Online Dating

Options

Replies

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    It wasn't a 'date'... but I have met up with a guy through Tinder. Luckily he looked exactly the same and had the same personality as he did online. I was 18 and he was 32- we got what we wanted out of it. I probably wouldn't do it again though. I was safe with this guy, but I don't want to ever chance it again.

Is there anyone on Tinder that's actually looking for a real life relationship? From what I've gathered, it's all about hookups.

I don't know. Talk to the guy on tinder and find out. Hookups I'm sure happen on all dating sites even the ones that you pay for.

Yeah, I know it happens all the time on all dating sites, I had just heard that Tinder was specifically for hookups. And from the experience I have had with it (literally only "swiped and matched" once) that's all the guy wanted. Granted I still have the account, only because I think it's fun to go on there and see everyone posing with tigers or a celebrity (I live near LA). :smiley:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a 'date'... but I have met up with a guy through Tinder. Luckily he looked exactly the same and had the same personality as he did online. I was 18 and he was 32- we got what we wanted out of it. I probably wouldn't do it again though. I was safe with this guy, but I don't want to ever chance it again.

Is there anyone on Tinder that's actually looking for a real life relationship? From what I've gathered, it's all about hookups.

I don't know. Talk to the guy on tinder and find out. Hookups I'm sure happen on all dating sites even the ones that you pay for.

Yeah, I know it happens all the time on all dating sites, I had just heard that Tinder was specifically for hookups. And from the experience I have had with it (literally only "swiped and matched" once) that's all the guy wanted. Granted I still have the account, only because I think it's fun to go on there and see everyone posing with tigers or a celebrity (I live near LA). :smiley:

If that is 100% true then tomorrow night might get a little more interesting than I think it will.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

No. You can date with Tinder. My little sister tried Tinder and met a rocket scientist. Seriously, a rocket scientist. He worked for Space X. She went to their Christmas party and had an awesome time.

I think it depends on what you're looking for.

• Belle8312
    Options

If that is 100% true then tomorrow night might get a little more interesting than I think it will.

LOL! Would love to hear what happens!
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This was a few years ago and not an "online dating website" story but it's the best (worst?) story I have.

I'm a total car enthusiast so I was on a local car forum and received a PM from this guy. Okay, fine.
    We talked for a while and decided to meet up and go on a date. I get into the town where we decided to meet at and he says he's having car troubles and asks me to come pick him up. Sure, no problem.
    I get to the house and this woman comes running out of the house and pounds on my window (uh, don't pound on my window or I swear I will punch you) and tells me that she is so happy to meet me and that she's so proud of her son for "getting serious" with someone so pretty.
    Oh, and she told me that they (her and her daughter - his sister) made a ROOM FOR ME IN THE BASEMENT to stay in since I lived an hour away and that I could stay there any time I wanted to.

I have never launched my car so hard in my life.

And he STILL messages me nearly 5 years later.
  • Belle8312
    Options
    sschwark wrote: »
    This was a few years ago and not an "online dating website" story but it's the best (worst?) story I have.

I'm a total car enthusiast so I was on a local car forum and received a PM from this guy. Okay, fine.
    We talked for a while and decided to meet up and go on a date. I get into the town where we decided to meet at and he says he's having car troubles and asks me to come pick him up. Sure, no problem.
    I get to the house and this woman comes running out of the house and pounds on my window (uh, don't pound on my window or I swear I will punch you) and tells me that she is so happy to meet me and that she's so proud of her son for "getting serious" with someone so pretty.
    Oh, and she told me that they (her and her daughter - his sister) made a ROOM FOR ME IN THE BASEMENT to stay in since I lived an hour away and that I could stay there any time I wanted to.

Hands down, that is the creepiest story I have ever heard.
  • yopeeps025
    edited February 2015
    Options

LOL! Would love to hear what happens!

If I could find the GIF it would be so perfect but this will do

uxmTn2its-not-a-walk-of-shame-if-im-proud-ecards-someecards.gif

I was looking for a Barney from How I met your mother walk of shame.

• lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I only met one person online and we're now married :-) We talked for a month before actually meeting in person but it was still a little bit awkward that first night. But obviously we got past it.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Is this real? :noway: His own family is blocking him LOL.
  • her4g63
    Options

Yeah, it's real. I see him regularly in the summer at car shows that I host and it's awful. Simply awful. The first time I saw him after this happened (at a night meet) he started screaming at me about how I disrespected his mom by just driving off.
    I went on a few dates with a couple guys from that particular forum and they were all creepy AF.
  • Belle8312
    Options

Yeah, it's real. I see him regularly in the summer at car shows that I host and it's awful. Simply awful. The first time I saw him after this happened (at a night meet) he started screaming at me about how I disrespected his mom by just driving off.
    I went on a few dates with a couple guys from that particular forum and they were all creepy AF.

Does he still live with his mom? LOL! :smiley:
  • yopeeps025
    Options

LOL You two still talk.
  • her4g63
    edited February 2015
    Options

Lulz, no idea. Wouldn't surprise me if he did though. I can't even begin to describe what a weirdo this guy turned out to be.
    He was so cute too.

ETA:
    LOL You two still talk.

haha, no. I try to avoid him but since I host and attend many car shows/meets/events throughout the summer, I can't help but see him. I don't talk to him at all and do my best to avoid him. He started screaming that at me when I was standing with my friends chatting.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I met my now-husband on Match.com 12 years ago. We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in July.
  • yopeeps025
    edited February 2015
    Options

Lulz, no idea. Wouldn't surprise me if he did though. I can't even begin to describe what a weirdo this guy turned out to be.
    He was so cute too.

ETA:
    LOL You two still talk.

haha, no. I try to avoid him but since I host and attend many car shows/meets/events throughout the summer, I can't help but see him. I don't talk to him at all and do my best to avoid him. He started screaming that at me when I was standing with my friends chatting.

The craziness outweighs the hotness. LOL

Now how old is this crazy guy for his family to be acting this way?

• Belle8312
    Options

He was so cute too.

ETA:
    LOL You two still talk.

That was my question! And you were wondering why I don't want someone knowing where I live! This guy ruins it for the rest of them!
  • sarahdippity74
    Options
    The one who saved his gum on the edge of his water glass was a memorable one.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

He was so cute too.

ETA:
    LOL You two still talk.

That was my question! And you were wondering why I don't want someone knowing where I live! This guy ruins it for the rest of them!

Hey now both genders have some rotten apples. I would say I would ask my date why she does not want me to pick her in but it's irrelevant. If I did pick her up then we would be late for our date.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Had a guy message me on POF and say:
    "Let's not play games. What day are you free to have dinner, a few drinks, and then screw?". That was the first message from him.

So I politely responded saying:
    "You can buy yourself dinner, buy yourself some drinks, and then go screw yourself". He had the nerve to respond to that and tell me it was a good response.

Ummm....
  • Belle8312
    Options
    Had a guy message me on POF and say:
    "Let's not play games. What day are you free to have dinner, a few drinks, and then screw?". That was the first message from him.

So I politely responded saying:
    "You can buy yourself dinner, buy yourself some drinks, and then go screw yourself". He had the nerve to respond to that and tell me it was a good response.

Ummm....

That was an awesome response! :smiley: