20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!
    Hope everyone had a great sweetheart weekend.

It's cold this morning..low 20's, but I know that is mild for some of you guys. For those in the storm's path, I know you will be safe and stay warm. As long as the electricity is on and you can get online to us, no worries!

Gym day Aquazumba for me! My body is fully rested, and I am looking forward to it. My daughter and I are getting massages today. We both got a gift certificate from my son and we are having a spa splurge this afternoon.

I hope you all have a wonderful, productive, and mindful day.
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    have a Blissful day. I look it up and here what they say

≡happy, joyful, satisfied, ecstatic, joyous, euphoric, rapturous a blissful smile
    marie
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday from Plymouth, where it is a balmy -3 degrees! But it's sunny so I count that blessing! Here is the Coconut Flour Bread recipe:

1/2 C Coconut Flour
    1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    5 eggs
    1/2 of either: coconut oil, melted, OR unsweetened almond milk

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the dry ingredients together, then slowly add the eggs and the coconut oil or milk. Grease and flour a bread pan and pour batter in.

Bake 40-45 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean

I ADDED: 1/2 cup sliced almonds, and 1/2 cup Craisins. Delicious!

Happy Birthday to Olga, and thanks Marie for reminding us of the birthday girls and guys.

Connie, enjoy your Aquazumba today, and your massage (I've never had one, but I have promised myself that when I hit the 20 lb loss - hopefully by Easter - I am treating myself!)

Kenea, I was an Army Brat too, so I totally get the moving around thing! But got to see parts of the world that I probably never would have otherwise B)

Love to you all, and happy, healthy week wishes!

Belinda
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I lost 1.6 pounds and got out and did some shopping. Everyone is doing really awesome including my mom Marie! I don't always get to post, but I do read all of the reports of success!
    At WW on Saturday we talked about conversations we have with ourselves - about ourselves! Our leader asked if we would say some of the things we say to ourselves to her or to anyone - of course we wouldn't! So why is it ok to say it to ourselves? No negative self - talk!
    Have a great Monday!
    Alice
    todz4x8z73fn.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks my darling daughter, Alice love you so much-momma
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday morning to all!!!
    Happy Birthday Olga!!
    Connie have a great day and enjoy your daughter and the massage.
    Thank you Marie for all your work in keeping this thread so enjoyable and helpful.
    Hope we all have a good weigh in this week. I will weigh in tomorrow.
    Quote from someone last week "Nothing tastes as good as feeling skinny feels."
    Hope everyone has a great day. We are supposed to have a line of thunderstorms pass thru this afternoon.
    Nancy
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    MsLadyPirate, that was a great article! I am going to see if I can find dance class or two that will fit into my schedule. Curves has a couple of Zumba classes each week, but the times haven't coincided with my work schedule. Plus, it might be a little intimidating - has anyone else done Zumba? Is it hard to learn?

Happy belated Birthday, Raindancer!

Belinda

Belinda, I have done both Zumba and Curves Zumba, both are a lot of fun. Not hard to learn at all, and a great workout! I like Zumba best though, just works better for me. I gave up my membership at Curves, when my local one went out of business. :neutral_face:
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies and Happy Birthday Debbie and Olga <3.

Today was my weigh in day.... And for the first time I was actually excited to see what happened on the number end of things! The week before I got myself so busy I forgot to eat a number of times, so my goal this past week was to get all my meals and snacks in. And it worked! I lost 2 pounds :D

CSW 147 (1/5/15)
    CW. 135 (12 lbs toward challenge & 15 total <3)
    CGW 127
    GW. 120

I'm doing the happy dance this morning.....so excited that I have officially reached my overall halfway mark o:)

Happy Monday everyone!

Tami~ Pac NW
  • MsLadyPirate
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Great article Valerie. I went to a Zuma class on Saturday. It was fun and I was sweating my tushie off. Some of the moves were a little riskey for me so I did my own alternative conservative moves. So that is my plan to get my five days of exercise in a week. I looked at the schedule for my gym and put the times on my phone calendar.

Way to go Sunnyfarm! They say the best exercise is the one you like to do! "Alternative conservative moves" are an excellent solution to the risky moves. Good for you for trying!
    Valerie
  • MsLadyPirate
    Options
    Connie, Aqua-Zumba sounds like a lot of fun, and easier on the joints than regular Zumba. I do water aerobics in the mornings on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in the winter. When we get back to our summer home I will look for an Aqua-Zumba Class.
    Valerie - Arizona
  • MsLadyPirate
    Options
    For all of you that are having bad weather I couldn't resist how we here in AZ think of Blizzards. No it is not on my diet.

qrhiris63zbb.jpg

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy Connie is really the backbone of this thread I go to the eye doctor March 10. to see how my eyes are doing. I may have to cut out most of my posting. For it is harder to see the print. When they did cataract surgery on my left eye it exploded and had to go to a specialize to get all of it pick out and left me blind in that eye. My right eye is slowly getting worst. I am hoping Connie will take Charge when we change over to July. will you Connie. We all love you.
    . Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie,
    Sorry about your eye problems and pray it will get better. You do so well with all you do on this thread.
    You are so kind and thoughtful. We seem like family on this thread.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Morning,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO the ladies in our group.

Happy Family Day to all our Canadian people today who have it off. Hubby and I went out for breakfast but hard to find a place that was open.

It's -7 F today but sunny. My day is getting on my bike (turbo trainer) and doing some laundry and practicing my choir music, I have choir practice on Tuesday.

This is my last week before vacation so i will be on top of things and try to lose another pound this week. My hubby just told me some of his shorts are still tight and some are okay. On goes the battle of the bulge. He does not exercise at all, so just watching what he eats. I exercise 6 days a week and watch what I eat and he still loses more than me. REALLY?

Enjoy your day, it is -7F this morning but sunny.

BELINDA - Your bread recipe looks delicious, and we lost the hockey game again.
    The FLYERS won 2 to 1. I didn't realize we were at the bottom of the league. wth!
    It's been 10 years since I went to a game.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just got a message from Fitbit that I won Gold in the Weekend Warrior Challenge with 20,217 steps! I forgot I signed up so Happy Day! That's a great incentive to walk even more - I can so this!
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble posting so this is a practise post to see if it works.
  • MsLadyPirate
    Options
    It worked Abakan! :D
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Belinda, I absolutely love Zumba it can be difficult if you make it difficult but it's very easy to modify and go at your own pace so it's good for people if all fitness levels. I think it's a blast! I'm going tonight and I can't wait. I think I may be a tad addicted :)
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've posted twice in the last two days and neither post has shone up on the thread, all seems to be working at the moment so here go's.

I'm pleased to say I've finally lost 1lb after not having lost anything for weeks, all my fault of course I just wasn't sticking to my calorie allowance so I recommitted to the challenge last Thursday and straight away the plan is working. Had a bad weekend because of a tooth abcess, the dentist has given me antibiotics so hopefully I'll be better tomorrow to go to work, I haven't done any exercise for three days because it was to painful.

Wow beszmytke the gold award, good going, fantastic.
    I love the bread recipe you posted but i'll have to shop for the ingredients before I can have a go at making it.

Marie... good to know your happy scales are on the downward trend long my it continue, I'm sad to hear of your eye problems I hope they make a good job of the next op.

Have a nice Monday all.
    Linda UK.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the bad weather. It is in the 70's in CA. I planned to go take zumba but my sister asked me to go walking with her this morning. We went 3.44 miles. One day of exercise down. :) and 32 oz of water so far.