Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - GRYFFINDOR

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm totally up for the exercise challenge although I don't know about being outside! It's 90 degrees here every day and I burn so easy!! I'll definitely exercise inside though :)

i dont blame you in that kind of weather! blech.
  • cartwoman
    cartwoman Posts: 64
    Options
    I lost 1.6lbs this week :D
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Last Weeks Weight - 173.1
    This weeks weight - 172.4

Total loss of 0.7lbs

I've had a tough week this week. I can't exercise to burn any of the calories that I eat so what I eat is pretty much what shows up on the scales the next week. I've had a lot of alcohol and have eaten out 3 times so some days I also haven't known how many calories I'm eating either. I've tried to pick healthier things most of the time though so I'm happy with a 0.7lb weight loss. This week I'm definitely gonna work harder on my diet for my fellow Gryffindors! It helps that I don't have any family events or outings planned! :)

Great total loss so far everyone!!
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team! Sorry for the delay (I sent a message but wasn't sure if it would be too late, so just figured I'd post here this morning) I lost 3.6 this week. Here's hoping next week is just as great! Nice loss so far everyone!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Still need weights from:
    PLEASE WEIGH IN ASAP SO I CAN CALCULATE THE PERCENTAGE LOST FOR THE GROUP!
    G8trgrl7
    chickadee2010
    swilliams26
    Crystal0584
    Fiorentina
    Motherinme
    deboyd5004
    07emeraldrose
    Dragonlew
    Nat102
    agirlfromminneso
    nekoashi
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    house leader, (uno, right?) -

just a thought that may or may not make your life easier: you might want to ask our fellow gryffindors to send you a private owl on weigh in days so you don't have to sort through all the common rubbish to find all the magic numbers you're seeking. i've found in another course of mine (the fascinating topic of muggle non-mums) that it is much easier to keep record of the necessary information in that way, and while it does keep the owlery a bit busy, it's good for business and does cut down on correspondence being as buried as a resurrection stone in an enchanted forest!

warmest regards,
    stacy
    bad *kitten* gryffindor
    :tongue:

Hey! Thanks for the idea but I think it might be too complicated that way bc I wouldnt know for sure who the person was since i get alot of messages from random people..i think it is easier to have everyone weigh in here so I know for sure they are a gryffindor and not trying to sneak in..hehe :tongue: :smile:
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Uno, I was in such a hurry this morning and forgot to weigh. I'll weigh when I get home and post immediately. If you can't wait until then, I did weigh on Saturday at 144.
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sorry I just got home! :) I just joined, so mine hasn't changed much, did a weigh in yesterday my current weight is 169 :P
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Weighed: 144.8 up eight ounces.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Come on guys! I want to see how we did! Post your numbers!! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Come on guys! I want to see how we did! Post your numbers!! :)

I second that! It's killing me that Slytherin is in the lead! :)
  • G8trgrl7
    G8trgrl7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey "Uno" lol I sent you a message today but I will post it here too. I weighed in at 200. I seriously need to get going with this. lol I would really like to do Yoga ... I need to find a class somewhere nearby. :)
  • Dragonlew
    Dragonlew Posts: 4
    Options
    My weigh in is 284 for today...last time i weighed in was last Monday of last week.
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    Ok everyone! I will calculate our percentage tonight..I know some of us had a rough week but hopefully we can kick it into gear this week! :)
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    nevermind..I just did it! We lost a total of 141lbs for all the people who weighed in this week and lost 2.513% of our total groups body weight! (only for the people who weighed in last week AND this week). WTG everyone! lets try to do even better next week! :)
  • UnoDiamante
    Options
    WAHOO!! GO GRYFFINDOR!!
    We lost a total of 141 lbs and 2.5% of our groups weight!!!

Just to make sure everyone is doing this the same, we are only using members numbers who weighed in both last week AND this week and the calculation is :

((groups weigh last week-groups weight this week)/groups weight last week) * 100= weight loss percentage

awesome work everyone!!

I think the cut off should be Monday Night at Midnight Eastern Time for weighing in.

For next week, use the most current weigh you have for each member (so for most, use this weeks weigh in as the "weight last week") this way we dont penilize anyone more than once a week for having a bad week. :)
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Looks like we smoked the competition! Let's keep this momentum up Gryffs! :drinker:

On another note, has anyone tried a new recipe yet? Tonight I'm making portobello mushroom pizzas (mushrooms grilled with tomato sauce, fresh basil, and cheese on top). We should post our recipes once we've tried them!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Looks like we smoked the competition! Let's keep this momentum up Gryffs! :drinker:

On another note, has anyone tried a new recipe yet? Tonight I'm making portobello mushroom pizzas (mushrooms grilled with tomato sauce, fresh basil, and cheese on top). We should post our recipes once we've tried them!

i'm gonna try my recipes this weekend because i won't have time to buy groceries before then :)

totally post them guys! how are we doing with the working out outside? i did a 20 minute stroll through hogsmeade last night and i think i will tonight, too!

btw, that portabello recipe sounds AWESOME!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I did my C25K training outside yesterday for over 40 minutes! Does that count as two days? lol

I also need to find some new recipes and do some grocery shopping. I actually tried a new one about a week ago and had fun trying it out.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    141 pounds?! How many of us are there? Wow!