Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @NK1112‌ It felt so nice watching movies and napping, but same time I feel like I wasted my day!

@melifornia‌ I love kickboxing! There's a few places around the area, but I go to a place that is the next town over and about 15min away. The place I go to has grown so much over the past two years, but the people are great. It's owned by a husband and wife and they treat everyone like family. I hadn't been in well over a year and when I went back last month, they greeted me with open arms like I had never even left.

@cblue315‌ I'm sorry to hear about the struggles with your son. I know how hard that can be, as I have been dealing with the same with my older brother and my father for years. I'm sending my prayers and strength your family's way!

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ That stinks about those journals possibly causing your injury. That is one thing I like about being a para, I never have to bring anything home lol. Hope your shoulder heals up soon.

AFM - We had another snowday today, and already have another for tomorrow. We got about 13" of snow but its been non stop for like 48 hours. It's still lightly snowing now. I didn't do much today like I had wanted to. I did do some laundry and went out shoveling twice. I had to dig my dad's truck out to get to my chiropractor appt. I made a yummy veggie and shrimp quinoa "fried rice" for dinner tonight. It came out really good, so I was impressed! I have tomorrow off and am going to get up early and go to kickboxing at 9am, then come home and get some stuff done and possibly meet a friend out for lunch. I also want to go snowshoeing but I'm nervous because I have never been before lol.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    It took me longer to get back so I guess no personals tonight, except to say congratulations to @rozie and to tell @lori that I am wishing her well. Things are tough. I'm glad that you have access to counseling.
    Today was okay, I made my goals, but I am really struggling with eating 'mindlessly' just because. I guess I'm a slow learner. 2.5 years at this and still struggling with old habits. On the plus side, our weather has snuck into the 60s the last few days, and I've been able to get some good walks in between rain storms, 5 miles yesterday and 4 miles today.
    The support that I feel here is amazing and so important. It is great to have so many people posting regularly.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • dmb000
    dmb000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, here goes nothing - headed to the gym for day 1... I'll let y'all know how it goes after I get back from teaching myself a lesson.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @dmb000- Good luck at the gym! I hope the voice of that inner drill instructor keeps you going strong!

@kaye- I enjoyed that quote from the orthorexia article that you shared. Lots of truth there. Especially the cake and 2 year old part! ;) And embrace your slow learner...it took decades of bad habits to help us gain this weight, and it will take the rest of our lifetimes to lose the weight and maintain a healthy weight.

@ereilly- "I had to dig my dad's truck out to get to my chiropractor appt." Hmmm...there's a joke there, but it's too early in the morning for me to think of it. ;)

@ajoyjoypril- Welcome! You've found a great group. One pound gone! You're on your way!

@Niky- You are rocking your food goal this month! 9/9! Way to go!

@skinny- Nice job going for a run after your awful day! I hope the bargaining ends better than it started.

@Laurie- Funny bosu ball fall...even if you didn't master the move, you burned some extra calories laughing about it!

@cblue- Take care. Praying for you and your family. I'm glad your counselor was helpful.

@melifornia- Regarding losing ground while weight-lifting. I think it takes a long time to lose the muscle mass that you build during lifting. I am by no means any kind of expert on the subject, but from my personal experience, if I lift at least once a week, I don't 'lose' anything, but I don't get any stronger, either. When I go more than a few weeks without lifting, I kind of have to 'start over'. I have been lifting very sporadically over the last 20 years or so, and overall I am stronger now than I was when I was 15, but I am very squishy. If I want to maintain that 'toned' feeling, I need to lift 2-3 times per week. Again, this is all just my personal experience.

@jtconst- Keep up the good work on your goals!

@kapanam- Thank Goodness It's Monday?!? You're killing me. ;) Hope it's a great new week for you.

@Teresa- Soak up some sun for me today!

@Rozie- Congratulations! Life is miraculous.

@mnwalkingqueen- Hang in there! That MN winter will be over soon....or at least spring is less far away every day. :)

@renaejae- Congratulations on 19 lbs down!

@paba40 and @kenea993- Welcome! :):)

@slimbluehen- Too much everything lately for me too. Trying to get back on track this month myself. Hang in there. Keep logging and reading and if you're too busy to post, just try to follow along.

AFM-Work goal today. Finish up our rounds of PTO selection today, and maybe finish one of my annual competencies online today. Gotta sneak all this stuff in between patients and helping our newest hire navigate everything she is not familiar with yet.

Also, need to make myself go out for a run tonight!

February:
    Calorie Goal- 2/8
    Exercise Goal- 3/12
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-180/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 150/165
    Back- 150/165
    Triceps- 80/90
    Biceps- 80/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Semper Gumby - get down and give us 50! Good luck - you got this.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @LaurieK-Congrats on the swim meet and I am jealous of 50’s for a temp.
    @All those snow bound- Stay safe and enjoy the time off.
    @Grandmakaye- I like the quote
    @Karen- You have guns to show off …..
    @Teresa- I wish my problem was sweets it seems there are more alternatives. I am taking baby steps with changing food. My down fall is greasy foods so burgers, fries, pizza and plain old eating out. I bought food at the grocery store to make most of these things at home so hopefully that will help. I am a good cook just when it is two or just me most of the time it seems like such a waste of time.

AFM- My Lit test went pretty well….I had all the titles and authors correct I struggled with 3 or 4 quotes I had to match to the stories. But I felt good about the test. My teacher said he can tell that I love to read which he is correct I do. I don’t get to do it enough for fun anymore being assignments are so long but I love it. I have been forgetting to do my all in goal of modified pushups. I think I have done them 3 times so far this month. I have walked every day at lunch which is the routine I wanted to get back into.
    Tuesday is my favorite day of the week. I probably say this every week but I love it because I get to read with my Kindergarten buddy. It reminds me of teaching my son to read and how much fun that was now I am helping someone else how to read.
  • MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wishing my Awesome Husband a Happy Birthday! <3 He has done a GREAT job at losing those pounds that are gone FOREVER! I am very Proud of him :D So much for his "day off", considering I will have 5 kids here all day...yeah, all are under3! YEE HAW! 5hd3abp9d7lf.jpg
  • dmb000
    dmb000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all... I smoked myself. Feels good. 1000 cal workout... Sweating like a pig.bhuy19re287f.jpg
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good Morning.

@dmb000~Welcome, glad you found us—I think that is all too true after discharge from the armed forces. Your story sounds like my cousin’s story, he was in the shape of his life while in the Army but sure packed on the pounds afterwards. That first step in the gym is the hardest--you did awesome! :star:

@kapansm~Glad you found us; you will find a lot of support here. Check back often.

@ajoyjoypril~Welcome!

@Rozie~What a nice surprise, congrats!

@Kaye~I don’t think I have orthorexia but I’m OCD and I do get obsessed sometimes about what’s going in my body, especially if I’m on a plateau or struggling. I’ve never starved myself because I’ve been afraid to eat but I definitely avoid certain ingredients in foods and am very picky about the source of beef, poultry or fish before I buy it (I’ve been to 2-3 different stores before looking for fresh fish). I read health articles A LOT and am constantly researching ways to be healthier.

@Laurie~Your swim times sound great, you’re getting better and better at each meet!

@Tom~Happy Birthday!!!

AFM~Walk was a challenge last night, I swear one of these labs is ADHD--she is obsessed with the ducks. Just flies into the ponds and swims chasing them, I don't think she wants to catch them--just wants to play. LOL

February “all-in” challenge:

Carbless Mornings: 9/28
    Dairy Free: 7/28 (goal is 14 days)

Exercise Goals this week:

Monday~Walk w friend DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer
    Wednesday~Walk w friend
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Walk w friend
    Saturday~Rest Day
    Sunday~Trainer
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today is my 31st birthday and I lost a half pound (no thanks to Aunt Flow). Not a bad way to start a birthday! My daughter had ST yesterday, OT today, PT and SST on Friday. This is every week by the way. I don't think I've mentioned it before. I feel really overwhelmed sometimes. Exercising has been a great stress reliever. I've been having more energy through out the day now too. I have now added weights to my exercises and boy are my arms sore today! NSV- the arm and leg holes of my clothing are very loose. For some reason this surprises me every time!
  • snappy36
    snappy36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    kapansm wrote: »
    TGIM! New day, new week, I WANT to be a better me. I'm not certain how all of the communicating works yet, but I've been reading posts like crazy!

Today has been a good day,I made good food choices & I walked a mile.

I am very overweight, I can not believe how I have let myself go. I am 46 y/o, 5ft 6in & I just weighed in @ 339.9#. Fortunately this was not My highest weight. I was a miserable 364# depressed person for quite awhile.

I had lost 100#'s & was feeling really good @ 264#, able to tie my shoes, put socks on, exercise. Slowly, I started to put the weight back on. I continued to let it creep up & up. But NOOOOOO more, I have health issues because of the weight, what is wrong with me!!!!

I committed to drinking more water this week, walking 4 times & paying attention to my food portions. Day 1, successful so far, but I just had dinner & I feel hungry! I'm going to drink water & make today count! Wish me luck!

Shawn

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Tom and Texasmom. Enjoy your special day!
  • snappy36
    snappy36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Snappy36 , I was very interested in your note. I am new to this in November.,and just now seeking a MFP. I hope you might be one. I'm a Minnesota transplant now living in Washington.

Gail
  • nurseatheart
    Options
    I'm just starting with my fitness pal. Never imagined I'd ever be 100 Lbs over weigh. So I'm excited to start
  • nurseatheart
    Options
    Need some ideas for how to stay energetic while dieting. I'm very rarely hungry. Its the low energy levels that kill me. I work long hours and have an active job
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I slept until 9am and have been lazing about ever since. I love days off. Although, I do need to workout, do laundry, make a grocery list, and probably dust something. Oh and finish my Bible study lesson for tonight’s meeting. OK, maybe having a day off is still sort of like work, but at least I got to sleep in!! :p

@texasmom2013, happy birthday and congrats on losing some weight. I hope you have a wonderful day and can hold down the stress. <3

@mountmary84, I did get the big sale. I walked into work yesterday and the customer was in talking with our designer who had put together her rooms. She took off about a $1000 but in the end the ticket was for $10,000. Pretty sweet way to start the day and I ended it with another decent sale. Thanks for asking! :)

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    @nurseatheart - keep your protein intake up to 35-40%. You should find you have more energy with less sugar and more protein. Good luck! So glad you're here!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

@Texasmom
    HBSmileyBlowsWhistle.gif

Happy Extraterrestrial Culture Day: Celebrating out-of-this-world aliens, UFOs & ETs

If you're looking for an out-of-this-world holiday, go grab your foil hat! It's Extraterrestrial Culture Day, an annual event that takes place each year on the second Tuesday in February.

Extraterrestrial Culture Day
    The origins of this "holiday" began in 2003, when Republican Representative Daniel R. Foley submitted a proposal to the New Mexico legislature to set aside a special day of the year to "celebrate and honor all past, present and future extraterrestrial visitors." Foley, who is from Roswell, said that capitalizing on something that "did or did not happen" decades ago could help the state of New Mexico. Perhaps he was right?
    The Roswell Incident
    One of the most famous incidents of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) took place decades ago in Roswell, NM. Many believe a flying saucer crashed near the town of Roswell in 1947 in what is known as the Roswell Incident. First acknowledged, then denied, by the United States military, did aliens crash-land outside of Roswell? Did the American government cover it up? Whether fact or fiction, thousands of humans still flock to Roswell every year for the annual UFO Festival.

“Don't hang with negative people. They will pull you down with them. Instead, invite them into your light and together you will both shine strong.”
    ― L.F. Young

Tom
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello all. It is a good day so far. I got the kiddos off to school and then took the dogs for a nice walk. While I was walking the dogs my hubby went over to my parents house. They live real close so when I got back I grabbed my bike and rode it over there. Then we played cards with my parents. Now I am home and putzzing around the house getting a few things done. I have garlic beef in the crockpot and the house smells so yummy, lol.

Well I Just want to send out a Happy Birthday wish to our two birthdays today. I hope you guys have a great day.

I am off to do goodness knows what now, lol. Have a great day everyone. :):):)

Oh yeah it is 1:20 here and I have already reached my 10,000 steps for the day.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @kapansm‌ I hear ya about losing and then letting it all creep back. I lost last year and then gained it back plus some. For the past 6 months I've been up and down the same 10lbs, its frustrating! We are in the right place though, and time to get serious about it! Stay strong, we are all here to back you up!

@Lauriek70‌ where are you from? Saw you're looking at taking a ride to VT, I live in NH, wasn't sure if we were in the same neck of the woods lol. Do you do road cycling? I got a new mtn bike last summer and can't wait to use it more this spring/summer. I finally got a bike rack for my car for xmas so I can go some more exciting places!

@hansea47‌ lol I hear ya on that joke about digging my dad's truck out. Only reason I went was because I had already rescheduled two other times, and I was going stir crazy sitting home snowed in.

@Teresa_3266‌ lol I hear ya about days off being like work. I've had snow days the last two days and had so much to do. It does feel so nice to sleep in though!

AFM - As I've mentioned, we had another snow day today. Weather wasn't bad today, the sun was actually out. I was confused as to what that was at first lol. The city just couldn't keep up with all of the snow removal to make it safe for the schools this morning since there's like 38 schools in the district. I'm a little disappointed in myself that I slept in, right though my alarm! I was still up by 9:30 (early for my sleeping in standards, I'm so not a morning person!) but I wanted to go to kickboxing this morning at 9. I will go to the 6pm class this evening though. I got a pretty good work out in outside with shoveling though. My dad snowblowed all the major things, but I shoveled the deck, scraped the driveway down, shoveled out around my neighbors cars, and I worked on getting some of the snow off the roof. We have some major ice dams right now which isn't good because its going to start causing leaks.

I hope everyone's Tuesday has been good so far. Can't believe this day has gone by so quickly! I will try to check in again this evening before I go to bed, but if not, have a good night everyone!