Online Dating

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Had a guy message me on POF and say:
    "Let's not play games. What day are you free to have dinner, a few drinks, and then screw?". That was the first message from him.

So I politely responded saying:
    "You can buy yourself dinner, buy yourself some drinks, and then go screw yourself". He had the nerve to respond to that and tell me it was a good response.

Ummm....

Now I will say that a few guys I know will say random stuff like this for laughs. It just sucks that the laugh comes at someone else expense.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Now I will say that a few guys I know will say random stuff like this for laughs. It just sucks that the laugh comes at someone else expense.

I don't exactly think he was joking with it... I can't say I was upset about it because he definitely wasn't what I am looking for. I had more fun responding to him and sassing him.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

I don't exactly think he was joking with it... I can't say I was upset about it because he definitely wasn't what I am looking for. I had more fun responding to him and sassing him.

You never know for sure. He could have been sitting around with friends saying "what is the most f up thing I can message to someone." Any ideas?

• her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    sschwark wrote: »
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    This was a few years ago and not an "online dating website" story but it's the best (worst?) story I have.

I'm a total car enthusiast so I was on a local car forum and received a PM from this guy. Okay, fine.
    We talked for a while and decided to meet up and go on a date. I get into the town where we decided to meet at and he says he's having car troubles and asks me to come pick him up. Sure, no problem.
    I get to the house and this woman comes running out of the house and pounds on my window (uh, don't pound on my window or I swear I will punch you) and tells me that she is so happy to meet me and that she's so proud of her son for "getting serious" with someone so pretty.
    Oh, and she told me that they (her and her daughter - his sister) made a ROOM FOR ME IN THE BASEMENT to stay in since I lived an hour away and that I could stay there any time I wanted to.

I have never launched my car so hard in my life.

And he STILL messages me nearly 5 years later.

Is this real? :noway: His own family is blocking him LOL.

Yeah, it's real. I see him regularly in the summer at car shows that I host and it's awful. Simply awful. The first time I saw him after this happened (at a night meet) he started screaming at me about how I disrespected his mom by just driving off.
    I went on a few dates with a couple guys from that particular forum and they were all creepy AF.

Does he still live with his mom? LOL! :smiley:

Lulz, no idea. Wouldn't surprise me if he did though. I can't even begin to describe what a weirdo this guy turned out to be.
    He was so cute too.

ETA:
    LOL You two still talk.

haha, no. I try to avoid him but since I host and attend many car shows/meets/events throughout the summer, I can't help but see him. I don't talk to him at all and do my best to avoid him. He started screaming that at me when I was standing with my friends chatting.

The craziness outweighs the hotness. LOL

Now how old is this crazy guy for his family to be acting this way?

He was 4-ish years older than me and I'll be 28 this year so 31-32. And this was 7 years ago.

ETA: I can't believe 2008 was SEVEN years ago. OMG. My first post was totally wrong - it was 7 years ago, not 5. How is it already 2015?! (:
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I met my current boyfriend on OKCupid. We've been together almost 1 year now. We took a few weeks of messaging and texting before we met in person. I liked his sarcastic personality.

I've been on all the sites, Match, POF, OKCupid. I will say that it seems like in my area that a lot of guys are on all of the sites.

I've had a couple of "winners". I had one guy that messaged me and he was quite a bit younger than me (like 10 years) and not typically someone I'd go out with. I finally agreed to a date and at the last minute I started getting emails from him (wouldn't ever give me his cell phone number) that I shouldn't come...it was a mistake...we wouldn't work out because of our different ethnic and religous backgrounds. Then...when I didn't show up at the restaurant, started getting more emails from him asking where I was, why I wasn't there. He claims he left his laptop at work that day and one of his co-workers must have hacked into his email account and sent me the emails about not coming. Whatever. I even heard from him again about a year later.
    I had another that I was chatting with that lived like 2.5 hours away and I wasn't interested in a long-distance relationship but he seemed nice enough so I gave him a chance. Then, come to find out, he was going to jail in like a month for OWI and wanted to meet me in person before he was going to be locked up so he could see if we had a connection. After a week or two of texting, he got really creepy and clingy and I just stopped responding. He didn't like it that I told him I needed "me" time. Whatever. See ya later dude! I'm glad I didn't waste a weekend (was supposed to meet him Valentine's weekend last year) going 2.5 hours to see him.
    I've had my share of guys that drank too much, wanted only sex, wouldn't leave me alone, have had to block a few.
    I've also made one really good friend that I met on Match. We actually just had lunch last Friday and we text each other every couple of days. He didn't really know what he wanted, didn't really seem to have time to date and reminded me too much of my ex-husband, so dating him didn't work out but we are pretty good friends.
    I also don't think POF is just for hook-ups. Some were...but not all. I actually liked OKCupid because of the questions it asked and you could see how the other person answered.
    They aren't all dumb a$$e$, but there is enough of them out there.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Never have but some of these are very entertaining!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I had a guy that got so mad when I wouldn't let him pick me up for our first date and told him I would meet him at the restaurant. Like he got seriously offended (because he knows what type of person he is and who he is, but if I need to meet somewhere to be comfortable then he was "okay" with it)....needless to say our first date never happened.

Men like to pick up there dates.

Not when I've never met you before. Maybe I watch too much CSI and Law and Order: SVU, but you are definitely not picking me up at my house the first date.
    Now if I knew you in person, totally different story.

I agree with Belle. I dont care how much of a gentlemen you are or how much we talked on the phone. If i dont know you then no u are not coming to my house to pick me up.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Had a guy message me on POF and say:
    "Let's not play games. What day are you free to have dinner, a few drinks, and then screw?". That was the first message from him.

So I politely responded saying:
    "You can buy yourself dinner, buy yourself some drinks, and then go screw yourself". He had the nerve to respond to that and tell me it was a good response.

Ummm....

I love that response. I can never think on my toes like that! LOL!

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Online dating is awesome! I do it all the time. As a matter of fact, I have one tonight. And another one tomorrow night!
  • sadori02
    sadori02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was dating a guy I met online for 9 months. Suddenly he reveals that his parents hooked him up with a girl form his country and he's been skyping her for a year. AND he HAS to marry her because his mom says so. :'(
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    This was a few years ago and not an "online dating website" story but it's the best (worst?) story I have.

I'm a total car enthusiast so I was on a local car forum and received a PM from this guy. Okay, fine.
    We talked for a while and decided to meet up and go on a date. I get into the town where we decided to meet at and he says he's having car troubles and asks me to come pick him up. Sure, no problem.
    I get to the house and this woman comes running out of the house and pounds on my window (uh, don't pound on my window or I swear I will punch you) and tells me that she is so happy to meet me and that she's so proud of her son for "getting serious" with someone so pretty.
    Oh, and she told me that they (her and her daughter - his sister) made a ROOM FOR ME IN THE BASEMENT to stay in since I lived an hour away and that I could stay there any time I wanted to.

Yeah, it's real. I see him regularly in the summer at car shows that I host and it's awful. Simply awful. The first time I saw him after this happened (at a night meet) he started screaming at me about how I disrespected his mom by just driving off.
    I went on a few dates with a couple guys from that particular forum and they were all creepy AF.

Lulz, no idea. Wouldn't surprise me if he did though. I can't even begin to describe what a weirdo this guy turned out to be.
    He was so cute too.

ETA:
    LOL You two still talk.

haha, no. I try to avoid him but since I host and attend many car shows/meets/events throughout the summer, I can't help but see him. I don't talk to him at all and do my best to avoid him. He started screaming that at me when I was standing with my friends chatting.

He was 4-ish years older than me and I'll be 28 this year so 31-32. And this was 7 years ago.

ETA: I can't believe 2008 was SEVEN years ago. OMG. My first post was totally wrong - it was 7 years ago, not 5. How is it already 2015?! (:

I don't know if it's so nutty for a 20 something year old guy to be living with his mother. He must have been in his 20s at that time.

Most guys in their 20s are not homeowners and market rent is impossible to pay for most people who make less than $20 an hour.

Sounds like it was more the mother who was the real kook in the equation.

Hopefully he's cut the apron strings and moved on.

Oh, no, I was completely fine with him living at home (though he did make a decent wage and probably could have lived on his own - but I didn't really care) but the whole "there's a room in the basement that they put together for me" was what did it for me. All I could think of was "it rubs the lotion on the skin" and didn't feel like being skinned alive or somethin'.
    And the banging on my window. I'm fairly nutty myself when it comes to my car. Don't. Touch. My Car.

From what I hear, he still lives at home but I can't say that with absolute certainty.

It's funny to think about now but oh my, at the time I was 100% freaked out.
  • Determined_slater
    Determined_slater Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    When I got catfished....
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Had some pretty bad ones.

Met one guyin a pub. He drank a pepsi, said "nice to meet you" and legged it to my bemusement. I did wonder what I had done but as far as I could work out...nothing...

Fair few that didn't look like their pictures.

Some marvelous freaky messages. Best being the guy who was on medication that allowed him to apparently have sex for hours...yep...that was his first message.

Just a note to guys who are sad they get no replies...I once tried to be nice and reply to all my messages...it was impossible, the sheer number of messages I got just made it totally unrealistic.
    Unless you can do something to catch attention and stand out you may just get glanced over!

And POF haters...thats what I used. I also used Match in the past. Same amount and quality of freaks on both!!

The last internet date I went on was POF, I'd been sorta putting the guy off. I'd cancelled twice with lies. I wasn't that impressed with the pitcure. Said he was 5'10. Wasn't that impressed with the conversations. But he sorta railroaded me into meeting for a drink... It was a sunday and I was bored.
    Turned out to be a damn hot, 6 foot person who was awesomely entertaining, engaging and interesting.
    The second date we went to dinner and the following one I met his entire family!
    Boyfriend for almost 3 years now...buying a house in the summer.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I never online dated and then met. If I ever become single. I think this will be my last resort. LOL
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

He was so cute too.

ETA:
    LOL You two still talk.

I don't know if it's so nutty for a 20 something year old guy to be living with his mother. He must have been in his 20s at that time.

Most guys in their 20s are not homeowners and market rent is impossible to pay for most people who make less than $20 an hour.

Sounds like it was more the mother who was the real kook in the equation.

Hopefully he's cut the apron strings and moved on.

Oh, no, I was completely fine with him living at home (though he did make a decent wage and probably could have lived on his own - but I didn't really care) but the whole "there's a room in the basement that they put together for me" was what did it for me. All I could think of was "it rubs the lotion on the skin" and didn't feel like being skinned alive or somethin'.
    And the banging on my window. I'm fairly nutty myself when it comes to my car. Don't. Touch. My Car.

From what I hear, he still lives at home but I can't say that with absolute certainty.

It's funny to think about now but oh my, at the time I was 100% freaked out.

You might enter that basement and never left to see light of day. Good Judgement call on that date.

• yopeeps025
    edited February 2015
    Options

Met one guyin a pub. He drank a pepsi, said "nice to meet you" and legged it to my bemusement. I did wonder what I had done but as far as I could work out...nothing...

Some marvelous freaky messages. Best being the guy who was on medication that allowed him to apparently have sex for hours...yep...that was his first message.

Just a note to guys who are sad they get no replies...I once tried to be nice and reply to all my messages...it was impossible, the sheer number of messages I got just made it totally unrealistic.
    Unless you can do something to catch attention and stand out you may just get glanced over!

And POF haters...thats what I used. I also used Match in the past. Same amount and quality of freaks on both!!

The last internet date I went on was POF, I'd been sorta putting the guy off. I'd cancelled twice with lies. I wasn't that impressed with the pitcure. Said he was 5'10. Wasn't that impressed with the conversations. But he sorta railroaded me into meeting for a drink... It was a sunday and I was bored.
    Turned out to be a damn hot, 6 foot person who was awesomely entertaining, engaging and interesting.
    The second date we went to dinner and the following one I met his entire family!

Moral of the story is you gave him a chance and it seems he is your NEO. I surprised after you cancelled twice that he was more persistent and kept trying.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Oh boy do I have the stories! {Un}fortunately, none of them end with me actually getting a date...

However, here's a good one... I was on eHarmony and started communicating with this guy. He lived in Florida, I live in Wisconsin. We started out talking on instant messenger then exchanged numbers and would text every so often. We'd also talk on the phone almost daily. He kept telling me that he wanted to meet me but that I'd have to come to him. He didn't make enough money to make the flight.

Communication got a little sparse for a couple weeks and one weekend I had tried contacting him with no response. Then on like Monday or Tuesday he responded and said he had gone to visit a friend for the weekend. A few days later he calls me looking for advice... ABOUT A GIRL!!!!!!! Come to find out he had flown to Michigan to meet this other chic. As soon as I found that out, I was like "we're done here." He tried a few times to contact me and I shot him down.

Have had my share of guys who were sweet and had good conversation going, but then they just STOPPED responding. I've not used any online dating for several years now.
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Moral of the story is you gave him a chance and it seems he is your NEO. I surprised after you cancelled twice that he was more persistent and kept trying.

Me too!! Glad tho! :smiley:

He's not so good with the non face to face interraction...we live 50 miles apart n only see each other at weekends and don't actually text or call that much at all!

The second date he stayed in my spare room, got home after dinner n a few pubs, i was making tea and managed to pour boiling water on his hand. Apparently he found that endearing!! I was the disaster date!!
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

Love that!!!! Glad he kept trying even after you blew him off twice. Most guys wouldn't :smiley:
  • yopeeps025 wrote: »

Me too!! Glad tho! :smiley:

He's not so good with the non face to face interraction...we live 50 miles apart n only see each other at weekends and don't actually text or call that much at all!

The second date he stayed in my spare room, got home after dinner n a few pubs, i was making tea and managed to pour boiling water on his hand. Apparently he found that endearing!! I was the disaster date!!

Have any spare luck, that you'd like to share? Since you obviously don't need anymore because I do!