Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Haley........ you have a great time with your friend! My college roommates are still my best
    friends 40 years later! We get together a couple times ayear and catch up on each other's
    lives.

Laurie and Skinny........ I admire committed teachers! I was an elem teacher for 27 years.
    I retired in 01 so I am know education has changed so much in the past few years that I
    would not be comfortable in the classroom now! Keep up the good teaching!

Helena...........go for that massage! I have only had a couple but it was so relaxing last time
    I almost went to sleep!

For all who are having storms tonight , take care and be safe.
    Prayers For all having medical issues and personal problems,

I did get in another walk today! It was great to be able to get outdoors a couple days.
    Forcast iis for more winter next week ugh!

Healthy eating!
    Camille
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - had some dark choc peanuts and it's not Sunday. I did stay under calories barely. Only because I pushed my Mom around rehab center again and then did some more nursery shopping. I bought two citrus trees.

Truth - felling a little discouraged. My scale hasn't moved an ounce for week. Ugh!!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good mornign guys. Just wanted to stop by real quick and let you know I am still reading but just havent been posting this week. I had a bad case of the grumpies most of the week. Got mostly past it by yesterday but then somehow pulled a muscle in my right shoulder blade area so now I am all gimpy instead of grumpy. I wont be able to post for a day or two. We are going to visit some of hubbies family in Idaho this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    Bump......at war with a stomach virus, feeling a tiny bit better today . I will update soon :)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Good morning -

It's raining like crazy here, but I made it to the airport, through security (including a delightful pat down) and am at the gate. I fully expect our take off to be delayed due to a band of severe thunderstorms moving through the area right when I'm scheduled to leave. That's fine with me given all the stories lately of passenger injuries due to unexpected down drafts. Better safe than sorry is a good motto when flying!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I'll catch up on Monday.

Exercise Goals:

Monday- Cardio/Weights/Stretch class DONE
    Tuesday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch class DONE
    Wednesday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch class DONE
    Thursday - Pilates class DONE
    Friday - Rest day
    Saturday - Lots of walking in Boston
    Sunday - Some walking/Rest Day
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & TGIF – I am SO happy that Friday is here!!! :bigsmile:

@Tigredia~I’m all too familiar with the stubborn scale. If you are tracking everything, take a look at your journal and see if you were lacking something for the week such as not enough water or protein, or too much of something like sugar, sodium or fat. All of these things can affect losses.

@Tammy~I think a fair amount of us have had similar weeks. Enjoy your trip and time with family.

@Haley~Have a great trip this weekend, it’s always fun to see old friends and catch up.

@Karen~I wish the same protein count for Jim Beam – and that it were calorie free! :wink: :laugh: Glad you made it the gym, enjoy the fundraiser.

@Helena~I get massages as well, but I take everything off – I’m not shy. :laugh: They cover you up completely with a sheet and only expose the body part they are working on. I love to get massages, so tranquil and I come out feeling so refreshed – reminds me, I’m overdue for a massage!

@Kris~Great to see you!

@L2T~Safe travels & enjoy Boston!

AFM~Well we know exercise was abysmal this week. I didn’t go to the gym yesterday but did go for a short walk outside when I got home and then played hide-n-seek with Zoe, she loves that game - she’s so sneaky & quiet she scares me every time.:tongue: My trainer texted late last night and we’re meeting for a session this afternoon. As for the weekend – tomorrow I’ll get to the gym early, then have hair appointment in afternoon and since I’ll be on their side of the world (yep, I drive an hour to get my hair done) I’ll meet up with my parents afterwards for a late lunch. Finally, I’m realizing vacation is three weeks away and I still don’t have a swimsuit or shorts – going to have to bite the bullet and go shopping for that, hopefully shorts are starting to show up in stores.

Have a terrific Friday!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning and I’m glad it is Friday also!

Karen & Kelley- If Jameson Whiskey had protein I would be in trouble.:laugh:

GHDC= 2.27 miles 20 days in a row of > 2 miles.

“Don’t eat anything your great-great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” ~Michael Pollan

Tom
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness - I went back to my Gilad routine this week. I had no problem getting back into it. The 3 different cardio workouts were fine, hips, thighs and buns were fine, abs was ok but a bit tiring. Then it came to weight lifting...OH MY GOODNESS... that was rough. I was really feeling it and tiring out after a few reps. I stuck with it but had a few choice profanities again for Gilad.

Good news: The plumbers will be finished after today!!! They have a few small things to do to finish up and they are done. I imagine they will be here only part of the day today.

We also finally heard from the insurance company and they set up an appointment for an adjuster to come survey the damage next Tuesday morning. I was a bit annoyed when the woman called because she kept saying to investigate a "possible slab leak". :noway: Possible?!!!! UHM lady, it definitely happened. I have been living in hell all week. Naturally, I felt the need to kindly remind her that it definitely happened. She did not respond when I told her the plumbers have been in my house since Monday and we saved there faulty piping and have plenty of pictures as well as video to prove it. I also added if they had responded to our claim right away instead of waiting a week to respond they could have had an adjuster out sooner to survey the damage and work as it was being done. :noway: She followed with that by saying "OK. Well we will see you Tuesday morning to investigate a possible slab leak." :angry:

As far as repairs go, we decided we are going to wait to see what insurance may cover before deciding what kind of flooring we are going to get and what company we will go with. Ideally, I would like to get my hardwood floors if we can afford it. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am not overly concerned about what type of flooring we will put in the bathroom. We do plan on having that bathroom completely gutted and redone in the next few years like we did with the master bath. I would be fine with something cheap and functional for the time being.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Temps near 50. I ended up setting up a table in the garage and planted the rest of my seeds. It was a great way to spend the day. My only problem though was my extra pots were in my yard in the shed. To get to it I had to put on my boots, climb over ice, dig out the gate that leads from the veggie garden area to the rest of the yard, trample through the snow (It was deep and I sunk knee deep in some points), get the pots and make several trips back to the garage. I tried doing it all in one trip but it was too challenging with trying to re-step in my footprints and sinking. But by doing that, I passed my Fitbit goal for the day! I have to admit it was difficult at some points and my breathing got heavier. But I enjoyed it. It was a nice change from sitting on the couch trying to entertain myself while the plumbers do their work. I was going stir crazy just sitting around house bound all week.

Helena - I have never actually had a full body massage. An ex gave me a gift certificate for a massage and I ended up never going because I was too embarrassed to have to take off my clothes and get under a towel for it. A friend of mine told me you need to be complete undressed and lay on a table under a towel. But that was for the place I had the gift certificate for. I am not sure if each place is different.

p1xyn1xy - Glad to hear you had a day to yourself. Aren't days like that the best?

Kbeatty - Welcome. Sounds like you have a good plan going with your eating. Best of luck to you on reaching your goals! :flowerforyou:

Susan - That has happened to me before too. It went through and showed it posted but when I refreshed to see if anyone else posted my post was gone. I hate when that happens.

Tanya - Congrats on the protein intake. That is fantastic!

Skinny - I certainly will let you know.

toomanireason - I hope you feel better soon.

Lives - Hope you have a safe and turbulence free flight. Enjoy your trip!

Kah - That is so cute that Zoe plays hide and seek with you. I used to do that with my dogs all the time. They loved it. My cats don't play though.

Glad to hear you will get a session in with your trainer after all!
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope people are getting ready for a restful weekend.

Not much to report, but I did donate blood yesterday, and found out that my systolic blood pressure has dropped 26 points since the last time I donated in November. It was never dangerously high, but it's nice to be well within the normal range now and seeing differences.

I'm a bit worried however that yesterday's blood donation will mess with my workout today (I had planned to do an hour of Zumba and my final 7th week workout for 5k training) but I suppose the only way to find out is to try it..

Happy Friday!
  • humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!
    Today is a busy day for me........ hubby works away from home and comes in on weekends so I tend to neglect
    everything thru the week and scramble to get caught up before he gets here!
    Hope everyine is having a great day and storms didn't damage anyone's property last night. We had wind
    and thunder but nothing here like they said possible! Today is sunny.....not as warm as yesterday but nice , still windy.

Rain...... good for you on your blood donation! and the drop in bp! You have had quite a week with all the exams so enjoy
    your weekend!

JNettie......... you have a relaxing weekend too after all the stresses at your house this week! I wish I was a gardener
    I can hardly keep anything alive! I always plan to do some plants and then I let them thirst to death most of the time!

L2T.......... have a safe trip and a wonderful visit with your daughter! My daughter lives near right now and is
    talking about moving a few hrs away..... breaks my heart but I guess I can't do a thing about it. Enjoy your time!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope people are getting ready for a restful weekend.

Not much to report, but I did donate blood yesterday, and found out that my systolic blood pressure has dropped 26 points since the last time I donated in November. It was never dangerously high, but it's nice to be well within the normal range now and seeing differences.

I'm a bit worried however that yesterday's blood donation will mess with my workout today (I had planned to do an hour of Zumba and my final 7th week workout for 5k training) but I suppose the only way to find out is to try it..

Happy Friday!

I donate blood regularly, and you will have a lower blood oxygen level for a day or 2, so may get winded more quickly than usual. I would suggest you just plan to go a bit slower. I usually don't run the day after I donate, but if I do it's at a really slow pace or at short intervals.

Also, eat a bit more b/c your body will burn about 650 additional calories in the 48 hours following blood donation as it works to replace the cells.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

No time for personals today, but hope everyone is doing well. I'll be going to my first Pilates class today and am looking forward to seeing what it's all about. After 3 days of Cardio/Weights/Stretch, I have quite a few sore muscles that should benefit from the class.

you might be sore after pilates.....first time i did it i could barely walk for 2 days!! Enjoy your time with your daughter!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: It’s been a good week getting back to normal after being sick. Sunday was an awesome 4 ½ mile walk and enjoying our 80 degree weather. Monday was the trainer who kicked my butt. Tuesday rest. Wednesday thru Friday gym doing cardio on the elliptical and treadmill. Cyrus has baseball practice from 9-12 tomorrow so I’m thinking a nice long walk outside. Good week for fitness and I feel good.

I did personals and I know I posted, but for some reason it never showed up. I’m a few days behind, but caught up because I have been following everyone this week so here's quite a few personals. Of course, I’m not deleting this Word page until I see my personals to you guys!!! LOL!!!

@ Robin – You know you’re in my thoughts and prayers. Your situation just stinks. I hate that answers can’t be found or you can’t be healed 100%. I just can’t imagine what you’ve been going through, but I know the positive impact you’ve made on me and starting this group who has gathered some amazing folks. Hang in there! I wish I was nearby to give you a big hug and let you cry on my shoulder.

@ Tanya – Massages. . . love them! Well, for the most part. I like the feel good ones not the ones that they knead and beat you to death. Some people like the serious pressure, but not me. I’m a wuss!! Glad you enjoyed it.

@ KarenL – Walking in the wind and rain? Now that’s dedication. I’m a wimp! A little wind and definitely no rain you’ll not see me out there. I’m really a weather snob now that I live in Las Vegas where it’s sunny 95% of the time. So spoiled! I also saw your other post about eating 2 days in one. This was me on Valentine’s Day eating away having my pity party. Shame on us! I won’t do that again anytime soon. You either!!!

@ Lula – You’ll love the Color Run! My son and I do one ever year around the Las Vegas Motor Speedway in October. We have a blast!! It’s really all walks of life and normally lots of kids so there’s a TON of folks walking more than running. I try to do a little of both. Just make sure to keep your mouth shut when going through the color stations. Plus, you’ll be washing color out of every crevice imaginable. LOL!!

@ Laurie – So glad to read your dad was able to come home and more importantly you’re getting back to your normal self. Hopefully, this means climbing tonight too. I know how much you love it. Regarding the diabetes, I guess that’s been my underlying decision as well. While all of my numbers are good (minus the weight), we do have adult onset diabetes in my family. I’m just afraid it’s a matter of time if I don’t take control. So far I’m OK, but what am I waiting for? I totally understand.

@ Karen – Yes, Mandalay Bay is an awesome property and so big. I’m not sure about Red Square, but I’ll have to check it out. I know they have the frozen place where they have hundreds of vodka’s. I guess they give you a parka because it’s literally below freezing temps like you’re in Russia. LOL!!

@ Hayley – I’ve never had to battle depression. I’ve got a few friends who battle various forms and I’m always so thankful it hasn’t happened to me, but always a little sad for them too. While I get down in the dumps, I know it’s nothing compared to the down they feel. I can’t say I understand because I don’t, but do know I will be there to support in any way I can. I’m glad you work closely with your doctor to find the right meds and dosages. It’s so important finding the right balance. Hugs to you!

@ L2T – Thanks for the kind words. I still get a bit frustrated. I exercise, but the weight just isn’t moving. I think I need to really start pushing the HR and perhaps that will kick start things. I keep thinking that I move 5 days a week isn’t that enough? For some reason, it doesn’t seem to be the right type of exercise. I need to keep playing with it I guess. I keep waiting for that Onederland post. I know it’s coming soon!!!! Keep fighting!!! Also, have a GREAT weekend with your daughter. Enjoy Boston. Eat good food, but walk a ton!!!

@ Nettie – Girl, this sucks!!! Your plumbing just kept getting worst. HUGS girlfriend!!! Of course, I read your later post and it sounds like the plumber has been OK to deal with just not the mess. Keeping my fingers crossed the insurance adjustors do the right thing. It should be covered 100%.

@ Fit Bit Users – How do I add people? I know Tom and RobinB shared their info, but how do I add friends? I only have 2 including Kelly and they connected to me. I’m not really sure to be honest.

@ Rain – You rock!!! Late night studying and you grabbed an applesauce cup – GREAT choice!!! So you had a rough following day. It's behind you and make today count!

@ Kelly – I’m sorry Monday’s event has made the rest of the week funky. Any way you can chat with your boss and tell him “when you did this, it made me feel like this. . .” Go all Dr. Phil on him. LOL!!! You’ve been doing this too long and with them to have to put up with funky stuff like that. Loved that you snuggled with Zoe and napped. Sometimes we just need those moments. 21 days, 21 days, 21 days and you’re off to PANAMA!!!!

@ Ushkii – I think that’s wonderful for your son. I have quite a few friends who are missionaries serving in Russia, Thailand, Africa, etc. .. My parents have gone down to Honduras twice to help build a local hospital. This will make a huge impact on his life that’s for sure and I’m sure you’re very proud.

@ Hansea – How did the first night shift go at the new location?

@ Camille – No worries on the personals. People do what they can do. The important thing is logging your food and checking in with us. Plus, telling us you ate that bag of chips. Shame on you!!! Lord knows I’ve eaten plenty after having such a good day. Darn salt!! Great walking though.

@ Al – Thanks for sharing. It’s so sad for so many of us who battle this journey that people have to take such drastic measures. Is he healthy now? Hopefully, you can both continue to learn from each other.

@ Jacquie – Another chocolate lover? There’s a few of us on here. I’ve really, really worked hard at controlling it by allowing myself to savor it. I’ll allocate 2 Dove Dark Chocolate Promise Squares and eat them as slowly as possible. I know some people can’t even have it in their house, but I find if I have a “little” something I don’t feel so deprived. It’s all about balance. Right??!!!

@ Kris – Girl, I miss you!!!! Even if you can’t do personals, catch us up on life!!!
  • karenleona
    Options
    I'm with you, unfortunately:( I had a stroke in August of 2011 and I've steadily gained weight until now. Mobility is an issue for me. I have a paralyzed left arm and walk with a can very slowly. My exercise is limited to very slow walking and and low impact exercise. I'm down since Christmas. My goal is to be down 100 by the end of October for a cruise that my family is going on. My weight loss is going to be lost by mainly food intake at this point and I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on that right now .

yikes...you were so young to have a stroke!! Congratulations on coming so far! Looked at you page and your boys are ADORABLE!!
    With your determination i am sure you will reach your goal for thee cruise!
  • karenleona
    Options
    may have to be on this site all day to stay out of the kitchen......i am losing the battle with food lately
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So it's Fitness Friday. Haven't really got a good handle on it yet. I am really focused on the eating right now, here in the beginning. I am told that successful weight loss is 20% exercise, and 80% diet. Not sure who told me that or if it's true, but I know personally from past experience that I am more successful losing on plain dieting rather than plain exercise. So I don't stress so much if I lag in the exercise department, as long as I'm eating at a deficit and healthfully.

Winter is really hard for me when it comes to exercise. I work outside as a mail carrier (I don't walk my route, I'm in and out of the car upwards of 60 times a day, and short bursts of walking in between. On days I work, I have no problem making my 10,000 steps. So when I'm finished for the day, the last thing I want to do is take a long walk outside lol. I do go to physio, which is partly for my back and hip pain, and partly for weight loss... I get the best of both worlds. But winter seems to be the time when I only get my butt in there 2 days a week, when I really need a third day. I've told myself that March, April and May are the months that I will commit to 3 days a week, every week. After that, I am able to get a lot more exercise outside in the nicer weather.

At home right now I am doing 30 pushups a day, and doing a month long squat challenge from another thread. Committing to a thread is helping me do the work and be accountable for it. I have fitness apps where I can choose a workout, but am lacking the motivation right now to do one 2 or 3 days a week that I set out to do after the holidays.

Spring, summer and fall are the easiest times for me to get a lot of activity in. I love hiking, and have found groups to do 10-20km hikes on weekends. I also geocache (check out geocaching.com) This has been my 'sport' since 2006. It's a kind of high tech treasure hunt with a GPS to locate hidden containers all over the world. There are hundreds of thousands hidden in Canada and the US alone. I like to take a hike, walk in the woods, canoe ride or a climb up a tree to find these geocaches. Tons of fun and lots of exercise at the same time.

I'm off to find some new recipes for next week. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information about food. I have been staying under calories, maybe to much. I'm not sure if I believe in the starvation mood. But maybe I should. I just seem to do better not eating. I think I might be afraid I might eat to much. I might have to schedule meals.

I spent 5 hours outside watering, fertilizing and planting. It's hard to figure how many calories I burned. I'm playing Bunco tonight. Lots of up and down from chairs. This is another one that will be hard to figure. If in doubt, I usually just take time spent as slow walk, 2mph.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the NEWBIES! I see there are a lot for me to greet! I am so grad you have joined this thread for it will enhance your personal journey so much! You can participate on this thread as much or as little as you like but I suggest you come and read every day and post how your day had gone - food and exercise and mood wise. It will help you make friend and bolster your strength for completing the day and going into the next day. Again - welcome.

No personals but heck I'll second Netties - and Susans - they did a great job on catching up on everyone to date and I echo their stentiments exactly.

Thanks for all the kind words directed to me. AFM - I did have a nice time with my friends. Yesterday did bring a snowstorm that quickly melted away, and also brought more troubles for me. My whole face and throat are now swollen up like I have the mumps. So I have added a third appointment to my schedule next week. I see doctors Monday, TUesday and Weds. :grumble: Such is life. Bear with me. I do feel so lousy I am going to excuse myself from this thread until all these appts are completed and I feel better and can communicate better. My tongue situation was not solved by grinding the molar down. The tooth is still aggravating the tongue wound. I am still miserably in pain. Forgive me all for pulling back like this. I hope if there is a roll-over during this time, someone will handle it. You are an accomplished and well functioning group on your own. I trust you can do it on your own. I thank you in advance. I will be back after next Thursday.

Mow- Mow - It was wonderderful to see you on here!!!!! Don't be such a stranger!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Good heaven's I'm TIRED! I don't ever seem to have time to sit down, but that has GOT to change. I can tell I've gained weight and my job makes me feel every pound when we're as busy as we have been. I REFUSE to have to go back to wearing larger clothes and i'm fed up with my back, knees, and feet hurting every night!

So, I met someone at work. He's one of the division managers (not mine). We've been out a handful of times and are headed out again tonight. He's also coming to church with me Sunday, which I LOVE. I ran home to shower quick and change my clothes (and put on more makeup than just eye liner and mascara which is as much trouble as I bother with for work) and he'll be here in a little over an hour to pick me up. It's actually working out great, I let him know I was NOT looking for anything long term/permanent so we've just been having fun and not worrying about what comes next.

Things SHOULD ease up a bit after next week. It will hopefully be my last week of working 9-10 hour days cleaning up the mess my replacement made while I was gone. I can just about see the light at the end of this tunnel. Once work eases up and my one bible study ends I'll have a LOT more free time each night, it's been nice being more social (than I have ever been in my life), but I'm exhausted and need to ease up a bit. I way over stretched myself this time, I hardly ever have time to even cook anymore.. other than to toss some pasta into a bowl and slop some spaghetti sauce on top.

I did catch up on this whole thread, and like Robin said, no sense in repeating EVERYTHING that Netties and Susan so eloquently said already. :D

Missed you guys and glad to catch up on how everyone is doing!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Well, my trainer and were finally able to get together for a session - and it was great. I felt so good afterwards that I came home, moved the fridge and cleaned underneath/behind it like I've been meaning to for weeks. I can finally check that off of my list! :laugh: Anyway, instead of 2-3 sets of a circuit like we usually do we just did one set of double the circuit and then spent a lot of time with the battle ropes and kettle bells doing some different things. I love the battle ropes, I don't know what it is when women use those though but men just stop what they're doing and watch (not that I mind). :huh:

@Tanya~You're going about this the right way. Its best to work on one thing, get it down and then start working on other aspects. Yes, weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise so its good to get your food and diet under control - once you're down to a routine everything else will start to fall into place.

@Robin~I'm sorry you've come down with another ailment, bless your heart. Hang in there, we'll be here when you can venture back. Good luck with all of your appointments - sending you virtual hugs! :flowerforyou: