Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm still on my journey but am enjoying victories along the way such as, being able to fully wrap a regular towel around me. Not the huge bath towels but the smaller ones that used to leave a big gap. I finally went to the sauna in my gym and wasn't self conscious at all. :)
  • wick3tgirl
    wick3tgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    being able to walk those '10mins' to the bus stop much faster, I find I have time to spare by the time I get there, and my morning minutes are precious to me :)
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    Mine wasnt so much the weight loss, but the change in what i was eating. My skin cleared up, my hair stopped falling out in masses in the shower and i swear i looked 5 years younger within a week!

Me too! My skin cleared up in just a few days of watching what I eat. And so much more energy!
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It really sucks when someone comes up and says "you´ve lost a lot of weight. What´s your secret?. Come on, tell me". As if there where some miracle pill or something you can just swallow and become thin. When I answer "honestly, there´s no secret, only exercising, eating less and enduring the hunger"...(oh, the hunger) they look at me as if I were deliberatedly hiding some secret formula to myself. That sucks. It´s as if they can´t believe it´s all about my own strenght of character and resolution to be thin that made me loose the weight.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    - bony body parts
    - cold
    - shrunk feet and fingers
    - supposedly manly veins visible on forearms
    - newly found endurance and comfortable sitting positions
    - my Koss Porta Pros now fit snugly around my neck with room to spare
    - looking good in knitted caps now!!

and to top it all off with a little TMI
    - digestive system now works like a charm
    - some gentleman specific body parts look.. eh ..different in relation to the now smaller rest of the body >:)

LOL well ... good for you! The benefits of weight loss have no end! :)
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Being able to squat down & reduction of heartburn
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Feeling my collarbones and ribs.

And hips too! :D

• Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    A fabulous thread. I noticed my collar bones and firmer arms. No more bingo wings, yay!!!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    Works for women too... when that "pad" goes down, you can ...eh... feel everything more... :)

yay for the pleasures of fitness B)
  • Starrhae130
    Starrhae130 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great stories!! Gives me incentive!!! (*)
  • johhunt47
    johhunt47 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Biggest surprise was how good I actually looked in slim-shirts...they don't make many of those in 3-4XL. Much bigger selection when your a medium
  • johhunt47
    johhunt47 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Being able to squat down & reduction of heartburn

Totally didn't think about that, either. Love not being woken up in the middle of the night with my entire throat being on fire.
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If I sit in a chair with a hard back, my spine right wear by bra is rubs and starts hurting. I am also ALWAYS freezing to death!!
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    It's interesting how many people say they are freezing. Something I've become so aware of is the urge to get something to eat whenever I feel cold. I'm positive I did a lot of mindless eating in my life for the simple fact that I was cold.

Now I go put more clothes on to deal with it.
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tying shoes no longer requires some kind of side bend yoga, gardening not painful. Heck, anything involving bending down is way easier.
  • Sandysfree
    Sandysfree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have more energy! I feel so much better. I am excited to be exercising again and watching what I eat. I also found a workout friend. My son gets married in 5 months so I WILL stick with this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!