Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Niki Cheek bones! Now there is a worthy goal. I had to go check in the mirror and mine seem to have gone missing! I suspect they are still there somewhere....

@Colleen Ditto too what Niki said about all those steps. Great job.

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm going to join you guys. Seriously losing stream and could use some support! I am 21 and in college. I have been engaged for a test and will be getting married on about a year and a half :smiley: My over all goal us to lose ~90lbs. I have already lost 8.
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Welcome, @Kenea993! Congratulations. on dropping 8lbs already. You're off to a great start. :smile:

Having a splendid day here in sunny Kansas. Got up at 6:45 and did my Miracle Morning routine (Day 34), cleaned the house, the laundry is almost done (need to finish putting it away), ran some errands, and figured out what to make for Sissy Night supper. I even had a big ol' salad for lunch!

We may hit 70 today (!), so I'm planning a walk in about an hour to hit my weekly workout goal.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just a quick pop-in.

Took gunner to the salon, went to the gym, and now I'm getting ready to head out to dinner with some friends and then we're going to see Billy Idol. Should be a fun night. :smile:

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: x/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT completed; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/60 JRP journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses

Exercise Goals: (week 1)
    Sun--shovel snow DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--PT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • mckelkel
    mckelkel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this looks like a lively thread so hoping I will get some motivation from you all!

My names Kali and I've spent all of my adult life overweight. Now I'm at a point where I really want to actually make per enact lifestyle changes but am finding this quite hard.

My 2 real goals are to eat clean (ie no processed rubbish in my meals and no junk food) and to do something active everyday. I have a personal trainer at the gym and weigh in with him every Wednesday. So my week tends to run weds-weds.
  • erynleigh
    erynleigh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I've been using MFP daily for 4 weeks (as of this coming Monday) and have lost about 13 pounds. I'm proud of my success, but have a long ways to go with over 100 pounds until I reach my goal weight. I'd love to become buddies and support each other on our journeys. Please feel free to add me.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @mountmary84‌ How'd the tasting go? That's really nice they included you in that. Don't worry about the dance, if you're already working on getting healthy and knowing your goal, just chip away at it little by little!

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ What did you do to your shoulder? Sounds like one of the same issues I have had with my shoulder. Hope the PT helps! Just make sure you do the at home exercises, they make all the difference in the world when you actually do them. I was horrible at it lol. I also have horrible posture, which is very bad on the shoulders. Hope it starts progressing!

AFM - My final crazy busy week is over. My middle school basketball team I coach won the city championship last night, second year in a row! So proud of my girls, it was definitely a challenge. We were supposed to be taking both teams down to see a Boston College vs Notre Dame game tomorrow at BC as we take the girls every year to a game, but we had to cancel as yet ANOTHER snow storm coming in. Between Sunday-Tuesday we are going to get 12-18". I don't mind snow, but I'm getting sick of it ruining my plans, and killing my paychecks. I guarantee we will have Monday off from school, if not Tuesday too. Also, at this rate we are never going to get outside for softball! Try-outs start in 6 weeks, which is crazy to think!

I'm not sure if I wrote in here last week that I joined a transformation challenge at the place I do kickboxing at, but this was the first full week of it. I did pretty good with my exercise, so so with my nutrition. I really need to get on track with that. I was sick in the beginning of the week and barely at all, but then the end of the week its like I couldn't eat enough and was constantly hungry. Low and behold today began my TOM unexpectedly, so I'm sure that's a good reason for that.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Erin
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The tasting went fine. I have no idea what to put for calories though with one taste of this and a taste of that. It probably wasn't too awful, so I will just chalk it up to "life". We were delighted the "kids" included us in their plans of planning their wedding. The venue is lovely and the wedding in September so it should be beautiful. They hope to be married outside by the lake...with a sailboat bobbing casually in the background... there will be 2 pastors, only one of whom I know. It should prove interesting. His first wedding was 26 years ago and his first wife planned that and it was so much lower key, in the church etc. As the mother of the groom I will just wear beige and sit down and be quiet...well, maybe.
    B
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    It's getting very late, so I will just do a quick report of my February challenge goals. Today was grandson's 18th birthday. I did well until cake time. Like Barb, I will chalk it up to life. I did get a good walk, and I did some pedaling, too, so I came pretty close to my calorie goal.
    Calories 5/7
    Water 7/7
    Exercise 6/7
    Resistance bands 3/12
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    mckelkel wrote: »
    Hi everyone, this looks like a lively thread so hoping I will get some motivation from you all!

My names Kali and I've spent all of my adult life overweight. Now I'm at a point where I really want to actually make per enact lifestyle changes but am finding this quite hard.

My 2 real goals are to eat clean (ie no processed rubbish in my meals and no junk food) and to do something active everyday. I have a personal trainer at the gym and weigh in with him every Wednesday. So my week tends to run weds-weds.
    erynleigh wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I've been using MFP daily for 4 weeks (as of this coming Monday) and have lost about 13 pounds. I'm proud of my success, but have a long ways to go with over 100 pounds until I reach my goal weight. I'd love to become buddies and support each other on our journeys. Please feel free to add me.

Welcome @mckelkel and @erynleigh to this thread. I hope you stop back often now that you have joined into our group. Sometimes you will find this group moves very fast as there are over 3-dozen active posters who post at least one time a week, or more. We are always happy to support one another by sharing and encouraging on this thread.

Many of us partiipate in the 'challenges' we set for ourselves. One that is a standard is keeping within 100 calories of our allotment on our food log. This month we have a personal exercise challenge to ourselves to complete as much physically as we said we would do. Please join in as that is one way to be accountable.

Also, welcome to any previous new posters (newbies, newlings) that I have not posted to, but another 'member' welcomed.

AFM - Sunday Share: Today was the second time since I got sick in late December that I have slept the night through and therefore awakened at a more optimal time to get my day started. Didn't cough and hack my way through the night laying down ... still a bit wheezy from that Bronchitis but so much more energetic and my peek flows are rising to where their normal is.

I'm doing well with my calories and exercises and am really looking forward to Monday Check-in.

@grandmakaye - congratulations to your grandson turning 18. You are dong so well on your challenge ... a role model for me.

@mountmary - glad the tasting went well. Beige? Only if that is pretty on you. When my son got married I wore pale pink. (LOL)

@ereilly - Transformation challenge, kickboxing ... way to go! I might do something like that after I lose more weight, but for us 70's crowd.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
    Follow-through
    Niki
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Karen~Billy Idol, oh that brings back memories! :smile: Billy Idol and Adam Ant was one of my first concerts, LOL. Hope you had a fun night.

@colleen40‌~Congrats on reaching over 10k steps!

@karenleona‌~have a great time with the grands!

@mountmary84‌ (barb)~How fun taste-testing foods for your DS upcoming wedding, hope it wasn't too calorie heavy.

Welcome to the newlings that have stopped by, hope you'll stick with us.

AFM~Got in a chilly 3-mile walk yesterday morning with friends, the sun was out but the wind sure made it chilly. Officially, on the scale I was down 1.2# this week--less than I wanted but I'll take it. Did some shopping yesterday, oh how Bed Bath and Beyond can be a dangerous store! :blush: Just put vegetable soup in the slow cooker (hard to stuff 10oz of spinach in a 6-quart slow cooker); pork tenderloin stir fry is planned for dinner later.

February all-in Challenge:

Carbless Mornings: 7/28
    Dairy Free: 6/28 (Goal is 14/28 days)

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Walk w friend DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer DONE!
    Wednesday~Walk w friend DONE!
    Thursday~Trainer DONE!
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Walk w friend DONE!
    Sunday~Trainer
  • Wiccandothis
    Wiccandothis Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tracy and I'm new to the community boards. I have 100+ lbs to lose and have lost almost 10 the past month or so. I have a hard time resisting the sweets and am trying to eat as clean as I can...processed foods are just so much quicker to put together though :\ I am open to any tips or pointers and needs mfp friends to help keep me accountable and in check. I try to exercise art least 4x a week, but it Doesn't always happen as planned. I have to learn to put me first and not the couch, lol. My motivation and energy seem to have disappeared lately...
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Autism Sunday.
    Autism Sunday was first held in 2002 during Autism Awareness Year in the United Kingdom. It was initiated by parents and carers Ivan Corea and Charika Corea, founders of the Autism Awareness Campaign UK. Parents of Charin, a teenager with autism spectrum disorder and a communication disorder, they urged leaders of religious organisations, churches, community groups and world leaders around the globe to speak up for people with autism and Asperger syndrome. What started as a small acorn of an idea in their home has turned into a huge international event. Autism Sunday is now celebrated across the world in many countries.
    The first ever service for Autism Sunday was held at St.Paul's Cathedral, London in 2002 Autism Awareness Year, UK, initiated by parents and carers Ivan Corea and Charika Corea.
    The first service for autism was held in February 2002 at St Paul's Cathedral in London. Former Education Ministers, peers from the House of Lords, celebrities, writers, broadcasters, and the media joined children and people at St Paul's Cathedral to pray for children and adults with autism and Asperger syndrome, as well as their parents and caregivers.
    In 2008, the first Early Day Motion on Autism Sunday was tabled in the House of Commons, in the Palace of Westminster. The motion, EDM 874, was sponsored by David Drew MP and signed by 71 members of Parliament. It calls on the Government to work with all faith communities in order to reach out to parents, caregivers and people with autism and Asperger syndrome in local communities; and urges church leaders and community groups of all denominations to engage with people with autism and Asperger syndrome. The British Prime Minister, David Cameron extended his personal support for Autism Sunday.

Autism Sunday

“None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell

Tom
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today is suppose to be another beautiful day. Had a great day yesterday at the dog park! It was my puppies first time and they weren't very happy with the other dogs trying to say hello, but they liked the obstacles and running around with me and the walk along the walking paths. Today I plan to do day 1 of the Couch to 5k challenge. I have convinced my Fiance and mother to join me for a Color Run in April and a Fun Mudder in June. I've never run a 5k before, but these look like lots of fun.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone, 45 yrs. married, mother of 4. I have been overweight half of my life now and like many of you at my heaviest. I am at 341 lbs and way tooo young to not be able to play with my kids. I have a son 23( with a 17 month son) my first grandchild, a daughter 22(who is 3 months pregnant) a daughter 11 and 8 yr. old son. So as you can see I still need to be running around back and forth. I have the strength to start and maintain this jurney I just need to keep motivated, I find that is my weakest link. I get bored, so here I am looking for motivational buddies. I just started this past Tuesday and are taking a different approach than last time I was here. Yes like many of you I also was here lost 40lbs in two months and gained it all back. It was intense, dieted (not healthy) worked out everday two even tree times a day and lost the weight fast but got drained. Now I want to take it slow and steady. Could use all the support I can get :)
    11189239.png
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Happy Sunday! I hope today is finding you working on your goals and relaxing.
    Welcome to all the newbies.
    @Kelmomof3 - I do plan my lunches and dinners on Sunday. I also do any food prep that is possible to do ahead of time then. It has helped me tremendously. Stuff still comes up, and changes from the plan are fine, but at least if I have a starting point every day, it works more smoothly.
    @Lori - taking time to think about things is so important, and it sounds like you are doing that. Also, finding the value in what you have. I wish the best for you.
    @Barb (MountMary)- food tasting sounds like it was fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

AFM
    Didn't get to gym...in the middle of a snow storm and my lifting buddy called it off. I did go spinning as planned, but didn't get to lift. :(
    Most things are humming along. I hope the same for all of you.
    Take care,
    Perfect effort and balance,
    Mara
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    A quick check in...not doing great on my calorie goal last week. Eek. I did great on exercise, though. Got some lifting in and walked a 5K with my husband and two kids on Saturday. So proud of my kids...it was the first time that either of them walked/ran an entire 5K. No wagon! My upper body and arms are so glad to not have pulled them around, and they were pretty proud of themselves. Highlight moment was about 1.5 miles in...my son, very determined says, "I'm going to finish this baby!" He's 6 and adorable. :)

February:
    Calorie Goal- 0/7
    Exercise Goal- 3/3
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-180/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 150/165
    Back- 150/165
    Triceps- 80/90
    Biceps- 80/90
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Some pictures from today's walk! If I did this right that is....so2y0fb4o6oo.jpg
    ciqk6bd2xs7b.jpg
    4rsb4gfm143g.jpg
    pv9p2cvduf3d.jpg
    s06x27q4gxly.jpg
    54wwg92lwhzk.jpg
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great pics. :)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    OMG. There are green places! Wisconsin is white and cold today.
    Love the picks, thank you for giving me hope.
    Lori <3
    Living life gratified.