Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @texasmom2013‌ your pics look great! I'm jealous, I'm stuck in snow right now! I want to go snowshoeing but its so cold after the storms I don't want to go outside.

AFM - stuck in yet another weekend snow storm. Shoveled the driveway this morning when it stopped for a few hours so my mom could get back in from church ok. The snow has picked up again now and coming down pretty hard. School was already called off for tomorrow. Second Monday off in a row, and the week before we had Tuesday and Wednesday off. I've been pretty lazy today. I did some stuff earlier but then just hung out watching tv movies and I ended up sleeping on the couch for half the afternoon. Doubt I will get to the gym tomorrow, but I will at least be out there shoveling I'm sure.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @texasmom As another person stuck in winter those pics look great! As Lori said "green places". At least we didn't get snow like you did @reilly31. Merely, freezing drizzle at our house. Bleh.

Darned near blew my calories today, but came up with a light supper that kept me within the 100 calorie margin of error. Whew! I suspect DH will be grazing later though, so I will have to be careful, drink lots of water now etc.

@Hansea I love your son's comment! How cute. I think we should all adopt that attitude to "finish this baby".
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!! Pretty decent day at work but not as good as it could have been. A customer who we did a design house call for finally came in a month after their presentation ready to drop $12,000 on new furniture. But they didn’t qualify for as much credit as they wanted and had to go back home and think about what they wanted to do. They have the money, they just need to give it to me! I’m hopeful it will happen tomorrow or they lose their free delivery offer. >:)

Calories were way up today. I was hungry after church and knew we would be busy so I stopped at Burger King and got some lunch. Which of course blew my plan since hubby picked up Subway for dinner. Can we say sodium overload??? Part of me wants to run in and get on the treadmill and the other part wants to go to sleep. At least I was down this morning when I weighed. :p

@texasmom2013, the pics are lovely!! I’m so needing to get out in the sunshine and do some walking!! B)

@erielly311, when I want to gripe about the weather and being cold, I will think of you. I hope you thaw out soon!! <3

To all the newlings, welcome!! Post often so we can get to know you.

Sunday Share: My name is Teresa and I live in Georgia. Go Dawgs!! As you might have guessed from above, I sell furniture. I’ve been a sales manager for over 3 years now and most days I love my job! I’ve been struggling with my weight most of my life and I’m very determined (in spite of Burger King :# ) to get it off this year and look and feel better. My sweet husband is 23 years older than me and I really want to be able to take care of him and not have him take care of me.

February Challenge:
    Not within a 100 calories: 3/28
    Fitbit miles: 20.75/75.0

Motto: Fit for 50!!
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow, I miss logging in for one day and the thread explodes! Hi everybody!

I'm about to go put my son to bed, but I just had to drop in and say...

217.6, OH, YEAH! SUCK IT, BABY WEIGHT!!! HA!!!!

That's 32.4 pounds gone forever, from a high of 250. Next goal is One-derland! I'm ready to see that number on the scale start with a 1. :) Anniversary is in July, and I want to wear my wedding dress; I've got 27 pounds to go to wedding weight, but honestly as long as I break 200 I'll be happy. :)
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    @texasmon2013 looks like a great place to walk! Great Pictures.

@navallez you are right to plan to go slower. You need to retrain your mind and body. They say 1 to 2 lbs a week is the way to lose and keep it off. You need to think of this not as a diet but as a lifestyle change. I found that the first few weeks I mostly worked on changing my eating habits, with light exercise. Then I added in more exercise as I began to lose. I've lost 31 lbs over the last 3 months, which included Thanksgiving, Christmas, a cruise and company for several weeks.

@kenea993 keep up the good work.

@erynleigh this is a great thread, come back often for encouragement and ideas.

@mckelkel great goals!

@tra12378 sometimes nothing will take the place of sweets...can you just do like one a day? I find Weight Watchers or Healthy Choice Ice Cream Fudge bars are great. (100 calories per bar) I also get a bag of Dove chocolate and try to eat just one a day. I have to be really careful though because once I start it's hard not to eat more than one. Good luck!

@mountmary84 I am in you boat tonight. I have no idea how many calories to log for my dinner (like your food tasting). I finally just did a quick tools and put in 1000. Since my daily goal is 1200 you can see where I stand today. Yikes! Even the 1000 may not be high enough, I went to a pot luck, I took very small portions, but I ate peanuts before hand as dinner was late and I was hungry. When I get that hungry I lose all will power! I try not to let that happen too often.

Well out of time, welcome to all the new people and great job to all the regulars on this week's tracking and exercise.
    Barb

• kapansm
    kapansm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im interested in joining the group. I'm in desperate need of motivation & support. Been reading through some messages, I need change.
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Debbie, I have 100+ lbs to loose. Looking for friends and support. As it's Sunday... Had great week last week, joined a gym and started eating better. On work side I just got a big award at our yearly awards celebration last night so I'm on could 9 as its my first one in 5 yrs working there.

This week I'm working on getting into habit of going to gym and getting my water in :)
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @mountmary - That's so neat that your son and his fiancee are including you in the wedding plans. But I second Niki, only wear beige if it looks good on you. :D

@ereilly - I'm so impressed that you're doing kickboxing! It looks like fun, but I don't have a place to try it out here.

@NK1112 - Glad you're feeling better, and got a good night's sleep. That's such a gamechanger.

@skinnyjeanzbound - Billy Idol! Very cool!

@maram29 - I've been checking out your food diary and am so very impressed! Tasty meals, great snacks, and well within your calories. I do have a question about breakfast - are you putting the scrambled egg whites in the oatmeal, or eating them separately? I've seen some recipes that call for putting eggs in oatmeal and...eh, not for me.

@hansea47 - So cool that you got the whole family out for a 5K!

@texasmom2013 - Gorgeous! What an inspirational walking route!

Welcome @erynleigh (is that really how your name is spelled, Eryn?), @mckelkel, @tra12378, @kapansm, and @dhill_84! (Hope I didn't miss anyone.)

AFM, I spent most of the day outside! It was another stunner here in Kansas - sunny and 70. After church, I came home to find LilBro and his kids and my Mom playing in my yard, waiting for me to get home so we could go to Sonic for lunch - and to play on the playground. Not great lunch choices, but I did climb around on the playground with my niece & nephew for a while. When I got home (again), BigSIL called to say they were all headed to the county fishing lake for the afternoon. I hemmed and hawed about getting some writing done, but was on the road within 30 minutes. :smile: Spent about 3 hours hiking around with the kids. I only counted about 30 minutes in MFP, though, because there was a lot of stopping and starting. Alas, I was so hungry on the way home, I went through McD's. So not great food choices today, but lots of outside time. I even got a bit of color! And I'm exhausted from all that fresh air, so I'm heading to bed early. Big week with lots of deadlines, and I want to start it out right.

Oh! So I've been wanting to start doing food prep, right? I wrote about that during my visualization time this morning, picturing myself overcoming the obstacles preventing me from doing it and visualizing how I'll feel when I do. So I come home from church and find that LilBro brought me a week's worth of healthy lunches, all prepped and ready to go! He did his own yesterday and had too much (he's still adjusting to cooking for one adult post-divorce), so he brought me the rest! :smiley:

Sunday Share: My name is Melissa, and in case it wasn't clear from the above, I spend a lot of time with my family. :smile: I have two brothers - BigBro is married to BigSIL and they have 10 children ages 8 months - almost 16 years; LilBro is recently divorced and has 2 children, ages 8 and 5 1/2. I'm currently single, no children. My parents and brothers and their families live within a 20-minute radius, and I get to have all the children except the baby every Saturday evening (aka Sissy Night).
  • melifornia
    Options
    Forgot to post my goals update:

MFP Goals February 8-14

Diet Goals

* No fast food 4/7 - x/7
    * Plan meals for this week, including Sissy Night -
    * Prep food for this week -

Exercise Goals

* Yoga every morning - 1/7
    * Cardio x 3 - x/3
    * Strength training x 1 - x/1

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - 1/7
    * Refill meds when needed -
    * Call optometrist about contacts Rx -

Personal Goals

* Miracle Morning daily - 1/7
    * Plan and prep for niece Laurel's birthday (2/14) -
    * Send one positive/inspirational/gratitude letter or email -
    * Declutter spare room -

Work Goals

* File 8 magazine articles - x/8
    * File 2 newspaper articles (Saturday) - x/2
    * Invoice magazines -
    * Invoice newspaper -
    * Watch video tutorial -
    * Spend 30 minutes 3x working on client website - x/3
    * Send 5 LOIs - x/5

February All-In Goals

* Login to MFP daily - 8/28
    * Track food daily - 8/28
    * Cardio workout x 12 - 3/12
    * Strength workout x 4 - 1/4
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

@melissa--that's great that your brother helped you out with food prep! :) Sounds like a fun day with the family.

@mary--congrats on meeting your first goal of losing the baby weight!!

@txmom--great pics!! Ditto what others said about being grateful for some greenery.

@kelley--I chuckled at your "chilly walk" comment--was it below 60? :wink: Just kidding--we actually reached about 40 yesterday and it felt like a heat wave.

@erin--the PT thinks I strained my rotator cuff. I think I did it lifting a very heavy bag of student journals, but I'm not sure. It could have also been from lifting weights. The reason I suspect the bag is b/c I woke up one morning in pain, and it was the day after I had lugged those journals back and forth from school. Sorry about the additional snow. :(

Welcome to all of the newlings!! You are all welcome and you've joined by simply posting. :)

Saturday Success:
    I missed posting yesterday, so here's my success. I thought I was over calories for the week when I finished logging yesterday's food this morning. Then I remembered that we did some additional walking back and forth from the concert venue, and I was on my feet (sometimes just standing, sometimes dancing) for about 4 hours straight at the show. It wasn't wild, sweat-inducing dancing, so I just logged it as 2 hours of standing, but with the added calorie burn, I was under for the week.

I almost made my All-in goal--missed completing 3 days of balance exercises, but will be doing them tonight.

Sunday Share:
    I'm karen, 45 y/o from Chicago. I'm married with one fur-kid. I have a 3 y/o niece with whom I got to visit today. My whole family spent the afternoon at my older sister's apt celebrating my mother's b-day. My niece loves to dance, so after dinner we had a dance party in the living room. For some reason, I'm the auntie who gets to do all of the physical stuff like dance, swing her around, and flip her upside-down. It's fun, but tiring.

I had quite a busy weekend and got zero grading done. Tomorrow, I'm released from my classes to have an all-day bargaining session. Oh joy. Both sides will be presenting our financial proposals. I'm going to try really, really hard not to take it personally when they offer the teachers much less than we deserve b/c I assume they will. We made a big sacrifice on the last contract--2% raises which isn't really a raise b/c it barely covers cost-of-living increases. However, it put our school district in a much better financial situation, plus allowed us to reduce fees for the parents. Now, we feel it's time we reaped the benefits of that sacrifice. We'll see if the BOE and district administrators feel the same way.

I put the gym as a goal tomorrow, but I'm doubtful it will happen b/c I need to finish grading those journals by Wed. However, I may really NEED the gym after sitting in a room for 9 hours.

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT completed; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/60 JRP journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day (or dance party :smile: )
    Mon--gym (?)
    Tues--PT
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- PT
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @texasmom2013 - Nice pics and nice trail!

@ereilly - When my workout buddy or I have to cancel on meeting at the gym due to weather, we always say we'll be getting our exercise done 'shovelin-style'!

@mountmary84 - I think I'm adding a second mantra. My son's voice saying "finish this baby" is really stuck in my head!

@Teresa - I did the too much sodium thing on Saturday. I hate waking up with sausage fingers! Lots of water and did not eat out on Sunday, so it's already tons better.

@marypoppins - Woo hoo! Way to go on the loss!

@kapansm and @dhill_84 - Welcome! I've been on the thread for just over a year, and it's keeping me plugging along. Sloooowly but surely. :)

@melifornia - Sounds like such a fun, outdoorsy weekend for you! So awesome that your little brother brought you all those lunches. You are sure to succeed with so much support from your family.

@skinny - Congrats on meeting your calorie goal this week! And good luck at your bargaining meeting. We went several years with just the 2% cost-of-living increase where I work, and it can be rough.

AFM- I finally met my calorie goal yesterday. And I am down 0.6 lbs this morning. Still about 19 lbs to go until I'm back to last summer's weight. I'm adding a second mantra. (See note to mountmary above.)

Have a great week, everyone!

February:
    Calorie Goal- 1/8
    Exercise Goal- 3/12
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-180/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 150/165
    Back- 150/165
    Triceps- 80/90
    Biceps- 80/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Not doing well.

Son picked up for 3rd DUI during the night last night. He lives with us and I had no idea he was drinking again. He has been through rehab 4 times. After I picked him up at the police station the first words out of his mouth were "take me to the hospital, I am suicidal". This is his 4th time in for a 72 hour hold in the last 8 years. I am so glad he had it in him to tell me. So that was the next few hours. Got home just in time to leave for the gym. Took out the frustration on the bike in spin class.

New counselor today at 11, hoping for the best.

All the talk about the great weather has me longing for spring. For now I have things to take care of.
    Love to all,
    Lori
    Hoping to hang on.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @cblue Oh Lori. WOW! You do have your hands full just now. Hang in there my friend. Hope it goes well with the counselor today.
  • melifornia
    Options
    @cblue315 - BIG HUGS FOR YOU! And well done taking out your frustration & stress through exercise. Be sure you count that as a win; you need it.
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I figured y'all could use it! That place is called Briarwood Park in DeSoto, Texas. I was going to take some pics of the ducks and the pond, but there were a ton of people over there taking pics for a quincinera. Lots of people go there to take prom pictures and wedding photos. I'm glad y'all enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed sharing them! I missed a few days so I've gotta go back and read the rest of the post-splosion!! :p
  • slimbluehen
    slimbluehen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Lori, you are a strong woman! Hope all goes well with the counselor today.

I have been absent for awhile, just trying to keep my head above water; too much work, too much everything, esp. car repairs and house repairs. I have't kept up with the posts and don't expect I'll be going back to catch up, but hope to do better going forward.

I seem to be living in rain central and should be grateful for it, but I would have liked to see a bit more snow, just because its beautiful - even tho' a pain in the *kitten* for those of us who have to travel.

Have a great day, stick to the goals.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Kenea993 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm going to join you guys. Seriously losing stream and could use some support!.
    tra12378 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Tracy and I'm new to the community boards. I am open to any tips or pointers and needs mfp friends to help keep me accountable and in check. My motivation and energy seem to have disappeared lately...
    Navallez wrote: »
    Hi everyone, 45 yrs. married, mother of 4. I have the strength to start and maintain this jurney I just need to keep motivated, I find that is my weakest link. I get bored, so here I am looking for motivational buddies.
    kapansm wrote: »
    Im interested in joining the group. I'm in desperate need of motivation & support. Been reading through some messages, I need change.
    dhill_84 wrote: »
    Hi I'm Debbie, Looking for friends and support.
    This week I'm working on getting into habit of going to gym and getting my water in :)

Welcome Newlings/Newbies. My name is Niki and I have been a member of this thread since last October 1. What I really like about it is that it gives me a sense of community with people who have or are going through similiar challenges with living at a healthy weight.

No one can make us accountable but ourselves, through the habits we develop about it. That's where the 'challenges' we set for ourselves on here and report on help us to be accountable. Our 'leader', @RobinsEgg who started this thread about 4 years ago is away taking care of other pressing matters right now; she wrote back in December about an article that talked about how long it takes to actually intigrate a new habit into our daily routines so that we internalize it and don't have to think about doing it .... and it takes a long while ... much longer than the 3-weeks we've heard about, even much longer than the 66-days that work so well for so many ... but more like 6 months!.. This is not said to discourage you. It is said in a tone of 'real-life' ... and that's exactly why it takes so long to get with a new routine ... life gets in the way of our commitments ... so we just need to keep plugging along through the easy and the hard times as best we can. When we fall off, then just brush ourselves off and get back in the saddle again!

Follow-through
    Niki
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be here. I'm hoping to make being healthy a habit. Today my fiance and I are going to do our Valentine's day since its the only day we both have off. Lunch and a movie. treats that we both really enjoy :) didn't do so well yesterday on food choices but I'm going to pick myself up and dust off and keep going. I have pilates and Zumba tonight so that well help balance out yesterday.
  • paba40
    paba40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking food and exercise for awhile and now looking to find a community. I am too in the lose 100+ club. So for Monday: My struggle is not eating late at night. Other struggle is to get up and do exercise committed too the night before. I did get yoga done today but at 11am.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    So much activity here. I haven't visited in a while but will try to catch up.
    I'm down 19lbs. Taking it one day at a time and focusing on my goals.
    This week I plan to exercise Mon-Fri and increase my protein.

Great support group here! Thanks for the motivation!!