Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

You have your own reasons and I'm not implying anything about you, please understand.

That said, overfeeding other people with treats is a *classic* ED symptom. I've done it; I've watched other people do it. It feeds your food obsession on one hand, and on the other, if other people get fatter you look thinner by comparison.

Not wanting to fall into that trap again is a big reason I don't bake anymore. :(

For reals?

Yes, for real.

If you want to get all evo bio about it, the physiological/genetic underpinning of the modern mental illness anorexia nervosa is an adaptation for surviving famine--things like amenorrhea and a very single-minded focus on food, triggered when body fat drops below a specific percentage or drops a significant amount in a short period of time (for example in the *modern* world, when someone with the genetic susceptibility embarks on a successful diet). Of course, in anorexia, it's about NOT EATING, but you surround yourself with food in every other way possible. Massive recipe collections. Huge shopping sprees of stuff you won't eat. Cooking elaborate meals for your family. Baking baking baking. Instagrams full of nothing but the same six chopped up vegetables.

To be clear, I'm NOT implying the OP here has a problem; there is simply no data to support or deny it. It's just all the people in the thread going, "Teehee how deliciously evil"--for them, I wanted to point out the dark underside of the behavior in some people.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I only log losses, never gains

Same, but because I'm tired of people congratulating me for losing weight when I just lost water weight. Seems pointless. Better just log my real losses (although if I gain a bit one month, I'll record it, but I only record the lowest weight every month, pretty much).
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

You have your own reasons and I'm not implying anything about you, please understand.

That said, overfeeding other people with treats is a *classic* ED symptom. I've done it; I've watched other people do it. It feeds your food obsession on one hand, and on the other, if other people get fatter you look thinner by comparison.

Not wanting to fall into that trap again is a big reason I don't bake anymore. :(

For reals?

Yes, for real.

If you want to get all evo bio about it, the physiological/genetic underpinning of the modern mental illness anorexia nervosa is an adaptation for surviving famine--things like amenorrhea and a very single-minded focus on food, triggered when body fat drops below a specific percentage or drops a significant amount in a short period of time (for example in the *modern* world, when someone with the genetic susceptibility embarks on a successful diet). Of course, in anorexia, it's about NOT EATING, but you surround yourself with food in every other way possible. Massive recipe collections. Huge shopping sprees of stuff you won't eat. Cooking elaborate meals for your family. Baking baking baking. Instagrams full of nothing but the same six chopped up vegetables.

To be clear, I'm NOT implying the OP here has a problem; there is simply no data to support or deny it. It's just all the people in the thread going, "Teehee how deliciously evil"--for them, I wanted to point out the dark underside of the behavior in some people.
    That sounds familiar. Interesting.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have no moderation when it comes to chips. I'll eat a whole bag (big bag) of chips in one sitting :( Therfore, I can no longer buy them......I know, its not normal...
  • ErikThaRed
    ErikThaRed Posts: 139 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I log sexual activity in my exercise diary; and even looked up how much calories mastur.bation burns...lol
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I can't read this thread past your comment, you monster.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ErikThaRed wrote: »
    I log sexual activity in my exercise diary; and even looked up how much calories *kitten* burns...lol

But do you wear your heart rate monitor?
  • stef_e
    Options
    As soon as I'm alone in the house, I eat anything and everything. I've been doing that for 3 years, it's amazing I'm not overweight
  • ErikThaRed
    Options
    lisaw19855 wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily but don't log it, I accept the fluctuations and usually know why (no poop, too much sodium) but I hate seeing in on my little graph thing.

Me too
  • Bigblueboyscout
    Bigblueboyscout Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this bad or not but I threatened to stop eating when I first started dieting. I have severe depression so it was a risk but I honestly thought it would help me lose more weight. Took my dad and a few other family members to convince me that it would do harm than good. Now I'm seventy something days into this adventure and I still enjoy all my good food. :D
  • ErikThaRed
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I log sexual activity in my exercise diary; and even looked up how much calories *kitten* burns...lol

But do you wear your heart rate monitor?

No, just found online that "The average man burns 4.2 calories a minute having sex, while women burn 3.1 calories. " and calculated based on that.
  • MathematicalOwl
    MathematicalOwl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

Same! At the end of the day, I'm mad. When thin people talk about needing to lose 5lbs like it's the world's biggest deal I just want to shake them!
    Also, I know people think that 'All about that Bass' is thin shaming.....but in reality, I just don't care. Every other song is about pretty thin girls, let me have one.

So I guess my real confession is that I'm bitter. Should probably work on that :\
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I log sexual activity in my exercise diary; and even looked up how much calories mastur.bation burns...lol

Oh. My.

How comparable is *kitten* (<- this is starred, seriously? Okay, we'll go with wanking) to sex, calorie burn wise?
  • WisconsinFlyAnglerGirl
    Options
    Reading all the poop posts makes me jealous.
    I've never eaten so many vegetables or ingested so much water, yet I haven't taken a poop in 5 days. :\
    I'm secretly hoping for a 5 pound loss when it finally happens.
  • MathematicalOwl
    MathematicalOwl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    stef_e wrote: »
    As soon as I'm alone in the house, I eat anything and everything. I've been doing that for 3 years, it's amazing I'm not overweight

[NOT JUDGING]
    Technically these are signs of ED's (eating in secret, binge eating)- just be careful, kay?

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Reading all the poop posts makes me jealous.
    I've never eaten so many vegetables or ingested so much water, yet I haven't taken a poop in 5 days. :\
    I'm secretly hoping for a 5 pound loss when it finally happens.

YOU WOULD THINK, right??? I've totally gotten super excited about a poop, only to discover my loss was minimal.

Sorry, I get super worked up when talking about poop. I just really, really miss being regular.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't have carbs with my dinner so I have room for chocolate. Sweets/chocolate make up almost a quarter of my daily calories. I really need to get it under control.
  • lindzgayle
    lindzgayle Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I only log losses, never gains

Same here!
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

For reals?

Yes, for real.

No. It's just funny. Sorry you don't get it.

2nisl95.jpg

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have to get an implant to regulate my pee.