Foods that have FEWER calories than you thought

Options
1235»

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Motha-f%&*ing steamed cauliflower. And shredded parmesan. You can eat a gigantic bowl full for like 100 calories.

+1 for the shredded parm... that stuff is amazing and so low cal for how much flavor it adds in small doses

Also...someone flagged this? SMH
  • FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was really suprised how much oil is in 1 teaspoon when you actually measure it out....there's loads; so the amount needed is a lot less (therefore less calories) than I thought when I was guessing
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    kheinl wrote:
    Made with lemon,citrus, Apple cider vinegar, natural flavor. I thought the same thing but the ingredients aren't a bunch of chemicals. Sucralose is the worst ingredient. I'll take it over fat free mayo any day. See pic
    For the record, the FTC and the FDA have extremely loose standards for the word "natural" in food labels. That could mean anything. Plus, I don't like the taste of Miracle Whip in the first place...and if you do like Miracle Whip, I can see why this type of food wouldnt put you off as much.
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I second the Walden Farms line of stuff...I like their Italian dressing.
  • techreyes
    techreyes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Dq double cheeseburger I had yesterday was only 600 calories. I was shocked! I can easily make a burger at home with more calories than that.
    My wife and I have a free grill burger a week for a year from a grand opening promotion. I am getting tired of them burgers but they still fit nicely in my calorie goals on burger day.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    13728669?wid=280&hei=280

These little darlings. 250 for 6! And I don't reaaalllly need six...
  • katatoniczka
    Options
    Ketchup and mustard for sure, I was sure they were higher in calories - I love my sauce-like stuff and I was devastated when I found out how many kcal there are in mayo but I've got this two left.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, check. Another pleasant surprise for me - that should have been less surprising had I thought about it more - was whipped cream.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, check. Another pleasant surprise for me - that should have been less surprising had I thought about it more - was whipped cream.

My whipped cream story: I thought I was being so good not getting whipped cream on my latte at Starbucks - turns out I was sacrificing pure joy for just a few calories. I get skim milk, so I guess most of the calories are in the syrup. Bummer. Moral: Get the whipped.
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Shrimp! And also, as others have said, basically all fruit and veggies- except bananas.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs and drumsticks! I came over to MFP after a stint on WW and their tracker hates dark meat. Evil fat is evil, apparently.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Caramels and fish.
  • wgw866
    Options
    Ok, I am going to say it, since no one else has: lower alcohol beer. And it doesn't have to be that tasteless American style stuff either (sorry to all you Bud Light Fans, but I like GOOD beer). I live in Canada and a bottle of Arkell's Best Bitter (4.3 % alcohol) has between 105 and 115 calories. This is less than a piece of bread. Really, this can be worked in fairly easily. Yippee!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Strawberries! I was so excited to learn I could eat 2+ handfuls for under 100 cals.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Rice is one for me. I have a steamed cup of white rice for approx. 200ish calories. I pretty much have it every night.

Another is cereal. I love that I can eat a couple servings of cheerios with unsweetened almond milk and it's less than 300 calories. I usually make that an after dinner snack though.
  • shaleeny88
    Options
    Noodles from Lidl... Only 120 calories for a full plate. Usually only eat them late night when I'm almost over my calorie target and can't be bothered to work out anymore.

Also love apples!! One of the few fruit that makes you lose weight without lifting a finger And they give you more energy than an "energy drink/red bull" :-)