Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    freegrace wrote: »
    Sometimes when my diary says whole wheat english muffin (120 cals), what I REALLY had was 3 Dove dark chocolate caramels (120 cals). Why do I feel the need to do this?

I will ponder it while munching on a healthy whole wheat English Muffin.

This totally made me laugh/snort!!! Funny!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    There are a lot of people on MFP who are recent converts to the religion of being healthy and do things that aren't viable long term, like not counting all purposeful exercise or insisting that every gram of food that goes into their mouths is weighed and catalogued. I get it, really I do. Recent converts to any faith tend to be the most zealous. But I want to shake them and say "if you want to stay healthy, you have to have a plan you can follow THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Chill out before you burn out." It wouldn't do any good, so I don't. . .

As one of the recent converts, I try to remind myself of this every day. I don't always hit things exact in my plan, but life happens and adjustments need to be made.

YESSSSSS!!!!! :D. You made my day! You're in it for the long haul.
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    KrisAZ000 wrote: »
    I had a ton of calories left still at dinner time and wasn't very hungry. I'm so used to picking out low calorie items that I was having a hard time choosing what to eat to get in more calories. I ended up getting a pint of ice cream. I ate the whole thing, and now I'm super full and my stomach hurts, but I'm still 200 calories under and that's not including what I burned exercising. Total fail.

That's not a fail in my book if you enjoyed the ice cream!

I did enjoy it, but my stomach didn't! I haven't been eating much dairy lately, and it definitely didn't agree with me. It sure tasted good though. :)
  • letsjustgetitdone
    Options
    I love wine. I will ALWAYS love wine! lol
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get really upset and stop tracking my calories either because my "Best friend" makes me jealous and I get this idea that I'll never be thin, or because I get afraid that I will act strange when I'm thinner. I'm also afraid of how my body will look, I look at "Fitspo" pictures online and I worry that I'll have a weird body shape that I wont like. I've since stopped talking to that "friend" but I still freak out about my body shape.
  • KrisAZ000
    Options
    jms14letgo wrote: »
    Whenever I want to lose a quick 10 pounds, I have my husband hold my boobs up while I stand on the scale! :s

Bwahahahaha!!! I snorted! That would only make me lose a pound, maybe...

Me too, just a pound.. if that. Haha. :)

I can't believe I never saw this thread before. Most of these are making LOL because I can relate.. and others, well I'm not judging but I'm a bit surprised!

Last week my energy was down (not taking in enough protein and calories in general.) So I let myself off the hook all week long. I didn't exercise, and I overate. EVERY DAY!
    Monday I ate 2 brownies and 6 Lindor truffle chocolates... in one sitting.

When I "binge" it's almost always chocolate, and a bunch of it. :s

Not even a pound would come off for me. Sadly, anytime I lose weight it leaves me with a tiny upper body and still thick legs. Right now my whole rib cage shows, front and back, as does every other bone in my upper body. Still got the saddlebags though. It's a pear-shape curse.

As for the binge , I totally relate. Chocolate is my thing, and brownies are my biggest weakness. I could easily binge like that or much worse.
  • KrisAZ000
    Options
    joniemc123 wrote: »
    I hardly eat during the day so I can save my calories and binge in the evening :-/

Me too! A few hundred during the day and all the rest for dinner/dessert! We do what we've got to do! It works for me, so I'm ok with it.
  • catatonicTheorist
    catatonicTheorist Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I gained like 15 pounds over the holidays. 15 pounds. Two months. I denied myself all those Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies the year before, so last year I just said SCREW IT.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I had McDonalds for breakfast. Not even the good stuff, a deluxe brekkie roll and FIVE hash browns.

Once this was the norm. Now I feel sort of sick. I suppose the good thing is that I feel so full and yuck even now that I think I'll skip lunch...
  • lucasriggs5
    Options
    I've had about 15 accounts. I've deleted them every time I binge. Its crazy how fast you can delete and remake accounts!
  • gyal3
    gyal3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I slyly give my sister whatever it is I'm craving and then watch her while she is eating it...she has caught on, so it's harder to do, but hey it works! Feels like I ate it, craving begone!
  • KMWendorf
    KMWendorf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

I used to do the same thing. It has really helped me to actually record it so, like you said, I see it on screen and acknowledge that I actually indeed did drink those calories. Sucks, but if that's your one weekly or biweekly guilty pleasure then so be it. But log it so that you are visibly responsible for it. Once I started doing that, i stopped drinking during the week and cut out a lot of unwanted (but oh so delicious) calories. Good luck!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Today, I weighed line normal. Same as yesterday.

No way I was gonna let that fly. So I sat down and made myself poop.

Weighed again... Down a pound.

Sure I was fifteen minutes late to work, but it was worth it.

Totes worth it. I mean, you have to know your TRUE weight!

Confession: My username is WillLift4Tats, but I've become a total cardio bunny lately. Once I lost my gym membership and access to heavy weights, those tiny free weights in the corner of our living room mock me with their uselessness.

I miss lifting heavy, but not lifting at all isn't helping anything either.

Uh why did you lose your gym membership?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    freegrace wrote: »
    Sometimes when my diary says whole wheat english muffin (120 cals), what I REALLY had was 3 Dove dark chocolate caramels (120 cals). Why do I feel the need to do this?

I will ponder it while munching on a healthy whole wheat English Muffin.

When I add lemonade it's actually wine. What can I say?
  • kiwi790
    kiwi790 Posts: 10
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I stress eat like mad before an exam and don't log the calories at all bc that just stresses me out more... Then I wonder how I gain weight during test weeks lol.
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    2 years later and I still don't know what endorphins are. Or mine are broken, I'm guessing. Ok *maybe* I felt good after a workout... once. Typically all I feel is gladness that it's over (or happy I actually finished it, lol). There are some things I tolerate more than others, but nope, never been a fan - and I've tried a bunch of different things. I do it because I have to (but really only because it means I can eat more).

I'm a runner and it took about 5 years before I actually ENJOYED running (and other exercise) When I started (10+ years ago) I just tolerated exercise because I wanted to lose weight. I could only run a half lap on the track and would literally count down the seconds on the elliptical! Now I honestly enjoy the feeling of running itself (as crazy as it sounds!)

Fwiw I don't think you're "broken" I think it honestly takes a LONG time for exercise to become enjoyable and it's okay if it never is. You have to do it but you don't have to like it ;)
  • SatanTheKat
    SatanTheKat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire 'pillow pack' of pepperoni today at work. I shared with two co-workers in an attempt to lie to myself about the actual amount that entered my pie hole. :/ THEN to right what I had wronged after I felt bad, instead of logging the over 840 calories in one snack (140 calories per serving - 6 servings), I logged it as 1000 cals of spaghetti carbonara. Perhaps to teach myself a lesson? Either way...the pepperoni binge was well worth the loss of 1000 cals from my diet today. ;)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I one time ate a whole wheel of cheese and pooped in the refrigerator. Are you mad or impressed?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    2 years later and I still don't know what endorphins are. Or mine are broken, I'm guessing. Ok *maybe* I felt good after a workout... once. Typically all I feel is gladness that it's over (or happy I actually finished it, lol).

I feel the same way, with a bit of virtuousness mixed in because I didn't shirk a workout. Still waiting for the "workout high" or whatever it is.

I do like the results though. Motivation enough to keep at it.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I burned a ton of calories this morning/afternoon and I ate a light lunch. For dinner I ate almost all my exercise calories back in Chicken Alfredo and Italian bread. Great job me.