is to be a little more like that.

Lovin the scale at the store idea... I can see how it would be much easier to have a sweet potato be the exact weight you need, same as any of the peppers etc.

I've not counted my popcorn but am trying so hard to eat one piece at a time, struggling but trying. Same with a cutie, peel it and try hard to separate each section and eat one piece and chew it completely before I swallow it. Only then do I take another section. But definitely not completely there yet.

Wow, loving this thread and finding it helpful realizing I'm not alone in this!! I feel like I'm at a meeting ;)

@Danilynn1975 I loved your list... it simplifies things, so I can understand that. I've always thought of pre-weighing my cheese soon as I get home, I think I'll start. So many of your tricks would help for impulse eating that might come up..the food is pre-packaged and measured. Awesome!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Also, my confession is that while I laugh at the "sugar addiction" threads, I too am addicted. I typically snort the easier stuff like powdered sugar or dextrose. But when I am desperate I have been known to reach the depths of snorting pixie stix. Once I even did some stevia. Never again.

I am not ashamed.

Then when you log your booogars, aren't you logging the cals twice? :s

Confession #2: I don't log my booger ingestion.

I'm sorry but I have to be honest here... I'm feeling a bit judgmental here on Confession #2. :anguished:
  • bskeletor
    bskeletor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love donuts. I make sure they fit in my macros but I can't stop eating them.
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been known to eat an entire box of blueberry waffles in one sitting.... but at least I don't use syrup....
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Can't keep trigger foods in the house. For example: baking cookies or Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits! In the past, I had made biscuits...but ate the entire container full. Yuck. And with cookies, I had made several batches one night and ate almost 10 cookies.

My cravings and taste buds have changed a lot since then, tho! I'm almost 9 months and 40 pounds down into my weight loss journey. I only record my weight/measurements when I have a loss. I hate having my charts be all over the place. Yes, weight loss isn't linear, but I like to see my charts go down!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

I'm so sorry things are difficult <3
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Last night I went through the Wendy's drive thru at midnight. I got a small chili and value fries and it was soooooo good. The bonus was that I wasn't hungry this morning when I woke up.