Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @cblue- prayers coming your way on the marriage situation. I hope the counselor appointment helps you today. I am glad you’re choosing not to be bitter. I have a hard time with not being bitter but I recently started looking at my part in the crappy relationships I have been in. My biggest discovery was that I choose to ignore the red flags I know what they are I see them but I choose to look the other way or make excuses. Not anymore. Hugs for you in all you have going on with your self, son and hubby.
    @New People – welcome to the group
    @Teresa- great NSV with the pants
    @Karen- that strain sounds bad being I am not a health care professional. What is the suggested treatment to help ease the pain? Billy Idol what a blast from the past 
    @Colleen40- woohooo on the 11,000 steps

AFM- Weekend was boring with grocery shopping and homework. The weatherman said it was going to be in the 30’s but it sure didn’t feel like it. I am wishing more and more to leave MN for good. I think that if the rest of my immediate family moves like they have been talking about I will probably move than also. My parents live here and I stayed for so long because my boy is the only grand kid but he is an adult now so he can visit them on his own if needed. My family isn’t close at all but it is nice to know they are car ride away. My eating was crap all weekend. I am not so sure that I am actually ready sometimes for this life style change being I still eat all the same junk just not as much of it. I try to stay positive but I am not sure I am ready to give up the foods I love to eat but I know if I don’t I will probably never lose any weight. I am having a hard time remembering to do my modified pushups at home which is the Feb all in goal for me. I have a literature test tonight with matching 20 short stories with the author to bad for me I suck at memorization. I am thinking positive though.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @kah68 - bummer about the car, hope it is ready Tuesday as promised. Congrates on the 1.2# loss.

@Teresa_3266 - size 16 pants ... my dream goal. Haven't work that size since .. well long time. I've had days like your Sunday ... fast food and trying to make the healthiest choices!

@karenleona - -34C in Alberta is colder than here in Buffalo Region NYS. It's only -9C here today. We are said to expect much deeper cold by the weekend. Keep playing with those grand babies, they will surely keep you warm.

@Skinnyjeanzbound - rotator cuff, I have a series of PT exercises for that part of the body. They do help. Did he/she say could continue with using your shoulders during your weight training? Happy belated birthday greetings to your mom. Good luck on that bargaining session today.

@melifornia - Your Miracle Morning routine has me thinking about starting something like that for a March All-In. I used to do something like that many years ago. Nowadays I just spend so much of my morning on-line ... doing what I'm doing right now! :) How lucky you are to have many family members nearby. I'm pretty much the only duck in the pond.

@ereilly311 - Yay on your basketball team's city championship win. You shoveled on Sunday, but didn't you just love the hanging out watching tv movies and and a nap!?!

@mountmary84 - Yes, cheek bone hollows ... first time in a long, long while! That's our standard, within 100 calories of our MFP goal ... you did it!

@Morgori - this is going to sound really ignorant ... but I have a suspicion that Autism is on the rise because babies are no longer swaddled during their first few weeks fo life. A baby comes home and is immediately put into cutsie clothes and taken everywhere and anywhere. When they were wrapped tightly in a receiving blanket at kept at home the first 6 weeks, there wasn't as much of it ... or maybe it was just not recognized and reported. God bless all those who have it.

@Kenea993 - Good piece of work, convincing your fiancé and mom to plan on the Color Run and Fun Mudder events with you this year. You all have to train for that! Support!!!

@maram29 - I had a lot of snow on Sunday also. At least you went spinning! I was a computer and couch potato! Yes, like Melissa asked, do you put the eggs into the oatmeal? That's one of my favorite tricks to up the protein and fat of my porridge so it stays with me longer. Don't even know the egg is in there once it's microwaved.

@hansea47 - Sounds like you are getting a lot of support from your family, a.k.a the family 5k this past Saturday. It could become a family tradition! Yes, "Finish this baby"!

@texasmom2013 - really made my soul sing to see green woods and forest streams, my favorite places!

@MaryPoppinsIAint - Yes, the group is growing by leaps and bounds. Just keep logging and dropping in to let us know how you are doing ... it's good to 'fess up'. You are doing so great, bet you beat me to one-derland!

@bapcarrier - glad to see you wrote to the newbies. Your advise to think of this as a lifestyle change is right on! I really like that tip I learned last year ... East when you are hungry, but don't eat until your stomach is empty, stop eating when your stomach is 3/4 full. I use water to help pass time until my stomach is empty enough so that I can fill it again! :)

@cblue315 - Hope the meeting today with your son went as you hoped. Prayers your way for less stress.

@slimbluehen - Don't be concerned about being able to keep up with the posts ... just pop in and tell us how you are doing when you can. You know what format we generaly use if you'd like to share.

@
    paba40 wrote: »
    I have been tracking food and exercise for awhile and now looking to find a community. So for Monday: My struggle is not eating late at night. Other struggle is to get up and do exercise committed too the night before. I did get yoga done today but at 11am.
    ... welcome @paba40 ... Take it one step at a time. Exercise and food control right off the bat are good together if you can tackle both at once ... if not, go for the food control and add the exercise after you have lost a little bit. My motto is 'one step at a time' about this stuff.

@mnwalkingqueen - so sorry you are feeling bumbed-out about everything. There must be just too much on your plate right now, what with work, family, school. It took me a long while to realize that if I brought the 'junk' into the house that I would eat it all up really quickly, then crave more. You know what helped ... a medium-sized saucepan of popcorn popped on the stove in a little canola or grapeseed oil. No butter. Good to see you here.

Follow-through
    Niki
  • NK1112
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Yippie!!! ... I finally made it into the next 10's down. This morning I weighed in at 239. So close to being half-way to my goal.
    February Challenge:
    calories at goal + or - 100 : 8/8
    All-In, PT exercises - 8/8
    Gym - 0/3 for the week

Goals for this week: besides the usual ones I have, this week I am going to focus on housework. I need to start first thing in the morning or I won't get at it. That means I have to change my routine. Instead of heading to the computer room with my morning coffee and ending up in there until lunch time, I have to start cleaning and not go into the computer room until after lunch. Maybe that way I can even get to the gym.
    Follow-through
    Niki
  • Rozie1019
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA. I have been so busy with work and then when I get home I am exhausted. I also found out something that is super exciting but was very unexpected and has caused me to raise my calorie goal.... I'M PREGNANT! Definitely was not expecting this to happen now, actually I really was afraid that I would never be able to get pregnant. This was a very wonderful surprise. I haven't seen the dr. yet but I have an appointment on the 23rd and will have my first ultrasound then. I have already started my prenatals. I am pretty sure that I really am pregant, I have 3 positive home tests and TOM has not come around when it was due about 11 days ago. I'm very excited and I plan on working hard to make this a healthy pregnancy. I hope to catch up here soon!

Have a great day!
    Rozie
  • dmb000
    dmb000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find myself in a familiar place, overweight and frustrated. A long drawn out therapeutic venting session is about to go down - this is your fair warning.

In 1999 I was fat, broke, depressed, and needed something to change. After speaking with an old friend I decided to finally fulfill my goal to serve our country.

At 24 I walked into the Marine Corps Recruiting office and told the SGT. behind the desk I was ready to serve. Unfortunately, I weighed in at a feathery 265lbs and the cutoff to leave for training was 235lbs. So, I ran around 100 Oaks Mall everyday and ate salad with a side of water for each meal until I knocked of the weight. 3 weeks later I was on my way to Parris Island. I won't bore you with the 13 weeks of training stories, but when graduation came around I weighed in at a fit and trim 142lbs, no that is not a misprint--- I lost 120lbs in 16 weeks because every time I was told to move faster or give more heart, I did.

Over the years life has been good with career, and family (my wife is the Bomb); but a life in a cubicle and diminished motivation have put all the weight back on, and I am ready to shed my fat suit. I cant remember the last time I tied my shoes without sweating and breathing heavy.

So here I go, marching down the road to shedding 100lbs without the aid of screaming drill instructors to quell the voice in my head that says "I guess that is a good workout today".

I'd say wish me luck, but I may just get some recordings of drill instructors yelling to playback during my time in the gym. If you see a highly motivated fat guy talking to himself in the mirror and an bunch of people wondering if the police should be notified.... Don't sweat it, it's me just shedding weight and admiring the 257lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal staring back in the mirror.

Semper Gumby

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@Texasmom Boy you got that right. There has been a “post-splosion” here again. It is great to see everyone here and all the new people….just a little hard to keep up!

@Rozie Congratulations! How exciting! A new baby is such a blessing.

@marypoppins Congrats on the great loss! I am sure you will make those anniversary goals. Go for it!

@bapcarrier HI Barb. Good to see you check in.

@melifornia That day outside sounds wonderful! I am sure you got plenty of exercise playing with the kids. I am so ready for a warm day outside…

@skinny I hope the negotiating goes well today Karen. That certainly is stressful. I truly believe that all of you who are teachers give your share and then some. I hope too the shoulder starts to feel better.

@Hansea I too rather like the “I am going to finish this baby” mantra. To have actually heard it must have been really special.

@cblue My heart is with you Lori. If ever you simply need another ear, you know where I am. I am a good listener.

@Niki Great post about accountability. You are doing a fantastic job in Robins absence. You have such a great way with words. You are one special lady.

@mnwalkingqueen Good luck with the test today Holly. I hope some of the other stresses lighten for you as well. You will do this; all of it. Just hang in there. Spring will eventually come to our part of the planet and then things will start looking better.

Welcome all the new people. You have found a very supportive group here. Check in often; it really does help. We look forward to getting to know all of you better.

AFM: I had a nice little loss this AM so was pleased with that. Then I got a haircut and lost even more! Alas, then DH wanted lunch at a favorite place and I fear I over did it a bit. Dinner tonight (turkey breast) will have to only come with veggies as there aren’t many calories left in my allotment again.

February Challenge:
    Calories under goal:5/8
    Core fitness: 2/4

Word for 2015 “TENACITY”

Thanks every one of you for being here.
    Barbara
    Mountmary84
  • mountmary84
    Options
    PS I really wasn't serious about wearing beige to the wedding for those of you who thought that was a bit drab.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Rozie1019 wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA. I have been so busy with work and then when I get home I am exhausted. I also found out something that is super exciting but was very unexpected and has caused me to raise my calorie goal.... I'M PREGNANT! Definitely was not expecting this to happen now, actually I really was afraid that I would never be able to get pregnant. This was a very wonderful surprise. I haven't seen the dr. yet but I have an appointment on the 23rd and will have my first ultrasound then. I have already started my prenatals. I am pretty sure that I really am pregant, I have 3 positive home tests and TOM has not come around when it was due about 11 days ago. I'm very excited and I plan on working hard to make this a healthy pregnancy. I hope to catch up here soon!

Have a great day!
    Rozie

Congrats :D
  • kapansm
    kapansm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    TGIM! New day, new week, I WANT to be a better me. I'm not certain how all of the communicating works yet, but I've been reading posts like crazy!

Today has been a good day,I made good food choices & I walked a mile.

I am very overweight, I can not believe how I have let myself go. I am 46 y/o, 5ft 6in & I just weighed in @ 339.9#. Fortunately this was not My highest weight. I was a miserable 364# depressed person for quite awhile.

I had lost 100#'s & was feeling really good @ 264#, able to tie my shoes, put socks on, exercise. Slowly, I started to put the weight back on. I continued to let it creep up & up. But NOOOOOO more, I have health issues because of the weight, what is wrong with me!!!!

I committed to drinking more water this week, walking 4 times & paying attention to my food portions. Day 1, successful so far, but I just had dinner & I feel hungry! I'm going to drink water & make today count! Wish me luck!

Shawn
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Today is my Friday and I have the next 3 days off!! The weather is supposed to be nice the next two days so I'm going to get out in the sunshine and do something. We have a wonderful botanical gardens here that is great for walking. I'm excited!! :D

@cblue, so sorry about your son. Lots of the same kind of issues in my family so I know how your heart is aching for your son. I also pray the counselor will be able to help. Hang in there! ((hugs))

@Niki, I agree with the 6-months to form a habit idea. I started this weight loss journey seriously last June and stumbled many times. Especially during the holidays and then recommitted in January and it seems to be going much smoother for me. Let's just hope I can keep it up!! ;)

@paba40, you have found a great community!! It doesn't matter when you do the exercise, you just have to do it. Get into the routine and then adjust it as you need. As for eating late at night, try brushing your teeth or sucking on sugar free mints. Food taste gross with minty breath. ;)

@Renaejae, congrats on losing 19 lbs!! That is awesome! :D We have the same goals. Last week I did my first Monday thru Friday exercise in a long time and this week I'm going to do it again!!

@mnwalkingqueen, it is so hard to give up those foods we love that are hindering us from reaching our goals. Some people have no problem eating whatever they want as long as it fits in their calories. I envy those people!! What has worked for me is planning my meals and not giving up everything at once. You should work on substitutions that won't make you feel deprived. This is why I'm slightly addicted to Quest bars. So many tasty and healthy choices that make me feel a lot less deprived. I mean the double chocolate bar slightly melted in the microwave is pure Heaven! <3

@Rozie, congrats on your baby!! I can feel your joy through your post. :)

@dmb000, hey I sometimes pretend that Jillian Michaels is screaming in my ear when I'm on the elliptical. Whatever works....do it! ;)

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. Well got the son off to Alaska and picked the husband up and came home this morning. It is interesting listening to my husband talk about our son working up there. He still has trouble remembering he is a young man now and not a child. I am sure he will do fine. I am doing well so far on my challenges this month. I have gotten in my steps on most days and been within 100 calories all but 3 days this month. Today I haven't done much but we have a stomach bug going through the family and I am pretty sure it is my turn. I have been slightly queasy and just listless all day. My doggies have given me several accusatory stares but to no avail for them. I took them to the dog park yesterday and let Zeus go on the trails. These trails are through a wetlands preserve and we have had rain for the last week so he was just running through all the water and mud like a maniac. It was so great to watch all the pure unudalterated doggy joy on his face. Then we came home and he had to have a bath. What a horrible ending for him, lol.

cblue: I am sorry about everything you are going through with your family. It can be hard at times which is why we have to cling so hard to the good things.

Well everyone I hope you had a great Monday and I will catch up with you later. :):)
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym for cardio and most of my strength routine today. I had to cut it short to get back home for a phone interview, but got about 3/4 of the way through. I'll be sure to allow enough time to do the full routine on Thursday. My February goal is strength training once per week, but everything I've read and been told indicates that if I don't train at least every 4 days, I'll start losing ground. Does that sound right to the other members here who do weights?

MFP Goals February 8-14

Diet Goals

* No fast food 4/7 - x/7
    * Plan meals for this week, including Sissy Night -
    * Prep food for this week -

Exercise Goals

* Yoga every morning - 2/7
    * Cardio x 3 - 1/3
    * Strength training x 1 - 1/1

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - 2/7
    * Refill meds when needed - DONE
    * Call optometrist about contacts Rx -

Personal Goals

* Miracle Morning daily - 2/7
    * Plan and prep for niece Laurel's birthday (Feb 14) -
    * Send one positive/inspirational/gratitude letter or email -
    * Declutter spare room - started

Work Goals

* File 8 magazine articles - x/8
    * File 2 newspaper articles (Saturday) - x/2
    * Invoice magazines -
    * Invoice newspaper -
    * Watch video tutorial -
    * Spend 30 minutes 3x working on client website - x/3
    * Send 5 LOIs - x/5
    * Sub Tuesday morning -

February All-In Goals

* Login to MFP daily - 9/28
    * Track food daily - 9/28
    * Cardio workout x 12 - 4/12
    * Strength workout x 4 - 2/4
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just saw something about a newly identified eating disorder called 'orthorexia'. I actually knew a woman several years ago who died of starvation because she became so obsessed about what foods she could safely eat. The advice in the article I read was excellent so l'm passing it along. I'll be back later to report.
    "Trust your body. Focus on balance, and not on perfection. Extremism never pays off. Enjoy food in great variety. Take time to taste the food you are eating. Be grateful for it. Listen to your body. Don't over-eat. Don't under-eat. Get outside. And most importantly, remember that eating chocolate cake won't make you dirty. Unless you are a two year old."
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the great support. I am so very fortunate to have all of you in my world.

Visited DS tonight. He was very tearful. He is making financial plans. This has me very hopeful. We have a family session tomorrow with a discharge planner where we will go over his immediate treatment plans.

My counseling appointment went very well. I am very hopeful on that front as well. On top of everything I managed to stay within calories today. I still have some water to go but am going to bed early tonight to catch up on some sleep.

@Rozie - The toughest job you will ever love! Congratulations on this new chapter in your life.

@melfornia - According to my trainer (he has a masters in kinesiology) He has me do a big workout one day per week then two smaller ones later in the week. If I can't get the third one in it is no big deal but two at least. You can do the second workout using resistance bands or body weight exercises.

Love to all,
    Lori ((<3))

• mountmary84
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Kaye Sounds very interesting. I chuckled about the 2 year old and chocolate cake. I suspect I would agree with much of what you read.
    @Theresa Did you get the big sale you were looking for the other day? Hope so.
    @Jtconst Sounds like you have gotten used to your son going off to Alaska. That is good.

AFM. Stayed under calories today. Yay me. The contract DH was so excited about Friday fell apart. Grrr~~~ He is not a happy camper just now; poor guy. He really worked hard on that one.
  • mountmary84
    Options
    @cblue I hope you sleep well Lori. I am sure you need the rest just now after all that has gone on.

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Maram- How far do you like to ride? I have been considering a bike ride trip this summer, maybe to Vermont or some other area. I would love to meet up with someone else. The trips I am looking at involve Van support and a comfy hotel room at night. Let me know if you are interested.

Cblue-Great news about your future daughter in law being on her road to recovery. Loved the reaction from your brother when he saw you again. .

Kah- Congrats on ordering the small size and wearing them to work. That was a great reaction from your co-worker.

RobinEgg- Enjoy your trip. Have fun.

Texasmon-Congrats on reaching your first mini-goal. Keep up the hard work.

Welcome to all the new people.

Hi all, it has been a busy week with a lack of time to check in. I hope everyone is well and getting out to exercise. Last week, I had to get 4 new tires since the side walls were dry-rotting. Thursday, was busy with work and playing catch up from Wednesday unexpected day off. Friday, was climbing and I came home from work and took a nap. Saturday, I was just plan exhausted so took a nap during the afternoon. The swim meet went well and I was happy with my times for the 100 IM in 2:01:?? And in the 100 Free in 1;47, the 50 Back was a little slower since that was 1;02 ( I wanted under a minute). Sunday- was a beautiful day here as it reached the 50’s so went for a 12 mile bike ride. Today, was filled with work and a session with my trainer that turned into a great laugh. I was learning a new exercise using the Bosu ball and doing an yoga move called the boat. The trick was to get the arms up in field goal position along with the legs up (works core) and gradually move the arms to the Superman position using the legs as a counter balance. Well, as I was doing this I kind of just melted into the Bosu ball- think gradually falling down, Needless to say I was laughing very hard by the end of that exercise.
    The rest of this week will be very busy as well so I may not be able to check back in. I am still logging everyday, just not a lot of time for the message boards. I do miss all of you. Have a great week.

Exercise schedule
    Sunday- Bike DONE
    Monday- Trainer- Done
    Tuesday- Class/ HH rest day
    Wednesday- Meeting, might try to make swim practice
    Thursday- Gym
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday-??? Pool is closed due to kids swim meet so not sure what I will do. Gym is crowded with the kids basketball games.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Struggling to keep up with the thread today, so no personals. But a big "welcome!" to all of the newlings and "hi" to the rest of you.

Someone asked if I can use my shoulder for weight training, and the answer is no. I haven't done any upper body lifting or strength work in about 4 months. The PT knows that my goal is to get back to it, and he's optimistic that it will happen fairly soon based on my range of motion and strength right now. I meet with him again tomorrow. Funny story, when he was doing my assessment on friday, he was feeling my shoulder and when he worked down my arm, he stopped and said--"whoa, that's quite a bicep!" He was impressed especially given I haven't been able to work them lately. :blush:

Monday Check-in:
    Ugh--horrible food day today. Please, please no one look at my food diary--it's truly abysmal. In the bargaining meeting all day, the only movement we got was moving to our own room to caucus. I'm not even going to go into detail, but he other side totally low-balled us on salary package--just completely insulting. I left the meeting angry and feeling like crap b/c of all of the processed snacks I ate all day, so even though I was tired, I went to the gym for a run. Afterwards, I felt so much better--such a stress reliever, and I made up for a bit of the terrible nutrition with a very healthy dinner of baked fish and salad.

Sadly, the gym visit means I still haven't gotten to the grading I need to hand back tomorrow. Now it's almost 10 pm and I still have to shower and grade. :(

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT completed; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 balance; PT; 1/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 13/60 JRP journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses

Exercise Goals: (week 2)
    Sun--rest day (or dance party :smile: )
    Mon--gym DONE
    Tues--PT
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- PT
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • NK1112
    Options
    Quick pop in now with Tuesday goals instead of in the morning, as I am done for this day and going to bed.
    Start laundry while coffee is brewing and do 3 full loads today
    Clean kitchen sink and counters
    prepare bedroom for furniture to be moved for rearrangement
    Cook 2 dishes; roasted vegetable ratatouille, and ground meat pasta bake

Looking forward to checking in with everyone again later on in the week.
    Follow-through
    Niki
    PS - Food goals are 9 for 9 as if today.
  • ajoyjoypril
    ajoyjoypril Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. I'd like to lose about 130lbs. So far I'm down 1. Ha! Here's to 129 more!