Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• lisakirt
    lisakirt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Starving mode really exists...its happening to me right now...lol.
  • jaiadams
    jaiadams Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I binged so badly right before starting a weight loss challenge at work: Burgers, fries, Pepsi, 2 cups of cream cheese icing right out of the container. All so that my starting weight would be a little bit higher and I might have a better shot of getting a higher loss percentage at the end. I know this makes no sense because it just means I have to lose that much more, but my brain refused to listen to logic :smile:
    Also, I gave all of my chocolate to my boyfriend to put on a high shelf that I can't reach until the challenge is over.
    I really worry about how badly I will fall off the wagon when it's done and I no longer have the competition as a motivator.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    jaiadams wrote: »
    I binged so badly right before starting a weight loss challenge at work: Burgers, fries, Pepsi, 2 cups of cream cheese icing right out of the container. All so that my starting weight would be a little bit higher and I might have a better shot of getting a higher loss percentage at the end. I know this makes no sense because it just means I have to lose that much more, but my brain refused to listen to logic :smile:
    Also, I gave all of my chocolate to my boyfriend to put on a high shelf that I can't reach until the challenge is over.
    I really worry about how badly I will fall off the wagon when it's done and I no longer have the competition as a motivator.

There are a couple apps you can set up to take a set amount of money out of your bank acct every time you don't work out, and give it to other people on the app who did work out. Conversely, you get paid when you do and they don't.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

[/quote]

500 calories is a super workout? I burned 1380 yesterday, and something like 1800 the day before...[/quote]

What kind of workout do you do that burns that much??!! It would take three hours at maximum intensity on an elliptical to achieve that. My boot camp personal training only burns about 600.
  • KimLitteral2009
    Options
    I'm so mad. I've been exceptionally well behaved this week. And then...well this evening happened. I feel down with a cold and my friend is in for her monthly visit...we had McDonalds for dinner. I've never downed a Dr. Pepper so fast in my life. *sigh* And now I just hate myself for it. Besides the soda, it wasn't really that good. :(
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,588 Member
    Options
    i sometimes like to eat the clumps of brown sugar out of the brown sugar container....and i dont stop till all the clumps are in my belly
  • matman2015
    matman2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will eat only a few hundred calories a day so I don't feel bad about drinking more than a few beers
  • R0RZ0R
    R0RZ0R Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turned vegan to lose weight. But almost every meal I eat enough to feed a family of four.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm a total night owl. I stay up super late for no reason even when I'm tired and I know I'll regret it the next day. Even though I know my workout will suffer and I get hungrier on less sleep. I can't bring myself to ever have an early night.
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was home sick for 4 days with the flu, and engaged in lots of unnecessary boredom eating. I couldn't bear the thought of seeing any of my days go over in calories, so instead I added a little bit of the snacks to each day over the course of the week. So now there are no days showing an entire tub of hummus or bag of mini kit kats eaten, but all of it is spread out in my calorie count for the week and I'm eating less for the second half of the week to make up for the "pre-eaten" calories from earlier in the week.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    If I'm a few calories over my allowance at the end of the day, I make a plan to seduce my husband so I can burn those extra calories off and log it as cardio. Win win!
    Oh gosh, I have to make sure my husband doesn't see that post. He's always talking about "helping" me with my weight loss;)
  • Holla4mom
    Options
    confession- when all my MFP friends have posted a workout, It makes me want to work out. even if my original plans were to be a slug lady all day.

When my MFP friends post strenuous workouts like 30DS or Insanity, I get all jealous, because I'm medically unable to do those kinds of workouts. :(

yeah I dont do those 500 calorie burn SUPER WORKOUTS. I mean like, I will do some yoga, take a long walk, do some aerobics, etc. Im no fitness icon. ;)

500 calories is a super workout? I burned 1380 yesterday, and something like 1800 the day before...
    What were you doing and for how long? I feel like I'd have to be running for my life with a small vehicle on my back to burn that much!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

What kind of workout do you do that burns that much??!! It would take three hours at maximum intensity on an elliptical to achieve that. My boot camp personal training only burns about 600.

That's because the elliptical is pretty much the easiest exercise ever.

I'm a big person, so I am probably burning more than most women. I work out for 2 hours almost every day. Those are the calories from my exercise diary--my tracker usually reads 2000-something. I do different things every day--running, swimming, cardio dance, lifting weights. I also walk a lot, very fast.

I never eat within the two hours before my workout or I WILL throw up.
  • Holla4mom
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm cold all the time as a result of health issues. But after eating, it is a shaking cold. This has made me despise eating. I have lost joy in food, because of it. I set alarms to remind me to eat.

It doesn't matter whether the food is hot or cold it still gives me the same feeling. I hate this.

This is very unusual! I've never heard of it, anyway. Do you know what causes it? Obviously, that is a personal question and if you don't want to answer I completely understand! I'm just very curious and also sympathize with you for having to deal with this.

Thyroid autoimmune disorder. Can't get meds until they determine if cancer is present in the growth I have on my thyroid. Next appointment for more testing is 6 weeks away.
    Aw, I'm praying for you that the results are good news and that you can start the medication to regulate your temperature after you eat.

• Holla4mom
    Options
    trini92510 wrote: »
    Good* luck, not food luck hahaha
    I actually thought you were being clever, "Food luck" on a calorie counting site is might fitting.

• Holla4mom
    Options
    Yesterday I drank a protein shake in the morning and ate nothing else all day so that I could have a cheeseburger and fries for dinner.
    That must have been a humongous cheeseburger and order of fries to fill out your calories for the day!

• Holla4mom
    Options
    I feel guilty after eating anything for 2 or 3 hours afterwards, no matter how light... Pretty consuming when it's all you think about all day
    Not judging here, but be aware that this could be a sign of some disordered thinking around eating so do just monitor yourself and make sure it's not headed in that direction, such as leading to restricting what you eat more and more because of the guilty feelings.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I'm a total night owl. I stay up super late for no reason even when I'm tired and I know I'll regret it the next day. Even though I know my workout will suffer and I get hungrier on less sleep. I can't bring myself to ever have an early night.

Me too lately,, UGH
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I was physically assaulted today (punched in the head) and I'm feeling ashamed that I didn't punch her right back. I'm also blaming myself for the incident, which is ridiculous and pathetic. Truthfully I'm just a huge hot mess tonight, wavering between crying and feeling unsafe and feeling angry. I almost wish I was the type to self soothe with food, so I didn't have to feel all the things I'm feeling.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I was physically assaulted today (punched in the head) and I'm feeling ashamed that I didn't punch her right back. I'm also blaming myself for the incident, which is ridiculous and pathetic. Truthfully I'm just a huge hot mess tonight, wavering between crying and feeling unsafe and feeling angry. I almost wish I was the type to self soothe with food, so I didn't have to feel all the things I'm feeling.

That's really terrible! I hope everything works out for you. Don't be ashamed that you didn't punch her back--no sense being brought down to her level.

I hope you find a way to soothe yourself tonight.