WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2105

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :D (*) Yanniejannie congrats to you and to your daughter....you two have be persistent with this dream and now it's on its way to coming true.

:D I have been logging food and exercise on MFP daily with very few exceptions for six years. I've lost the weight I wanted to lose and have kept the weight off. What I eat has become increasingly more nutrition dense and now I don't eat a lot of things I used to eat and I don't miss them.

:D I wish all of you the gift of desperation and commitment that's required to make this new lifestyle permanent.

194904olsgis3xqe.gifLIne dance class today was great fun....the dogs and I started the day with a long walk in the rain and the day got even better after that.

<3 Barbie

• wildfiremoons666
    Options
    I haven't been here for a few days. Been so badly depressed. I am having a hard time financially, and it is hard to eat correctly. I am not binge eating with the exception of this afternoon. I also probably haven't been eating correctly, might say a few days I starved myswlf. I did eat a cupcake and it made me nauseated. I will get past this eventually. This month is my Mimi birthday amd she died 7 years ago this year. She was my grandma realistically but she raised me so I consider her my mom. I miss her so much and seems like yesterday I got that dreadful phone call. She was my life and gave up so much to rise me. I will always love and miss her,
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well, I’ve decided to try the cut and paste approach. Hope it works….

I slept late today and went to do my workout at 11:00. I had to push myself to do it but I did 50 minutes (thought of my word OPPORTUNITY and decided I would feel guilty if I passed up the chance to work out).
    I had my monthly acupuncture treatment this afternoon. It was awesome. I used to do them every weekend but can’t afford that with retirement budget. I always tell friends if I ever married for a third time it would have to be a very successful chiropractor who’d had extensive training in holistic acupuncture! No $ worries, back adjustments on demand, and treatments that are even better than S _ _!

Sylvia and Wildfire,too – (((((hugs))))) and prayers

Sharon – Under two – woo hoo! Meformin – boo! I take M too and I know you are disappointed about the increase.

Allison – sad for you about the special doggie friend

Mary – Candy bars – been there done that. At least you stopped at 15! Sometimes when I am on a “binge” I think I should just eat them all so they will be gone!

Pip – I’m with you about the snow for the kids. We haven’t had a good snow in years!

Heather – your trip sounds so wonderful!!!! What was the elephant’s name?

CP – congrats on the weight loss. I can just see you dancing the New Year in! I think that is a wonderful goal.

Vicki – here in Tennessee CMA means Country Music Association. What is your CMA?

Sue – glad you enjoyed your B-day “surprise”.

Yanniejannie – Yahoo! Congratulations to your daughter. How wonderful!

TNToni
    GRATITUDE FOR THE PAST - STRENGTH FOR THE PRESENT - FAITH FOR THE FUTURE
    2015 word - "OPPORTUNITY"

• hoff2002
    hoff2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I tried a couple of times to post, but I managed to lose it. I do put it on Word and copy it over, but I tried to put the ticker and lost everything. I finally gave up and went to bed. So, I'm trying again tonight. My grandchildren were rough housing and hit my arm, tossed my mouse around, and I lost it again. Fortunately, I could paste it back! Ugh!

Welcome to all those who are new are returning. Great to have you join us.

Sue in SD: Prayers for your friend’s DGD. That’s a really serious situation. I pray that all will go well. Keep us updated.

Sylvia: How are you feeling? Thank God you went to the ER instead of just tolerating the pain.

Heather: Sounds like you are really enjoying your trip! What fun! Cool picture of the elephant!

Toni: Isn’t it amazing that your student has grown up to be such a fine young woman!

Alison: Sending hugs! I can’t imagine having so much snow! I know we rarely have snow where I live, but I see how people struggle in Colorado as well. I hope spring comes soon!

Sharon in Alberta: Congrats on the weight loss! I can’t wait until I get under 200 lbs, but I have a LONG way to go! So happy for you!

Cynthia: Sending big hugs. It’s not easy when your job ends and it’s not your choice! Wishing you well.

Cherie-Wisconsin: Good luck! I hope your weekend goes well. Logging everything I eat is the only way I can keep on track.

Peachstategal: Sorry to hear about your mom. It’s so hard to see our parents so sad. By the way, they now have light weight wheel chairs that aren’t so hard to pack up into the car. Some of them are so difficult! Good luck!

Beltoniana: Congratulations on making the choice to be healthier and Happy Birthday! I can’t think of a better birthday gift you can give yourself! It certainly isn’t easy, but you are worth the effort. Good luck and remember that we are all in this together…we’re here for you! 

Twhitehead7: I’m so sorry you are in such a funk! I think that most of us have been where you are at one time or another…down on ourselves for overeating or eating the wrong foods. Take a deep breath, forgive yourself. Tomorrow is a new day. Sending hugs!

Donna from Illinois:
    Welcome! So glad you joined us. Visit often. So awesome that your daughter can help you. What a blessing!

Terri in Milwaukee: You are so sweet to offer to get the Fitbit for you DD when you don’t have one yourself. What an unselfish thing to do.

Diana in NW Indiana: So glad your knee is somewhat better! Congrats on doing 10,000 steps!

Mary from Minnesota:
    Boy can I relate to evening binging. Lately, I am doing well, but oh when it hit! Ugh! I agree thought, I simply write every single thing down!

Pipcd34: I’ll bet some of these ladies would love to send you some snow! LOL!

Katla: Isn’t it great when someone cuts your hair in a way that you really like! Congrats on finding your new hair stylist!

Noexcuses118: Congratulations on the weight loss! Great job! As for the number of posts you are behind … oh, can I related! We are a very active group lately!

Stephanie in Central OR: Happy Birthday to you DH! Good luck on eating out! Whatever you eat…just log it!

Lillian: Stay safe and warm.

Debbi in So. Calif:
    Welcome!

Rita in CT: Good luck with the snow blower! Wow! Tractor sized!

Tina: Congratulations on both eating right and exercising! WTG!

Terri: Isn’t it amazing how the “healthy” stuff sometimes has so many calories! Ugh!

Barbie:
    You are so right about people with allergies and restaurant foods. Some of my grandchildren are allergic to dairy products and it is so difficult to go out to eat with them. It’s tough, too, to find something that is healthy and doesn’t have so many calories!

Bumblebeejec: I hope you start feeling better! I’ve given Carbamazepine to patients in the past, but it’s seriously been such a long time since I practiced bedside medicine that I can’t remember anything about it. Have you googled the side effects?

Janet in Myrtle Beach, SC: Congrats on the weight loss! Isn’t it awesome when someone notices that you’ve lost weight. So happy for you. Have a wonderful cruise! We’ll be thinking of you and waiting for pictures!

Vicki GI NE: Sounds like you have a busy weekend! Have fun!

Yanniejannie:
    Woo Hoo! So happy for your daughter! How AWESOME! Congrats, too, on your wonderful time in your friend’s time share!

Starrhae130: Welcome! I’m so glad that you have your daughter to help you. I hope that you find this site as wonderful as I do. There are so many wonderful ladies on here.

I've been doing very well with sticking to my calorie count for over a month without overeating. Tonight, we went out to eat boiled crawfish because one of my daughters from Colorado just flew in to attend a friend's wedding. I managed to stay within my set calories nonetheless! Yay! The grandchildren who live here (7 years, 6 years, and 22 months) asked to come home with us. I stopped and got frozen yogurt for them. I got myself some that was "no added sugar". I'm finally beginning to see a little progress. This week I've had five people comment that they can tell I'm losing weight. Unfortunately, when I look at pictures of myself, all I see is the fat! I'm trying to consistently walk more, but I'm finding it hard to get to 10,000 steps. It's just really hard to find to time to walk that much, but I'm doing what I can. I'm usually hitting 5,000 to 7,500. That's at least an improvement over the 1,000 to 1,500 that I would do as my "normal activity." My job is very sedentary except for when I have to go and help someone. When we were up in Colorado, I managed to walk much more. One of my DD's took me on the route they used when she did a 5K. I took her walking around the neighborhood so I could reach my 10,000 steps when we finished! LOL! Barbie, I don't know how you manage to walk so many steps and do line dancing as well. My hat is off to you! :smiley:

Well, I'm off to bed before I manage to lose this post as well. Hugs and prayers for all. Take care, stay safe, and come on Spring!

Barb from South Louisiana

Goals for 2015:
    * Continue to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day
    * Do something nice for someone every day, even if it's just to give a compliment
    * Exercise at least 3x/week. Start out slowly and work up gradually
    * Focus on eating healthy one meal at a time/one day at a time

75142811.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yanniejannie: CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter! I am happy for both of you. She's worked very hard for this chance to attend veterinary medicine school, and you've been there for her every time she needed your support. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Dkuffer
    Options
    It's been a while since I posted- lost 7 labs last month, hitnthe gym four times per week, and logged every day. Even though work has been busy, I've been taking the time to take care of myself. What a difference that makes. Hang in there ladies!
    -
    DORENE in New Mexico
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your daughter Yanniejannie!
    Everytime I come in here I get inspired and motivated so thank you all for sharing your victories n losses, your joys n sorrows. Im sure there are some more like me.
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did an hour workout on the treadmill. This really involves changing speeds and inclines. The plan for tomorrow is to do a lower body pilates DVD

After exercise went to Aldi and got a few things that I needed. Later today I'm supposed to go for my recertification for my CPR

Toni - what type of work are you doing?

Sharon in Alberta
    - Ij do hope you find the Arctic Zero. Congrats on the loss! Sorry your metformin is doubled but glad you're feeling better.

Heather
    - love, love, love, reading all about your adventures. Hope things work out for you driver's son

beltonlana
    - welcome back and happy birthday!

donamari
    - welcome! It's good that you're doing both cardio and weight training.

katla
    - I remember you telling us that your barber moved away. So glad things are working out with this woman

Joyce (I think it was) - here's what I found out about MFP being sold:

February 04, 2015: 04:15 PM ET BALTIMORE, Md., Feb. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Under Armour (NYSE:UA), a global leader in sports performance and innovation, announced the acquisition of Endomondo and MyFitnessPal, establishing ownership of the world's largest digital health and fitness community. These acquisitions, which supplement UA's existing MapMyFitness and UA RECORD™ suite of applications, will further enable the brand to provide unparalleled health and fitness data and insight, in support of its universal mission to make all athletes better.

Powered by more than 80 million registered users, MyFitnessPal is the leading free resource for achieving and maintaining health and fitness goals, providing nutritional information for over five million foods and offering caloric data associated with hundreds of exercises, empowering its community to make better, more informed healthy-living decisions. MyFitnessPal will expand the current offerings from UA Connected Fitness™ to include comprehensive nutrition tools, allowing users to track calories, nutrition and exercise. Source: CNN Money (http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/NE24218.htm)

Who knows? Maybe they'll continue with "upgrades". Only time will tell......

CP - yea for that loss. What a wonderful goal!

Stephanie in OR
    - happy birthday to your hubby

Rita - can Alison come over and snowblow for you???? (like she needs more ....) I must have missed it...what is MIS?

Just went to be recertified in CPR. I didn't know this (probably because I'm not am employee of the Y) but there was a online video that I was supposed to have watched and an online test I was supposed to have taken. Frustrating....there were questions on the test that I'm SURE were referrenced to in the video, but I had no idea at all about it. There was something on there "chain of survival for a child"...what in the world was this? I just had to guess. Well, the good thing is that they did let me retake the test. But I may not have had to had I known that there was this video and test to be taken.

yanniejannie
    - doing a happy dance for your daughter

starrrhae - we're so excited to have you here. Come in often

Meg - that's horrible about your roof and even more horrible that the copper pipes were missing. The latest pic that I posted is of the ladybug that I painted to put on the outside by the pool. Prior to that I posted a pic of a (oh, how I want to say firefly) praying mantis and was asking for ideas for colors for it.

Syliva - ((((HUGS))))) What a wonderful hubby you have there!

bedfordd - welcome!

wildfiremoons - so sorry you are having such troubles. I feel, too, that it was my grandmother who raised me.

Dorene in NM - congrats on that loss.

Welcome to anyone new that I may have missed

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My DH and I just got back from The Art of Marriage video seminar at our church. Part 2 tomorrow. We've been married 4 1/2 years and this is our 3rd seminar! We both had horrible 1st marriages and we want to make sure we are successful! We actually got a lot out of it the last two times that it just reminds us of what is really important in our lives and our marriage. Love it
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Sorry got cut off again!

I guess it's just like MFP is for helping with the lifestyle changes. Everyone needs help and support from God and others.

Have a great day!

Mary from Minnesota
  • mkbunny
    mkbunny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »
    Checking in for February. o:)<3<3o:)

Thanks Barbie.

Lin in Central Iowa where the snow is coming down faster now

I live in AK and we have very little snow.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Hope I can keep this short. I made a lot of notes
    Allison so sorry about the greyhound. It had wonderful loving years which is what is important
    Heather I hope you can send us a picture of the view from your hotel. We are traveling through you to Sri Lanka so don't leave anything out
    Peach So sorry about your Mom in the nursing home but am glad she was finally up to getting out. We did that every Monday when my MIL was alive but I had a husband who could easily lift the wheel chair into the car
    Terri in Milwaukee I very fondly remember the drug rep lunches. My husband was a pharmacy tech and most of the time they would just bring tings into the pharmacy but about 4 times a year they would host a meal out and families were invited. I had some might fine meals. And being and RN they were quite educational to me.
    Cute527 just leave your name the same and just sign off with Tina
    Judy I am on Carbamazepine. Have been for many a year. But when I was first put on it and with every dose increase I was drowsy, cotton mouthed, felt awful. But it all passes
    Janet a doctor told you to limit yourself to 1 fruit a day for diabetes????? Crazy
    Yanni Congratulations to your daughter. 1 out of 50!!! How close is this school to you?
    Meg so sorry that some people have to be such thugs and go around and steal copper and cause such damage to homes. I very fondly remember working the mall blood pressure check, colorectal info booth, cardiac info booth. Whatever unit I was on, the hospital would have some kind of info booth at the mall. And part of our 'pay for performance' markers was community service hours. But it was always fun
    CP that's quite an innovative way to raise money for yourself some dancing lessons. Good luck in it
    Sylvia so sorry the hospital is so short staffed you had to wait all that time. At some point hospitals will realize that it is quite dangerous to have a patient nurse ratio like that
    farmwifenmom do you have your fit bit synced with MFP? Your fit bit should just transfer those calories burnt over to MFP
    TNtoni I was wondering the same thing about CMA. To some one in the medical field CMA means Certified medical assistant. Or the M could stand for medicine
    Barb although others were seeing weight loss on me it took me a long time to see it in myself. Even a longer time for me to feel comfortable looking at myself in the mirror
    Michele thanks so much for the info on the sale of MFP. I'm glad it is another health related company.

Iam the same way with evening grazing. I am fine with my meals. I log all of them in in the morning. But the evening is awful. I started working on Jig saw puzzles on my iPad and that does help some. Take care everyone. Have fun on cruises, be safe in the snow

Joyce, Indiana
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Mini-NSV for me: I just checked Facebook. Denise posted some pic and Bryan responded to it. I did send him an email telling him how I feel, how it hurts when I asked him why he unfriended me he said "I don't have time for Facebook", yet he has time for others. I asked him to be honest with me as to why he won't allow me to let him and Diana share things with me (like videos of our Christmas decorations) I was feeling pretty down, and was ready to dig into these chocolate cookies that I have. Instead, I took one of the chocolate bran muffins that I have, defrosted that and will have it. It know that I want to drink lots when I have one. Not that eating this late at night is good for my weigh in tomorrow, but at least it'll probably keep me from going to those cookies

mkbunny - I'm in NC and we haven't had any snow (which is fine by me)

Michele in NC
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Like a few others, I am going through some hard times at the moment, walked out of work yesterday lunchtime (someone upset me) and now found out that son is having relationship problems with his live in partner - I think it may have something to do with losing his dad plus they have found out their son has epilepsy - but I could be wrong.

It never rains but it pours.

Viv York UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    yannie~ so happy for your daughter!!!!!
    well I had a pair of jeans stuffed in my closet and I put them on they are a size 16 :# and there tight.. where did I go wrong, was down to 12 and now up 4 sizes..
    well will sit down and figure out a eating plan again, and get focused and try and get a piece of exercise equipment in here so I can exercise... just cant afford a gym membership anymore. gotta go wash my hair and go to work
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I feel some improvement this morning. Still not running marathons, but moving my legs didn't cause too much belly pain. Sleeping is my main job right now. When hubby gets here I plan to walk a lot. I had him bring me some of my larger sweat pants so I would have something to cover my butt. Ooh! I just passed some gas! Yippee! Must have done some in my sleep too, because I'm not as bloated this morning.

My son brought the kids up to visit yesterday evening. That was nice. My sister came over from Wichita, and one of my potter friends came by. That was more than enough visiting. I tried to eat some jello last night, but it didn't go down well. This morning I will try a Popsicle. Oh, how low my expectations have gotten.

I'm worn out again now, so it's back to sleep for me. I hope you are all having a rest day.

YannieJannie, I'm sorry but I just skimmed the posts and I see that people are congratulating your daughter. I sure hope that means she got into vet school!. When I'm up to reading more I'll go back and find it. But I'm so happy for both of you!

Sylvia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends,
    welcome.gif Newcomers. Glad to see others are finding us. We missed you.

talk.gif

They had a wonderful assembly for the students yesterday. They had two musicians from Ecuador. They showed and played the instruments from their culture. When they could they had the students come and play too. They told us that when a child gets hurt the other children form a circle and shake these instruments that are made of hooves and chant and sing until the child feels better. To my friends that are hurting here. I like to think we are creating a circle with you in the middle like the children in Ecuador and sending you love until you feel better.

For the friends out east buried in snow my thoughts are with you. Been there.

Time for another flower picture to remind us spring is not far away.9j0vpchow2u1.jpg

smiley-bounce017.gif for all the friends reaching their health goals.

2015 word: strength

Just because you see the hook does not mean you have to bite.

rose.gifMNMargaret
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way out the door to Charleston to hop on the ship. Just had to check in one last time. Sylvia, only the best thoughts for you!! <3
    All you other lovely ladies, I hope you have a wonderful week. May your pains be few and your victories be plentiful.
    I love you all,
    Janet in the Bahamas soon. B)
  • SueTN2
    SueTN2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Janet: Bahamas sounds wonderful, hope you have a great trip. I love that saying " May your pains be few and your victories be plentiful".

Sue in TN
  • MMinMD
    MMinMD Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello group –
    I’m new a week of so ago. You all are amazing - thank you so much. Much wisdom, humor and tons of goo tips from an “experienced” group!

My short-term weight goal for Feb is to get down to 280 (I was 295 my highest wt ever in mid Jan), part of a long but committed journey to a healthy weight. I’m 5’10”, and 56. I plan to be here with you all for the long haul. So far I am on track, 6 pounds the last week of Jan, another 2 lbs gone this week. YAY! To get there, I am doing about 1800 cal, moderate to low carbs, and exercise bike/weights, and sharing positive vibes and ideas with YOU ALL. I haven’t done “social” weight loss before, I never found a group that resonated, but you ladies really do.

I’ve already had one knee replaced and the other is in bad shape, plus a very sore heel (plantar fascitis, no doubt all related to decaying knee). I can’t wait to get back to walking for exercise, but for now I’m looking for ideas that don’t involve being on my feet much. I’m starting to do some leg lifts, arm weights, work with bands. Any ideas for video workouts would be appreciated).

So many of you have lost some much weight – Barbie, Katla, Caddi - big congrats and what an inspiration.

Karen from Maine –
    I’m new this month too. My sister in law in Bangor has been posting pictures of feet of snow – is it the same where you live?

Beth- LOL. You are probably dealing with plenty of snow too?

Judy – hope the meds work and you can get back to harp lessons!

Sylvia – wow! Glad you went to the ER and didn’t just assume it was another stone. As my old boss used to say, “assumption is the mother of all screw-ups”

Congrats to all who lost weight this week !

Cindy
    Southern Maryland

14386427.png