Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    When I've had a really bad day, calorie wise, if I think I can average it out through the week, I'll move 100-200 calories worth of food to each day afterward until I'm in the green. Like, if I ate 7 cookies and went over my calorie goal, I'll log one of them into each day for the rest of the week until today's goal is green... And that is my "placeholder" for those calories for the rest of the week to make sure I reverse the damage completely. ;)

I DO THIS TOO. I thought I was the only one who spent time painstakingly fudging the numbers til they look like I actually have self control and a plan :)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    I used to make butter sandwiches. Butter? Good. Bread? Good.

It really is a wonder how I ended up overweight.

I can go one step further, my brother and I once ate 13 pieces of toast each with butter and sugar. We used to call it bean toast as is (bien toast).

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    sengalissa wrote: »
    I love going out for meals and stuffing my face with burgers and getting drunk in front of my overweight friends who have accused me of starving myself!

Little do they know that my day to day life is extremely controlled and disciplined. I just follow the 80/20 rule.

I also love beating all my kids friends parents in the yearly local 10km. We all train all year for it, I live in a very competitive area of North london. It's hilarious.

I'm a bit of a *kitten*. I'm good with that! There's a lot of jealous people around. It's a novelty for me, as I only really hit my stride in the last couple of years.

I always eat more in public just to show everyone that I can eat cheesecake and still look slim. It's because I am very controlled 90% of the time. But I, too, love to shovel it in just to rub it in. Why do I do that? To make it look easy? But why?

Because you've worked extremely hard and people's envy is actually rewarding, especially if you haven't had it before. I get bitchy comments and people actually trying to feed me to make me less attractive(I'm not imagining it, usually a fatten her up comment goes along) these people aren't actually my friends. It's mean and I hate it. I like to get my revenge and seem like it's all effortless! Joy!

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Eaten handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips and not logged them because they don't count? Check.

Eaten peanut butter directly out of the jar and not logged it? Check.

Eaten half of a huge loaf of homemade bread and only logged a couple of servings? Also check.

I need to switch my diary around so that I have a "food I didn't mean to eat" category to log it all.
  • LisaMcDonald86
    LisaMcDonald86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat peanut butter by the spoonful. I have also done this with jam, Nutella, and yes, cake frosting. My proud moment is not consuming the entire container.

I guilty of also eating peanut butter by the spoonful and not the natural pb either! :(
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    junestarrr wrote: »
    I hop on the scale every. single. time after using the bathroom at home.

For shame.

But do you hop on before, so you know how much you lost? ;)

You are a genius! And here I've just been pooping on the scale to figure that out. :'(
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I hide the honeycrisp apples and give my daughter galas or another variety. I'm very Trunchbull about it. Honeycrisp are much too good for children.

I have considered doing this. My 3 kids go through around 10# of honeycrisp apples a week! Those f'rs are expensive!
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My confession: I'm sat in Carluccio's whilst my hubby is undergoing surgery and I'm petrified. I'm feeling sick and scared and not sure i can walk past Thornton's and Millie's and all the other shops selling edibles without bingeing. I feel so powerless just waiting for him to come out of theatre and for them to let me know if it's or worst fears or nothing to worry about.

I really, really want chocolate right now but am making do with a skimmed milk coffee.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

Today I had to actively stop myself from buying a box of brownie mix today at Target and doing this. I had the box in my hand and everything. And I was trying to think of ways to portion them, so I could have frozen brownie batter for the next week or so.

Have you considered the single-serving microwavable brownie bowls?

warmdelights.gif

oh? This makes far more sense for me... I've been thinking about brownie batter now after seeing post after post about it on here. lol A portion? Crazy concept, wonder if I could do that. Thanks :)

Oh! Ive never even thought of freezing those! I usually reserve my batter binging for special occasions (every other thursday and some sundays =)...but I could definitely work that in a couple xs a week!
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

I wear the same shorts for my morning workout 5 days in a row and then throw them in the wash over the weekend. They're that moisture-wicking material so I just lay them out over the edge of the tub to dry overnight.

• jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Even though I've lost weight almost every week, have logged my food diligently all week and my clothes are not tighter and it is okay if I don't lose every week I am still scared to step on the scale. Every week I grit my teeth and close my eyes as I step on it. I also always weigh myself about 3 times in a row to be sure.

Speaking of getting things off my chest- one of my breasts seems to be shrinking faster than the other one as I lose weight.

HAHAHA! :D I weigh myself twice in two different places(in the bathroom and in the dining room) to make sure the weight on the scale is the same.
  • MaikelsGirl
    MaikelsGirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am very seriously considering gastric bypass surgery and the program that pays for it has a restriction of BMI. I'm almost afraid to lose more weight (I'm not losing much), because if I lose too much I'll be under the BMI to qualify...
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    When I started this, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. I was on Metformin for months. I've successfully reversed my insulin resistance, but I've been too scared to come off the Metformin - I think I convinced myself that it was the only reason I've successfully lost the 69 pounds - that I'm incapable of doing it on my own.

I did stop, as of Wednesday. I still scared :)

I'm on it too for the same exact reasons and have thought it has helped me lose weight after reading it would...dont know if its true or not but dont plan on stopping just in case.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I feel incredibly boring because I can't think of anything to confess.
  • karenpipa
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

me too!!!!

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

Today I had to actively stop myself from buying a box of brownie mix today at Target and doing this. I had the box in my hand and everything. And I was trying to think of ways to portion them, so I could have frozen brownie batter for the next week or so.

Have you considered the single-serving microwavable brownie bowls?

warmdelights.gif

Enabler!!! :p

• mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I let my dog pull me up the hills when we are out running. She doesn't mind but it seriously reduces the effort!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.
    To the guy that cut me off on my cycling commute and pushed me off the road and then drove off, yeah, when I finally followed you and found out where you worked? That was me that let the air out of your tires every Friday for 2 months. Sorry. not at all.

And I keyed your car.

BAHHAH I double died! Epic.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I love to eat in the morning and it does not matter what it is. Leftovers from dinner esp. if I have take out is the best....
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest motivations to get more fit is so I can finally check the "athletic and toned" box on the dating website I'm on without having to worry that a guy will be disappointed when he see me in person