Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    jldescent wrote: »
    When I'm too tired/lazy/unmotivated to make myself real food, I just throw two packs of ramen noodles in hot water, make myself feel better by using only one of the flavour packets, add some cheese and eat the whole thing.

There's absolutely no nutritional values to those, but meh, a girl's gotta eat?

Although, tbh, it does fit into my calories, on most days.

That sounds delish. I haven't had ramen in yearrrrs. Since college days probably. Hmmmm, now I'm craving it bad!
  • cammythom
    Options
    I will go to the gym for an hour plus workout and then go home and take a nap.
  • Hily93
    Hily93 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just ate a whole almond bar, I did log it though, even though I went over my calorie goal. But today I don't really care, my fitbit won't give me any extra calories if I manually enter any activity on MFP -.-''
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    Ugh, HORRIBLE confession: I've struggled with an eating disorder for years, so I have to keep myself in check. OK...my friends/family seem to always gift with food, and my co-workers always bring in baked goods. Instead of saying "no thanks," I'll actually accept it, take one bite, and then, because I KNOW my willpower is so bad, I'll dump something disgusting all over it and then throw it away (for example: cleaning spray, liquid white-out, perfume, whatever inedible, dumpable/sprayable thing is handy to make it impossible for me to take another bite). Gross and wasteful, I know, but I'm a disordered eater, so if I didn't, I'd be likely to fall into even WORSE habits, like binging/purging! Phew! Can't believe I just confessed that.

I don't think that is a bad way to deal with it. Sometimes it is easier for me to accept food from food pushers, especially for informal little gatherings at work. I take my slice of cake, walk back to my desk, and throw it in the trash can.

I did that for years, occasionally taking one bite even when I didn't want it. Then I'd bury the cake/cookies/candy with other trash in case the food pusher came by to make sure I was enjoying it (happened often). What is UP with food pushers anyway?
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Sicilian Parmesan Steak sandwich from Mr. Hero (steak, Italian sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, provolone cheese, and parmesan sauce with this awesome garlic seasoning on top of the bread) and I'm so happy that I have another half to look forward to tomorrow. :D
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    When I'm too tired/lazy/unmotivated to make myself real food, I just throw two packs of ramen noodles in hot water, make myself feel better by using only one of the flavour packets, add some cheese and eat the whole thing.

But the flavor packets are the best part! I make some for my kids for lunch occasionally and keep some of the broth and just drinking it from a coffee cup (my salt confession is on like page 20).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

But the flavor packets are the best part! I make some for my kids for lunch occasionally and keep some of the broth and just drinking it from a coffee cup (my salt confession is on like page 20).

I have a wild addiction to Trident Hot n Spicy noodles, now I buy them, throw away the noodles and have the seasoning packets with vegies :D
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    Ugh, HORRIBLE confession: I've struggled with an eating disorder for years, so I have to keep myself in check. OK...my friends/family seem to always gift with food, and my co-workers always bring in baked goods. Instead of saying "no thanks," I'll actually accept it, take one bite, and then, because I KNOW my willpower is so bad, I'll dump something disgusting all over it and then throw it away (for example: cleaning spray, liquid white-out, perfume, whatever inedible, dumpable/sprayable thing is handy to make it impossible for me to take another bite). Gross and wasteful, I know, but I'm a disordered eater, so if I didn't, I'd be likely to fall into even WORSE habits, like binging/purging! Phew! Can't believe I just confessed that.

I don't think that is a bad way to deal with it. Sometimes it is easier for me to accept food from food pushers, especially for informal little gatherings at work. I take my slice of cake, walk back to my desk, and throw it in the trash can.

I did that for years, occasionally taking one bite even when I didn't want it. Then I'd bury the cake/cookies/candy with other trash in case the food pusher came by to make sure I was enjoying it (happened often). What is UP with food pushers anyway?

I know, right? Depending on the person, I might do the throw away method or I might say no. If it's somebody who I know will raise a fuss and be a pain about it, I just throw it away. If it's somebody who I know can handle the no, I'll just turn down the food.

• roxannecarriere
    roxannecarriere Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    holly55555 wrote: »
    I went 757 calories over my goal yesterday. And it was mostly wine. Oh well ;)

Doesn't that count as fruit?!?!?! :wink:
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    mhecht32 wrote: »
    Also- I have taken to chewing gum like a ceasing smoker because it's the only way I can keep myself from eating food ALL day long. I will go through a full pack of gum in around a day and 1/2.

At least your breath doesn't stink
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My favorite confession? Using a deluxe chocolate cake, stirred with water and at a whole bowl with a spoon. Yummy!! (but, alas, those days are gone)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I've eaten bouillon cubes before. Also licked a cube of salt and drank packets of soy sauce. No excuse!
  • mhecht32
    mhecht32 Posts: 360 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mhecht32 wrote: »
    Also- I have taken to chewing gum like a ceasing smoker because it's the only way I can keep myself from eating food ALL day long. I will go through a full pack of gum in around a day and 1/2.

At least your breath doesn't stink

Lol, that it doesn't! I only like mint!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I have an entire large rubbermaid tub full of mismatched socks that I brought with me when I moved from Texas almost 4 years ago! I just keep adding to it, hoping they will mate!

Every time I throw the singles away in a 'this is ridiculous just get rid of them' spurt I find the mate stuck to a sheet or something like the very next say. Makes me nuts.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    On New Year's Eve 2011, I decided to stop drinking "for a while."

4 months in, I said "Let's go for a year."

After dropping that last stubborn 12 lbs to reach goal, and feeling FANTASTIC every day, I decided to go for 2 years...

Now it's been over 3 years & I don't miss it. At all!

Man, that's some will power right there! I envy you.

I keep trying to quit. So far this year my record is 5 days. :(
  • j9_j9
    j9_j9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was eating a WAY TOO BIG Hershey bar because I had a crap day. Father-in-law wagged his finger at me and shook his head. He is a nice man but I felt like being violent momentarily.
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I have an entire large rubbermaid tub full of mismatched socks that I brought with me when I moved from Texas almost 4 years ago! I just keep adding to it, hoping they will mate!

Single socks only mate in the wild, not in captivity. Try hanging them from the trees in your front yard.
  • ninayoungdog617
    ninayoungdog617 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So if i know i will be drinking, i usually give half of my calories for the day to red wine and eat veggies and chicken breast so that i can drink without feeling guilty

That sounds like my typical Friday night
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If there was an eating contest for animal crackers I would win hands down and Joey Chestnut would bow his head in shame. Those things are like crack to me.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I gave my wife a chocolate bunny for easter. The little *kitten* was still sitting in the house, mocking me.

I say was, cause I ate him today.