February Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    A bonus at the end of my run today - the great blue herons are starting to nest. They build these huge nests in the tops of the trees near the river. No nests yet but they are in progress. Saw them flying over carrying reeds and then here just sitting in the tree.

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing the photo

• Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @shanaber what a great photo! Yes it seems Spring is underway….did we even have a winter at all?!?!? My daffodils starting blooming too.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @LoneWolfRunner I bet frozen eyelashes look cute on you. :wink:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

It would be lovely to not have my eyelashes freeze shut for a change.

LOL I'm just trying to picture this, the thought alone is making my eyes water.

shanaber wrote: »
    A bonus at the end of my run today - the great blue herons are starting to nest. They build these huge nests in the tops of the trees near the river. No nests yet but they are in progress. Saw them flying over carrying reeds and then here just sitting in the tree.

Beautiful. I love seeing pictures folks take while running, gives you a visual to where everyone lives.
  • kmewir76
    Options

exercise.png

Feb 1 - 4.67 mi (intervals)
    Feb 2 - 6.54 mi
    Feb 6 - 4.28 mi (intervals)

• JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Feb 1--- 5 miles
    Feb 2--- Rest day
    Feb 3--- 7 miles
    Feb 4--- 6 miles
    Feb 5--- 6 miles
    Feb 6--- 6 miles

Total: 30
    Goal: 170
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    2/1 = 6.5 miles
    2/3 = strength training
    2/4 = 6.5 miles
    2/5 = strength training
    2/6 = 6.5 miles
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow, awesome - pictures of Chevron Butterflies and blue herons - thanks for sharing those photos, @HonuNui and @shanaber !
    I didn't see anything on my run today. Apart from icy roads and being dark as the deepest night (which is kind of usual for after-work-running in winter), today there was also really dense fog, swallowing sounds and rendering my flashlights completely useless. I couldn't see people or things until they suddenly were right in front of me, that made for some fun times... It's those kind of runs during which I realise I read too many books with vampires, serial killers, and other creatures that lurk in the darkness >:)

1.2.2015 - 9 km
    4.2.2015 - 3.8 km
    6.2.2015 - 5.2 km
    18 km (of 100 km) done

exercise.png

• kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    I hit my goal of 25 miles last month, actually hit 27, so I will up it a little this month and go for 30.

2/4/2015 - 1.25mi
    2/5/2015 - 1.67mi
    2/6/2015 - 0.63
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    2/1 - 7.1
    2/4 - 3.6
    2/5 - 4.1 (a cold 29* over lunch when I ran. But the forecast this weekend is mid 70s!)
    2/6 - 3.8 (34* warmer than yesterday!)

exercise.png
  • ThatOneNerdyChick
    ThatOneNerdyChick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    Feb.1 - 3.12 miles
    Feb.2 - 3.23 miles
    Feb.3 - 3.1 miles
    Feb.5 - 4.00 miles
    Feb.6 - 3.5 miles
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for February

2/1 REST DAY
    2/2 6.2 miles - 6.2
    2/3 7.16 miles - 13.36
    2/4 REST DAY
    2/5 7 miles - 20.36
    2/6 6.2 miles - 26.56

exercise.png

• fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anything on my run today. Apart from icy roads and being dark as the deepest night (which is kind of usual for after-work-running in winter), today there was also really dense fog, swallowing sounds and rendering my flashlights completely useless. I couldn't see people or things until they suddenly were right in front of me, that made for some fun times... It's those kind of runs during which I realise I read too many books with vampires, serial killers, and other creatures that lurk in the darkness >:)
    @_nikkiwolf_ I get fog like that in summer and snowstorms like that now. I never imagined creepy things lurking around me before though. Thanks for that, my solo runs will never be the same ;)
    @HonuNui - Love the chevron butterflies! That's another beautiful thing I'd never see here.
    @shanaber - The herons in the treetops are spectacular! Whenever summer arrives I'll see them in my pond and river all the time, I rarely see them in the trees.
    @LoneWolfRunner - Where is this warm spell you speak of? My forecast predicts one 30 degree day next Tuesday and that's the only 'high' temp day in the next 2 weeks. BTW the frozen eyelash thing, so ready to be done with that.

_Date___ Miles
    Feb 1 ___17.3 __long first run to start February off right
    Feb 2 ___ 3.5 __8°F another snowstorm
    Feb 3 ___ 5.2 __5°F
    Feb 4 ___ 3.1 __24:41 no where near a record but happy with it just the same.
    Feb 5 ___ 1.4 __streak high winds and snow
    Feb 6 ___ 3.1 __

Month total= 33.6miles __116.4remaining

exercise.png

Current Streak: 166days = 1054.4miles

• tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Got a few more short runs in over the week, currently up to 12.6 miles. Heading out in a minute to clock up another 7.5 for my weekend long run :)

exercise.png
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    feb 6. 5k.
    21/100k mtd.
  • rebeccawimert
    rebeccawimert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! I've been using MFP for years and never knew there were forums! Of course I went straight to the running one for my first post. I absolutely loved looking at all the tickers and seeing the running goals. We specially this time of year. I'm in New England and it is just gross out right now. I'm training for the Boston Marathon so lots of weekly mileage ( and I'm really hungry)! A quick congrats to the few that I saw just ran or are planning to run a HM!! My Most favorite distance to race. I'm looking forward to keeping up with this group and all the awesome progress. Yay!!
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Got my 7.5 done this morning. Just short of a third the way through my goal.

exercise.png
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Another 2.3 miles today I know the .3 doesnt count :-)

exercise.png
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    mandster wrote: »
    Another 2.3 miles today I know the .3 doesnt count :-)

exercise.png

Why doesn't the .3 count??
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    2/1 = 6.5 miles
    2/3 = strength training
    2/4 = 6.5 miles
    2/5 = strength training
    2/6 = 6.5 miles
    2/7 = 5.5 miles

I don't get to the beautiful views on my runs as some of you, but I guess I'll share a piece of my happiness :)

49f1c37d-9e14-4033-8f32-8bdc8079c652_zps783078e1.jpg