Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't have an oven. My kitchen only has a microwave - I have an electric grill and a toaster oven.

Also, I hate working out by myself.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Cookylela wrote: »
    After being good and eating healthy all day...........I binge at night,like right before i go to sleep. I'm trying to eat protein at night but many days I just blow it all on diet ice cream bars!!!! Just to go to sleep........so frustrated. I feel so stupid and out of control!!

Log the ice cream bars first thing in the morning, that way you already have them figured in your daily goal.

I've noticed that if I fall asleep in the living room for a half hour or so, when I wake up I'm starving. Now, could I really be starving? I doubt it. But it feels that way. However, if I go to bed as soon as I get tired instead of nodding off watching TV or reading, I don't feel the need to eat.

55835802.png

• aurora1111616
    aurora1111616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I ate 6 sugar frosted cookies today. the valentine ones at Walmart with the thick icing. if i don't physically hide them somewhere i would eat the entire container tonight.
  • AlwaysStellarSarah
    Options
    I had a Teen burger and sweet potato fries from A&W today, then went for ice cream. I've been in bed since I got home because I feel like crap. I haven't done my workout for today and feel disappointed in myself.

When my daughter (she's 6) is being bratty, I flip her off behind her back.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Since we've had a couple people confessing to sports incontinence, figure I can share the deep dark dirty...

My SO works out of town for extended periods and I occasionally send him mildly risque pics while he's away. And I'm horrified at how appallingly awful my scantily-clad derriere looks. Seriously. Not used to seeing myself from that angle and... ewwww. Frankly, I'm not sure how the guy can stand seeing me nekkid. 30 years of sitting at a desk all day has not been kind to my posterior. :'(

On the other hand, I have to say this has got to be the least argumentative and most fun thread I've seen on MFP in a loooong time.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    djmclay4 wrote: »
    I've screwed up again. Spending St Valentine's Day alone is not very fun. So I got hammered , ate as much I could, and just said 'why bother'. Because really, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Even if everything goes well for us and we lose the weight we want to lose, we are still alone with no-one to love us. Sometimes, the only friends that someone has are the substances that are slowly killing them.

So far I've managed not to eat as much as I could, but I definitely got into the red wine and a full blown pity party. And a bit of cheese. I hate Valentine's Day. All these happy lovey dovey people need to keep it to themselves!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession: people who complain about being single on valentine's day kind of bother me. They bother me more than the people who are excessively cheerful and totally buy into the hallmark consumerism.
    Like... you still get to eat chocolate. In fact, you can eat *cheaper* chocolate because you can buy it once it's on sale. You can hang out with your single friends, assuming you're not the only one. You can talk to your family. You can watch as much netflix as you want. Other people don't have a responsibility not to act all lovey-dovey* just to make me feel better about myself.

*but please no excessive make-outs in public. no one wants to see that. thx.
  • Jolinia
    Options
    Confession: people who complain about being single on valentine's day kind of bother me. They bother me more than the people who are excessively cheerful and totally buy into the hallmark consumerism.
    Like... you still get to eat chocolate. In fact, you can eat *cheaper* chocolate because you can buy it once it's on sale. You can hang out with your single friends, assuming you're not the only one. You can talk to your family. You can watch as much netflix as you want. Other people don't have a responsibility not to act all lovey-dovey* just to make me feel better about myself.

Confession, I'm judging! Bad on me.
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a large triple cheese stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese/pepperoni/black olives. Having them deliver a 2l of pepsi and a large chocolate chip cookie round with it. Damn you pizza craving, damn you! That right there is probably like 3 days worth of calories totally going to destroy my awesome 11k deficit for this week.

Oh well, if you don't satisfy the cravings when they are a mouse, they will turn into a monster.
  • antkowiak
    Options
    This past week at work was very stressful, so last night I bought very cheap vodka (like, store brand cheap), and frozen concentrated limeade, and drank more than I should have. To make matters worse, I also skipped my workout yesterday.

I atoned for it by going for doing a nice jog this morning.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

(Confession: okay, I was being a little snarky and passive-agressive. I'm a little on edge from eating more than I usually do, as well as a certain time of the month >.> I hope your valentine's day was nice anyway.)
  • Jolinia
    Options

(Confession: okay, I was being a little snarky and passive-agressive. I'm a little on edge from eating more than I usually do, as well as a certain time of the month >.> I hope your valentine's day was nice anyway.)

Oh, understandable. Glad I didn't hit PMS today, or I'd be frothing at the mouth instead of just griping about happy couples. Hope you feel yourself again soon.

By the way, cheap chocolate is not worth trading love and affection for. I would know, I did my best at one point. It's just so much simpler.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    whitters05 wrote: »
    Kontxesi wrote: »
    My confessions:

1) When it comes to discipline, I am aces at getting my butt to the gym pretty much every day of the weak. But when it comes to food, I fall woefully short. I feel as though I fell off a cliff starting with the holidays. Pizza and brownie batter have become my Saturday evening staples. :'(:'(:'(

When people ask me or my brother what our favorite dessert is and we say "brownie batter", they always look at us quizzically and say "...brownies, you mean?" No. Delicious, raw-eggy brownie batter.

While I sympathize with the weekly trap you've found yourself in, I'm glad to have found another Batter Enthusiast.

(Are you making it from scratch, or using box mix? I can't keep any sort of quick desert options in the house. If I want something sweet, I have to make it, so it happens less often. Not that brownie batter is hard to whip up....)

Terrible contribution, but I scoop brownie mix out of the box and just add a bit of water and enjoy. The bag last several servings and it tastes just as good with less calories! It helps limit me a bit, but is still terrible for me!!!

As for confessions, I hate the new fad where women who are pretty overweight call themselves curvy. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely in this bucket and I think it's important to feel comfortable in the skin you're in. But it seems like they're trying to sell being overweight/obese and make it an ideal.

I am naturally extremely curvy when I am at a normal weight and I have friends who say they are "curvy" when they mean they have gained a bunch of weight. Burns my biscuits!

When I was fat, I thought I was a large framed, hourglass figure. Turns out I have a very slight frame, and more of an olive oyl thing goin' on

Edited to add, I was a size 16 with 38 dd's.... Now I am a size zero in a damn training bra from the kids department. Lol.

I am not sure whether to tell you "yeah" on the weight loss or :( on the boobs. . .I think my friends think like you did so I don't say anything, just smile. Curvy to me is when you don't lose the DDs no matter how thin you are and when you have these big gaps in the waist of your jeans or they don't fit your hips. Hour. Glass.
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    I get curvier the more weight I lose...but I know what you mean!

Me too! Sometimes I joke that I can't afford to get really thin because the money I'd spend having my clothes taken in at the waist or dresses custom made would just be crazy. Do your boobs sort of, I don't know exactly how to explain it, but sort of. . .well, they look a touch bigger. Like you stick out the same amount at boob level but since there's less underneath, they look bigger?
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I ate 6 sugar frosted cookies today. the valentine ones at Walmart with the thick icing. if i don't physically hide them somewhere i would eat the entire container tonight.

Those are pure sugary goodness. I would have to hide them from myself too!
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Since we've had a couple people confessing to sports incontinence, figure I can share the deep dark dirty...

My SO works out of town for extended periods and I occasionally send him mildly risque pics while he's away. And I'm horrified at how appallingly awful my scantily-clad derriere looks. Seriously. Not used to seeing myself from that angle and... ewwww. Frankly, I'm not sure how the guy can stand seeing me nekkid. 30 years of sitting at a desk all day has not been kind to my posterior. :'(

On the other hand, I have to say this has got to be the least argumentative and most fun thread I've seen on MFP in a loooong time.

My suspicion is that your husband thinks a lot more highly of your backside than you do. ;) We women are highly critical of ourselves, when our husbands tend to see us in a more positive light.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options

Oh, understandable. Glad I didn't hit PMS today, or I'd be frothing at the mouth instead of just griping about happy couples. Hope you feel yourself again soon.

By the way, cheap chocolate is not worth trading love and affection for. I would know, I did my best at one point. It's just so much simpler.

The beauty is that you can have love and affection AND chocolate. I'm not saying chocolate is a stand-in, just that chocolate is awesome.

Second confession: I've used up like 7 packets of stevia in one day. Whoops.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    My suspicion is that your husband thinks a lot more highly of your backside than you do. ;) We women are highly critical of ourselves, when our husbands tend to see us in a more positive light.

You are right -- he does. And he tells me frequently. I'm very lucky that way.

(Doesn't stop me from cringing inside when I see those pics, however.)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I've discovered sprinkling milo over ice cream.Then mixing it up until it's almost a liquid.... Heavenly
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have two today...

First, I decided to go to the gym last minute tonight. I had my gym clothes from yesterday in my bag.

Of course, they were still damp from last night... And it is in the teens tonight. So I wrote frozen sweaty gym clothes. Ew.

Fortunately, there were only two other people there tonight.

And secondly, I didn't pay enough attention to my meals today (crazy day at work). I ate 2200 calories out of my 2400, but burned 1200 for a net of 1000 for the day. Oops.

Mfp says if every day was like today, I'd weight 257 lbs in 5 weeks, which would be a 23 lb loss in five weeks.

Have to do better tomorrow.