I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    I believe in Abundance and that there is an infinite amount of cheesecake in the Universe. I'm also reminded of the Law of Conservation of Cheesecake which states that cheesecake cannot be created or destroyed. For these reasons, and because I have no attachment to Material Things I'm not concerned with someone moving some cheesecake from one place to another, different place.

Fine, you eat the cheesecake out of the trash.

It's the only thing that popped into my head!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W00oxEa2v1M
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    besides the fact that throwing away food sets one up for a bad relationship with food and indicates slightly disordered thinking...but other then that, OP should be good to go ...

i think the op should have pre logged it first and then thought about it, but could it not also just show abit of control. save the calories for something else later?

control would be leaving it in the fridge, not eating it, and saving it for a day when OP wanted it.

throwing away perfectly good cheesecake because it is viewed as "bad" is, in my opinion, semi disordered eating.

Jeeezzzz :smiley: its cheesecake....he did not kill a cat:wink:

so throwing away perfectly good food is not indicative of a eating disorder???

Of course not.

so its perfectly normal to throw away food that has not spoiled just because one views it as "bad"...??

"normal" Hmm, not sure what is normal, but it is not reason to suspect an eating disorder

if you have to throw food away that has not spoiled because you think it is "bad" you either have an unhealthy relationship with food, or some form of eating disorder....

Oh please!

then why would you throw away food that has not spoiled???? Unless of course you view it as "bad" which in that case would indicate an unhealthy relationship with food..///

I honestly wonder if you are being serious. Having a relationship with food seems abnormal to me. It's food, not a date.

now you are just playing a semantics game...

so people with eating disorders don't have an unhealthy view of food????

you never answered the question ...why throw away non-spoiled food?????

I can't answer for anyone else, but if I threw away food it's because it p***ed me off. Probably picked me up late, or spent too much time looking at a biscuit last time we were together. I ain't got time for that in a relationship!!

now you are just being obtuse...

OK - you have no answer..you can just admit it..

I admit it. I don't know why normal people throw away food. Or why people throwing away food is not normal. Or why a piece of cheesecake that you had no chance of eating is so important to you. Perhaps we should explore that. Thinking about the cheesecake. How does that make you feel?

I feel bad for the poor cheesecake that never got the chance to fulfill its destiny of being a delicious treat for some lucky chap. Now it's off to a landfill in a plastic bag. And a co-worker of the OP was robbed of the opportunity to indulge in the sweet creamy goodness that another co-worker was so kind as to offer.

You make some good points. Co-workers will not enjoy the cheesecake. But, some lucky landfill rat will likely have a high ol' time with it. It's cool when things work out like that. It's like a garage sale - one's man trash is another man's (or rat's) treasure. B)
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    Hey RGv2, keep that tank top handy. im gonna wanna borrow it in 6-8 months.

Um......OK?

It's probably in the bottom of my hockey bag if you really want it.

In some primitive belief systems where Scarcity and Fear and Sin exist, The Bottom of RGv2's Hockey Bag is where people who throw away cheesecake are banished to for Eternity. Just saying.

Beautiful, just beautiful.
  • Th3Admiral
    Options
    besides the fact that throwing away food sets one up for a bad relationship with food and indicates slightly disordered thinking...but other then that, OP should be good to go ...

i think the op should have pre logged it first and then thought about it, but could it not also just show abit of control. save the calories for something else later?

control would be leaving it in the fridge, not eating it, and saving it for a day when OP wanted it.

throwing away perfectly good cheesecake because it is viewed as "bad" is, in my opinion, semi disordered eating.

Some people with eating disorders throw away food (as a measure to conceal their eating disorder, typically, by creating the illusion that they are consuming the food they buy/are given/make, BTW). OP threw away food, therefore he has an eating disorder.

People with depression experience sadness. Sometimes I am sad, therefore I have depression.

Please tell me you're trolling. :/

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Th3Admiral wrote: »

Some people with eating disorders throw away food (as a measure to conceal their eating disorder, typically, by creating the illusion that they are consuming the food they buy/are given/make, BTW). OP threw away food, therefore he has an eating disorder.

People with depression experience sadness. Sometimes I am sad, therefore I have depression.

I said indicative...never claimed OP was or was not
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I woulda been pissed if I saw a co-worker throw away cheesecake that I brought to work.
  • Th3Admiral
    Options
    Th3Admiral wrote: »

I said indicative...never claimed OP was or was not
    You either missed the point of my post entirely or chose to ignore it. But that's alright. ;)

The most basic definition of indicative is to show or demonstrate something. So lets follow the logic train. OP throws away cheesecake (food). You claim throwing away good is indicative (shows, demonstrates) an ED. What is the next logical step here?

You know, people with the non BED EDs also typically restrict calories and exercise. That doesn't mean those things are indicative of an ED.

You also seem to fundamentally misunderstand the primary motivating factor behind throwing away food for people with EDs. If two actions appear similar, it doesn't mean they are performed with the same purpose.
  • WayneBradt
    WayneBradt Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ut oh! More Cheesecake in the break room... :smile: I kid, have a nice weekend. Sincerely, OP
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I personally would not want some food that someone took and then decided to return. Bleargh!

That was my first thought when I read the posts from folks saying it should have been returned for someone else to take. No one in my office would have touched it after it had been separated from the original cake. Maybe I just work with a bunch of Germ Nazis. But the end result would have been the same, eventually somebody would have come along to tidy up the lunch room and binned it.

Good for you for exercising self-control, OP.

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    Food milestone yesterday. Mid afternoon, about that time hunger starts. Quiet office, I walk in the kitchen and someone put out a whole cheesecake on the counter to share with everyone. My instinct, grab some and I did. Walked back to my office, began logging it in MFP. Right before I was about to eat it I stopped an threw it in the trash. I'm sure for some this sounds simple, for me this was huge. One, it's cheesecake, two I have difficulty wasting food (probably from growing up without much of it) and three it was cheesecake. Kinda proud of this moment.

I'm totally with you on this one Wayne. You took the slice, was about to log it and came to your senses and threw it away. Who really gives a toss whether anyone else could have eaten it - the point is, you didn't and for that I applaud you.

Following the logic that there is no good or bad food, I can't see that anyone could say you threw away good food - you threw away food that was about to become part of past bad habits and that makes it good use of food in my book.

- better in the waste than on your waist - well done.

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    Hey RGv2, keep that tank top handy. im gonna wanna borrow it in 6-8 months.

Um......OK?

It's probably in the bottom of my hockey bag if you really want it.

In some primitive belief systems where Scarcity and Fear and Sin exist, The Bottom of RGv2's Hockey Bag is where people who throw away cheesecake are banished to for Eternity. Just saying.

LMAO
  • agraf01
    agraf01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job. I honestly don't understand the criticism. Anyone who says you threw away "perfectly good food" must have a limited understanding of nutrition, you did yourself and perhaps another office mate a service, considering all the negative effects a slice of cheesecake could have on someone. I personally would appreciate it if people would refrain from dumping the goodies they don't want at the office (usually because they don't want to consume all those calories themselves). GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    ut oh! More Cheesecake in the break room... :smile: I kid, have a nice weekend. Sincerely, OP

Instead of throwing it away, this time you threw the whole cake on the floor and danced on top of it in front of your co-workers, didn't you! Bwahahaha! You evil, evil person!

Have a nice weekend!
  • gimmecoffeeiv
    gimmecoffeeiv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Once you take a slice, it's yours. I have thrown away things too. GUILTY. I am sure you did not take like half the cheesecake or anything and throw it away. It's sometimes a hard decision because I usually really want whatever it is I have taken. Then when I get back to my desk I just go WHY did I DO that! I don't do it often. I just try to stay out of that kitchen. But sometimes I do. :s
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Don't listen to the "starving children in Africa" folks. Americans are becoming overfed yet nutritionally starving, and we don't need to export that mentality and our cheesecakes and processed foods. I grew up in a "clean your plate" house. Parents both grew up with food insecurity, so no wasting food. But I've gradually come to understand certain things don't actually count as "food". They're enjoyments, but my body doesn't need them to survive. The fact that you had yourself a piece and came up with the willpower not to eat it is tremendous!
  • agraf01
    agraf01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    DKG28 wrote: »
    Good for you! Don't listen to the "starving children in Africa" folks. Americans are becoming overfed yet nutritionally starving, and we don't need to export that mentality and our cheesecakes and processed foods. I grew up in a "clean your plate" house. Parents both grew up with food insecurity, so no wasting food. But I've gradually come to understand certain things don't actually count as "food". They're enjoyments, but my body doesn't need them to survive. The fact that you had yourself a piece and came up with the willpower not to eat it is tremendous!

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    agraf01 wrote: »
    Great job. I honestly don't understand the criticism. Anyone who says you threw away "perfectly good food" must have a limited understanding of nutrition, you did yourself and perhaps another office mate a service, considering all the negative effects a slice of cheesecake could have on someone. I personally would appreciate it if people would refrain from dumping the goodies they don't want at the office (usually because they don't want to consume all those calories themselves). GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Do you think that cheesecake should be made illegal by the government?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    agraf01 wrote: »

Do you think that cheesecake should be made illegal by the government?

If it's made with cottage cheese yes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!