Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    We've got friends over for lunch tomorrow ...it is a rule in my house that we always offer 3 puddings ...

Can I please please please be invited over for lunch? :)

And is it a choice of one of the three puddings, or may I have all three?

(Yes, I have a sweet tooth. I've been known to eat second helpings of dessert on many occasions. )

• AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    I had a middle school basketball coach who seemed to take sadistic delight in making 12- and 13-year-old girls vomit. She lasted one season.

I have a bike but I haven't ridden one since I was a kid and I am scared that I forgot how (I know, I know). I don't want to look like a damn fool falling off it. I have had it for years. I even lent it to a relative for a couple of years.

You'll be fine, you will remember. Just when you start back, don't be a dummy like me and decide that your dog walking time will fit in with bike time. My 105 lb German Shepherd saw a cat, I saw road rash. Shook it off like it didn't hurt and gimped on home so I could go snivel about it in private.
    There's a confession, when my dog wiped me out on my bike, I did try it again, and he made me flip it again. I don't ride a bike anymore.

• AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Options
    Yesterday I drank a protein shake in the morning and ate nothing else all day so that I could have a cheeseburger and fries for dinner.

I had a cheeseburger and fries for lunch, so I skipped dinner to make up for it. I was starving by this morning...cheeseburger was worth it.
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    Wtn_Gurl wrote: »
    my confession - i hate exercise. at least at this point. my feet ache and legs ache from too much weight. i have no energy. i can walk 2-3 blocks only. i can stand about 5 minutes at most. my weight has done this. i dont know when i will exercise. im going to maybe do pool exercises for now.

My confession is that I freaking LOVE exercise and get really bitchy/angry when I am injured or otherwise unable to move.

I also get really good endorphin highs even though I don't run much.

My sister was an Olympic-level distance runner and she was impossible to be around when she could not run. I have never been on that level as an athlete (different body type) but I am exactly the same way--it just isn't as obvious to others in my case.

so how do I go from absolute hate and loathing to feeling like you?

I was you 6 months ago. I hated exercise and now I have to have it, and get upset when I don't get at least 3 workouts in a week. It started with starting, really. I went to a fitness camp and got kickstarted on nutrition and just moving, I started making myself go for a mile walk at least 3 times a week and was meeting with a trainer once a week for strength training. I can now run 4 miles 3 days a week, and do strength training for 1 hour 3 days a week. It has been cold too much lately and I have missed some runs so I have been cranky a lot.

I am in the middle of changing from loving being lazy to loving being active. After I make myself work out I make a point to notice what feels good: I feel less achy, more energy, proud of myself, happy and relaxed, can eat more now, etc., etc. Then when I should work out but am not feeling it I remind myself of those things "that headache you have? You can fix it without meds! And be in a better mood! And get more snacks..." I think it's working. It's a process tho lol. Hence my confession - after 3 days in a row 13 hour shifts last weekend (plus an hour commute each way) on my first day off I was SUPER LAZY! Kept my pj's on all day and only made like 285 steps! Huuuge nap in the middle of the day too! And I loved every minute of it! :smiley:
  • marciemartin1
    marciemartin1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

This. I wear one all the time.
  • littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I drank a protein shake in the morning and ate nothing else all day so that I could have a cheeseburger and fries for dinner.

I do this type of stuff on the weekends..I like to splurge on fast food nachos from time to time :)
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I use my stress to binge eat. Today I ate half a bag of peppermint patti mini's.
  • Icebunny33
    Options
    I will try to use ANY excuse to NOT workout.... including the classic "I broke a nail".
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    AshC1023 wrote: »
    I had a middle school basketball coach who seemed to take sadistic delight in making 12- and 13-year-old girls vomit. She lasted one season.

I have a bike but I haven't ridden one since I was a kid and I am scared that I forgot how (I know, I know). I don't want to look like a damn fool falling off it. I have had it for years. I even lent it to a relative for a couple of years.

You'll be fine, you will remember. Just when you start back, don't be a dummy like me and decide that your dog walking time will fit in with bike time. My 105 lb German Shepherd saw a cat, I saw road rash. Shook it off like it didn't hurt and gimped on home so I could go snivel about it in private.
    There's a confession, when my dog wiped me out on my bike, I did try it again, and he made me flip it again. I don't ride a bike anymore.

Thanks for the encouragement! Glad to hear you only hurt your pride.
  • Icebunny33
    Options
    SOmetimes when I work out, I'll just stop and let the heart rate monitor run out like a clock at a basketball game and count those towards my calories at the end of the day.

Lets see what else.....

I have only ever started a diet on a Monday cause come on... who ever really starts their diets any other day of the week?

I sometimes binge eat and then make myself workout when I have that sickish feeling so that I can REMEMBER IT, should I ever do so again in a very "Look at you... look at your choices" kind of way.

I have every Zumba workout set known to man and dont use them.

and lastly, I literally get ANXIOUS if I dont get a second serving of something be it dinner, a snack, at a party, etc. I feel like Im missing out on something.
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(
    I wear them too! Wish they made upper arm spanx....
  • keeleybjensen
    keeleybjensen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my work bought delicious pizza for a meeting we were having. I was able to not eat any pizza but it stressed me out so badly that I got super flushed and ended up with a rash on my chest.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I threw a pissy fit, just like a little kid when my husband tried to tell me I couldn't use the iPad while running on the treadmill.

Gotta admit I would not pitch a fit.

I would file for divorce.

:p

(ETA: I love "tried to tell me".)
  • keeleybjensen
    keeleybjensen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.
    HAHAHAHA you're evil! I love it
  • cherylb620
    cherylb620 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this! I love raw hot chocolate powder. I started MFP monday and was doing well and today ate (4) homemade white chocolate chip cookies someone brought in. Why can't I say NO? First thought give up! Now I need to get back on track.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    cherylb620 wrote: »
    Thanks for starting this! I love raw hot chocolate powder. I started MFP monday and was doing well and today ate (4) homemade white chocolate chip cookies someone brought in. Why can't I say NO? First thought give up! Now I need to get back on track.

Glad you're ignoring that first thought! Log it and move on. You will make better choices tonight/tomorrow.
  • maryaalhindi
    maryaalhindi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty after eating anything for 2 or 3 hours afterwards, no matter how light... Pretty consuming when it's all you think about all day
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my work bought delicious pizza for a meeting we were having. I was able to not eat any pizza but it stressed me out so badly that I got super flushed and ended up with a rash on my chest.

Sorry for your stress, but you conquered the craving! The rash on your chest is temporary, whereas over-eating pizza can have long term effects. Good job! (not saying pizza is bad; just noting the personal victory by choosing not to eat the pizza instead of letting it choose you)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I use my stress to binge eat. Today I ate half a bag of peppermint patti mini's.

Those things are delicious.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    I confess that it made me REALLY happy when my ex bf saw me after i lost over 100 pounds & dumbfoundedly told me im the most gorgeous women hes ever known.... I probably also secretly hoped his new gf was mad

*flips hair*

Isn't that the BEST? Ugh. You may want me, but you can't have me. :P

it is pretty bad *kitten* indeed