Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, in this area, it pretty much has to be cold turkey. It was the same way with soda; all or nothing. I'll still allow myself to eat out, just not at fast food joints.

Took the first two steps toward this goal already: made out my grocery list/meal plan while waiting for the media logs at the police department (oh, the glamorous life of the newspaper reporter!), then went straight to the store once I was done at the PD and bought groceries. I need to write up a story from an event today and get that filed, then I'll clean out the 'fridge and prep what needs prepped.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @melissa--I find that, personally, cold turkey works fine for me if there's an end date. Saying I'll never be able to have/do something again, is a sure-fire way to get me to want or do it (I'm a rebel that way :wink: ). However, if I tell myself I can't have/do something for x amount of time, I can resist b/c I know it's not forever. I quit smoking by using an ecig, and telling myself I could have a real cigarette any time I REALLY wanted one, and I didn't smoke at all for about 6 months. Now, I still have that rule, and I still smoke when I'm with friends who smoke, but that's a lot better than the daily smoker I used to be.

@hansea--Recently, I've found I only stress eat when I can't keep physically busy. So if I'm stressed at work, I try to do some tasks that require I walk to another area (dropping off things in the office, or going to the copy room, etc.). But if I'm stuck in a meeting and stressed, I just keep snacking and snacking. That's been my downfall lately. I've been trapped in these bargaining meetings with no ability to leave and all kinds of snacks available. I can't wait until they're over, but until then I need to practice more self-control.

Sunday Share:
    Having a really relaxing weekend, just putzing around the house and getting my grading done. Today, I finished most of the thesis statements and may still do more tonight. Tomorrow I plan to go get my oil changed, so will probably get more done while I wait at the dealer.

I will also go to the gym tomorrow and possibly walk gunner if the temps improve at all. It was bitterly cold here today with wind chills at -20F plus flurries.

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 25/64 BNW journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses
    3. x/60 Gatsby journals
    4. 40/60 JRP thesis statements

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--gym
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- meeting
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share:
    mfp-cupngdibw0ew.jpg
    .vanillaforums.com/editor/24/7dezpcc59k3w.jpg

I am Barb and I have been around here since around Halloween time last fall. I have had some success, some stumbles, but am down a few pounds and have many more to go. My husband and I own a small business that we run in the house so I keep busy.

@Kaye Oh how exciting your post was this morning. It was really an inspiring one for me.

@Niki Hope I didn't drag you down. I know I haven't been quite my cheerful self this past week.

AFM: I was a bit under the weather this week (and complained to Niki) but am feeling much better. Today we had a great day! It was a gorgeous day so after brunch at a little country restaurant where they serve way too much food (I had a NSV there having a veggie omelet and whole wheat toast instead of all the waffles, pancakes and piles of goodies) we drove over to Lake Michigan which is not too far away. We walked on the beach and just enjoyed the fresh air and beauty of the place. It is a favorite haunt of ours and we go whenever we can. Followed that by a stop at the library for some good reading.
    dq1hwimfzb56.jpg
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @mountmary ... Barb .... I love your pixtures. How wonderful the beach scenes are, even in cold weather.

And no ... you did not drag me down .... I hope you don't think I was talking about our conversation on FB .... and if you did, then shame on me. I was whining about all the friends who posted on FB complaining about the weather, and their no-goodnick ex's, and how they hate winter already and nothing is going right for me, why me ... type stuff. Then I went on the messages pages, there wasn't much going on here so I hopped to some others I follow .... and it was whine, whine, whine .... and I wanted to yell at everyone by then.

Like I said, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today ... or I must have to be so disagreeable in mood and temperament!

But I feel fine now .... so that's a good thing.
    Niki
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Niki You are the greatest! You are allowed to be grumpy sometimes too. Interestingly, I have a friend from college I heard from today and that was quite negative and I commented to DH how much happier I am here where people are actually trying to accomplish things and are generally cheerful. And you are among the best of the best my friend.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options

Barb- Love the pictures you posted, you look great.

Lori- Have you tried Sudafed that you purchase from behind the counter. It was recommended to me by my doctor's wife and it has done wonders for me in the last couple of days. My cold/sinus infection is starting to disappear and I am not as tired this weekend. No prescription needed but you need to show your driver's license to get it, it is the good stuff.

Karen- Good luck with your grading tomorrow. Hope you are able to get it finished. I am also getting my oil changed tomorrow and my car checked out.

Kaye- Great job on your 10k walk. You are doing amazing and have come extremely far.

Mrs. Morgori- Congrats on your weight loss. That is an awesome accomplishment.

Thriving- Welcome to the group. Hope you come back often and post. This is a great place to ask questions.

Sunday share- I am Laurie and have been a part of this thread for about 4 years now. It has been a source of inspiration and support. I have lost about 70 lbs but right now I am experience an uptick in weight. I figure it has something to do with feeling sick this past week with a sinus infection. My exercise has been down all week and I took 3 days off in a row. This weekend was a 1-1 for workouts. Hopefully, I will be back to full strength this week but work might keep me busy.

Today, we are dealing with extremely bitter wind chills that are below 0 and we had snow last night. I did some shoveling today and trying to get rid of the ice from the sidewalk. I did make it to the gym today for an easy workout- just walking and a little bike riding (indoor). Tomorrow, I meet with my trainer so that should be a great workout. Then my area is expecting a snowstorm Monday night into Tuesday so a 3 day weekend could become 4 or 5 depending on the amount of snow. Personally, I hope it misses us again because my thoughts are on June and getting out on a reasonable date (June 12 at this point). I don't want to it go all the way to the 19th.

Have a great President's day for those of you are off enjoy the day.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound‌ I hear ya about the flowers, they're so a waste of money because they just die in a few days! Although I do love them in the summer when going to the farms that have pick your own bouqet fields.

@ThrivingforMe‌ Welcome aboard! I know how you feel about being overwhelmed. I have tried and given up more times than I can count, but you just have to find a place within yourself where you really want to do this for you and you will find your motivation and stick with it. Biggest thing, just make small attainable goals so you're less likely to fail and give up. That is what has worked for me.

@NK1112‌ The c25k program helps you go from walking to running a full 5k or 30 minutes straight. It goes by running and walking intervals. You start with a 5 minute walking warm up, and then do intervals. The first week you do 8 1-mintute running intervals followed by 1.5-minute walk intervals. Each weeks it builds up to more running and less walking until you run for 30 minutes straight. The good thing about it is you can do it at your own pace.

@grandmakaye44‌ congrats on your 10k, thats amazing!

@melifornia‌ I like your Lent goal, I am thinking of doing the same. I definitely need to do soda. I don't drink a ton of it but I shouldn't be drinking any. Let's do this together!

AFM - It was another crazy busy weekend for me filled with yet another blizzard last night into this morning. We got another foot of snow, but now its the crazy wind and cold that sucks. More snow to come Tuesday/Wednesday. I just hope we don't have any snow days this week since I need a full week pay check, esp since we have vacation next week which I don't get paid for. Yesterday I went to kickboxing in the morning, after I went Friday night so I was pretty sore. But then I also did a group workout with my softball kids on Saturday afternoon. Lets just say when I had rounds of doing push ups, I had to do an alternate exercise because my arms were dead. My nutrition hasn't been that great this weekend either. Tonight I went out to dinner with my parents to The Longhorn and didn't make the best choices. Time to get back on track tomorrow!

Saturday Success - Wednesday evening when I went to my nutritionist, I didn't make my weight loss goal she set for me, but I did lose 4lbs of fat when she did the body comp for me. So that was nice to see that I finally have things going in the right direction!

Sunday Share - Hmm so a little about me. I'm Erin from New Hampshire. I'm 31 and work at my old high school as a special ed paraprofessional. This year I am a 1 on 1 for a visually impaired student who is a senior. Last few years I've worked in the downs and autistic program and I love working with those kids. I think my biggest share and one of my biggest struggles is that I have rheumatoid arthritis. I have had it since I was 18, and got it my first year of college. Because of my struggles with it, especially at that time in my life, I have battled with depression along with it. Its hard to have a very active lifestyle, playing two college sports to being told I will never be able to run or play sports again. And the hardest part was being put on many different medications and all of the testing them out to see what works. I have learned to deal with it over the years, but at times it still gets very frustrating. Especially my many rounds of steroids I've been on and that being a big part of my weight gain. I had it in control for a while, until last year around March/April when I began a series of bad flare ups. Then it came down to my shots I had been taking for about 10 years had stopped working. My doctor wanted me to start a new medication but the insurance denied it so for almost a month and a half I was on nothing but the steroids. It was awful. And that just triggered a whole lot for me last year. I was so happy to kick 2014 to the curb! So that is part of my story.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--I saw on the news this morning that you have a storm headed your way. Hope it misses you so you don't have to go into the next week in June. We are currently scheduled to get out on June 10th and with only 2 emergency days left, the latest we can go to is the 12th.

@barb--love the pictures. Was it as cold up there in WI as it was here in Chicagoland?

@kelley--I've been meaning to ask if you ever cleared up that weird text exchange with your trainer. It seemed so very odd when you described what happened--almost like he may have been confused about who he was texting.

AFM--well, my plan to do more grading fell apart when I started watching the 40th anniversary of SNL. So many great memories from when I was a little kid! Perhaps I will invoke my mantra and just spend 15 minutes on those thesis statements...

February Challenge:
    Under weekly calorie goal: 1/4 weeks
    All-in strength challenge=balance exercises 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 2 x/week:
    Week 1: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 balance; PT DONE; 2/2 runs
    Week 3: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    Week 4: x/3 balance; PT; x/2 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47,1/25 = 55:41)

Grading Goals:
    1. 25/64 BNW journals
    2. x/12 poem analyses
    3. x/60 Gatsby journals
    4. 40/60 JRP thesis statements

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--gym
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- meeting
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments on the 10k. My official time is 1:58:38.2. I was so excited when I crossed the finish line, knowing that I had at least made my 2 hour goal, that I nearly cried. My Sunday share is that in August 2012 I couldn't walk 1/4 mile. In preparation for knee replacement surgery, I decided to try to lose some weight. I am 5' 1" tall and weighed 265#. My daughter suggested that I needed a plan. That's when we found MFP. A few days later I found this thread. I had that knee surgery in October, and the next one the following June. I lost 85# the first year. I chose walking as my exercise. I love
    walking with members of my family or by myself. I now weigh between 170 & 175 pounds depending on the day. I haven't really lost anything for several months. I want to lose 15# more. If I keep trying to lose it, at least I won't gain.
    Today was a total bust for my goals, but it was a good day and we enjoyed the family, the homemade lasagna and homemade German chocolate cake. I definitely need to get back in the groove tomorrow.
    Thanks, everyone for being here and inspiring me to keep going.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @New People- Welcome
    @grandmakaye- Congrats on the 10K and a huge accomplishment in 2.5yrs
    @karen- The Dalmatian was adorable. Budgeting and working on your goal that is good. No doubt when people start to budget they realize they spend more than what they thought on side things.
    @hansea- I have had similar situation where I lose about 15-20lbs and stop tracking and bam! I am back at the starting point.
    @mountmary- Like you new pics.
    @Mrs.Morgori- Congrats on the weight loss
    @All in the way of snow storms- stay safe and warm

AFM- Well the weekend started out with lots to do….but I procrastinated and my homework suffered because of it. Good thing no school tonight I can start writing that paper I was supposed to do this weekend. Saturday was nothing special just another day…however I did do some research online on how to start building my confidence back up to where it was along with myself esteem. Sunday was just blah I noticed I did a lot of grazing verses actual meal eating. It has become bitterly cold here again. I will meet with the budgeting counselor for my housing program this week to see where I need to fix my credit and learn how to save while fixing it. Marcus the man who runs my program wants to meet on Thursday to chat about refinancing so I can get off the program. I hope that once he sees the financial counseling update he will stop trying to push the refinancing.
    I will share about me for Sunday- I am Holly 41 yrs old been on here 3-4 yrs. Loss about 15-20lbs than think I have it under control and gain right back, so I continue to try to get past the hump. I am a single mother of an 18yr old boy, work full time, go to school part time and have a lovely 1.5 yr old shepherd mix puppy to love and play with. I live in Minneapolis, MN and love the inner city wouldn’t trade it for anything.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Monday - check in (how are you doing? Any successes or struggles this week-end.)
    - I neither lost nor gained any weight this week, but stayed the same
    - my calories were all within goal so I'm not certain as to why I stayed the same however ...
    - While I shoveled a lot of snow this past week, I did not go to the gym and I did have 3 meals that were 'restaurant' instead of home-cooked.

A struggle I had this week-end was feeling very bloated and I wonder if it is from milk. I love milk, but had run out of it for a week. Then I shopped and picked some up and then noticed a couple of days later, after having at least 1 cup every day, that my tummy above my naval was rounded out instead of not. Will have to stay away from my favorite drink besides water and see what happens.

A success i had this weekend was I home-cooked all my meals.

Have a good week everyone!
    Follow-through (2015 motto)
    Niki
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Sorry I was MIA this weekend, just needed the weekend to reflect about everything that went down with my trainer last week. We haven’t actually talked, but we emailed a lot over the weekend and seem to have worked things out, so I hope we’re able to move forward. He has his own personal training studio, so know he’s concerned about money—when one of his biggest clients decided not to renew in March I think it just snowballed and his anxiety grew exponentially. That client is also a workout buddy, so think he was crushed. I understand his anxiety but it’s not an excuse to talk (i.e. text) me the way he did. I've given him some financial advice and he did apologize; although, I'm not sure our relationship will be the same. :frowning: I think there will still be some tension so I’m taking a break (may try to go back on Thursday) just to kind of let things settle. If/when I go back I’m scaling back to twice a week. Yesterday was the first Sunday where I've had a rest day in a long time—it felt good to go to church, have lunch with my church family and then just putz around the house to get ready for the week.

@Lori~I am trying to forgive my trainer, he did apologize—so it’s a start. I just hope we are able to move forward, somehow I don’t think the relationship will be the same though.

@Kaye~Congrats on your 10k time, great accomplishment! :star:

@Karen~Yeah, I thought he was confused too. He’s worried and I think he took it out on me instead of his wife—he did apologize; I hope we are able to move forward. I got wrapped up in the SNL 40th anniversary show last night too—forgot about some of those skits!

@mountmary84 (Barbara)~Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!

AFM~Trainer drama aside, it was a good weekend. The weather was really nice here; I gave myself some much needed rest this weekend. Like I said, taking a bit of break from trainer so will do some weights/strength training on my own this week. I need to decompress from work and other stresses so taking some time off work, Friday and then Monday for a 4-day weekend—not much planned.

February all-in Challenge:

Carbless Mornings: 13/28
    Dairy-Free: 9/28 (Goal is 14/28)

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Rest Day DONE!
    Monday~Cardio at Gym
    Tuesday~Strength/Weights at gym
    Wednesday~Cardio at Gym
    Thursday~Trainer(?) or Strength/Weights at gym
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Walk w Friend
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    NK1112 wrote: »
    A struggle I had this week-end was feeling very bloated and I wonder if it is from milk. I love milk, but had run out of it for a week. Then I shopped and picked some up and then noticed a couple of days later, after having at least 1 cup every day, that my tummy above my naval was rounded out instead of not. Will have to stay away from my favorite drink besides water and see what happens.
    Niki

Absolutely! I've gone dairy-free and on Saturday I had a frappacino from Starbucks, I was miserable Saturday night. I knew I was already lactose/casein intolerant and after a few weeks of avoiding all forms of dairy, it was evident! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't like milk (never have) so staying away from it was easy for me--but I do like yogurt and cheese so that's a bit more difficult.

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy "Presidents' Day"
    Washington's Birthday is a United States federal holiday celebrated on the third Monday of February in honor of George Washington, the first President of the United States. Colloquially, it is widely known as "Presidents Day" and is often an occasion to remember all the presidents, not just George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, whose birthday is also in February. The term "Presidents Day" was informally coined in a deliberate attempt to use the holiday to honor multiple presidents and is virtually always used that way today.
    With official names including Presidents' Day, President's Day and Washington's and Lincoln's Birthday, the day is also a state holiday in most states. It officially celebrates, depending upon the state, Washington alone, Washington and Lincoln, or some other combination of U.S. presidents. Some states celebrate Washington and the third president Thomas Jefferson but not Lincoln. Both Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays are in February. In historical rankings of Presidents of the United States Lincoln and Washington are frequently, but not always, the top two presidents.
    Although Lincoln's birthday, February 12, was never a federal holiday, nearly half of the state governments have officially renamed their Washington's Birthday observances as "Presidents' Day", "Washington and Lincoln Day", or other such designations. However, "Presidents' Day" is not always an all-inclusive term and might refer to only a selection of presidents.
    In the following states and possessions, Washington's Birthday is an official state holiday and known as:
    Using "president"
    • Presidents' Day in Hawaii, New Mexico, North Dakota,[5] Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, and Washington[6]
    • President's Day in Alaska, Idaho, Maryland, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wyoming
    • Presidents Day in Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, and Oregon
    • Washington's Birthday/President's Day in Maine
    • Lincoln/Washington/Presidents' Day in Arizona
    Washington alone
    • Washington's Birthday in Massachusetts
    • George Washington Day in Virginia
    Washington and Lincoln
    • Washington and Lincoln Day in Utah
    • Washington–Lincoln Day in Colorado, Ohio
    • Lincoln's and Washington's Birthday in Montana
    • Washington's and Lincoln's Birthday in Minnesota
    Washington and another person
    • George Washington/Thomas Jefferson Birthday in Alabama
    • George Washington's Birthday and Daisy Gatson Bates Day in Arkansas
    Several states honor presidents with official date holidays that do not fall on the third Monday of February. In Massachusetts, the state officially celebrates "Washington's Birthday" on the same day as the Federal holiday. State law also directs the governor to issue an annual "Presidents Day" proclamation on May 29 (John F. Kennedy's birthday), honoring the presidents with Massachusetts roots: Kennedy, John Adams, John Quincy Adams, and Calvin Coolidge. In California, Connecticut, Missouri, and Illinois, while Washington's Birthday is a federal holiday, Abraham Lincoln's birthday is still a state holiday, falling on February 12 regardless of the day of the week. In New Mexico, Presidents' Day, at least as a state-government paid holiday, is observed on the Friday following Thanksgiving. In Georgia, Presidents' Day, at least as a state-government paid holiday, is observed on Christmas Eve (Observed on the prior Thursday if Christmas falls on Saturday; observed on the prior Friday if Christmas falls on a Sunday. If December 24 is a Wednesday, then this holiday is observed on Friday December 26.)

“Processed foods not only extend the shelf life, but they extend the waistline as well.” ~Karen Sessions

Tom
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all,
    @kah - No the relationship will not be the same, maybe you can come to a working relationship. Different but still good.
    @Niki - I developed lactose intolerance in my adulthood. I can drink maybe 1/2 cup of milk at most occasionally. Any more than that and I do suffer.

AFM - made it to the gym this morning, a little cardio and stretching was all I could manage. This sinus stuff is starting to wane so I am hoping to be up to scratch for the trainer in the morning. I did weigh in and even with eating badly, not exercise for 6 days I still weighed in at the same as last week. So I am trying not to take that as an excuse to continue to eat badly. Only as a sign that I got away with it this time.
    I see the counselor today at 1, I am hoping to define my life goals for the next few months. There is much turmoil in my life and in my head, I want to organize it a little better so I can make a strategy for myself. This sounds so meaningless or trivial when I write it down. I have to remember my life is important, my happiness is important, I am important. Putting me last is how I got to 297 pounds. Now I want to live life so I am satisfied and not mindlessly eating to fill the time and the hole in my happiness.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @cblue315 - Congrats on getting to the gym! The first session back is the hardest. And I'm glad you're seeing the counselor this afternoon. Remember, you get out of it what you put in, so be as honest and willing to go where s/he leads you as you can. You ARE important. Your happiness IS important. You know that saying, "If mama ain't happy, nobody's happy?" it's the truth. *hug*

@kah68 - Glad you were able to get clarification from your trainer. He was totally uncool taking things out on you, but perhaps a silver lining here is more open communication?

@ereilly311 - Challenge accepted! :smile:

Monday - check in (how are you doing? Any successes or struggles this week-end.)

Off to a late second start today. I got up at 6AM and did my Miracle Morning routine (today's yoga focused on the hips; yow, I needed that!), then took care of emails and decided to sit down to finish the last few pages of a book and...fell asleep. Oops! Woke up around 9:30 and have been trying to get my head in the game. I need to get 2 articles out the door today, plus set up some other interviews, do a little bookkeeping (ugh), run errands, see my therapist, and hit the gym. Also have a phone meeting with my accountability buddy in about an hour. Happy Monday!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Man- I had a come to jesus moment with my son at 4:30am this morning when he wan't to act all entitled to my car the one I worked hard to pay off, the one I fix all issues with, the one he drives more than me. I actually put him out the car about 3 blks from work in -4 temp he has already texted to apologize for his behavior tho. I am still mad so I told him we would talk later but I am not one of 18yr old friends and if wants to talk to me like I am be prepared to start riding the city bus on a regular basis.
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @kah68‌- in my opinion that trainer sounded like he was drunk texting. He sounds extremely unprofessional. His problems should not be your problem. There's 2 kinds of people you're not supposed to be buddy buddy with and that's your kids and your clients. If it was me I'd be questioning why his client quit in the first place. Was he doing this to others? Also he loses a client so he expects you to pony up? That seems wrong to me. He's so concerned about money, then he jumps all over you? How does that help his business? Does he want you to drop him in the dirt too? I think (here comes the unsolicited advice) that I would start typing his name into google and see if you find a yelp page on him or some kind of reviews. Then decide if you want to continue this business relationship. I understand there's a contract involved so I don't know if it's possible for you to just quit. I would definitely shop around for a new trainer and just see what's out there. No harm in looking!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in: Still at 266. Lent starts this week, so that usually works in my favor on the scale, as I spend more time praying and less time eating. Meatless Fridays and occasional fasting help, too.

@skinny - I also benefit from staying on my feet and staying busy during the day at work. I actually can't eat while I work in the lab for safety reasons. My stress eating doesn't usually start until after I get the kids in bed at night. I think I could eliminate it almost completely if I started going to bed right after the kids! I sometimes go out on my lunch hour and 'reward' myself for a rough morning with fast food, but it's much more likely that I 'unwind' with something crunchy or sweet at night. When I keep a good handle on my bedtime routine, things are much better...packed lunch and to bed early are the remedy. I just need to stick to it!

February:
    Calorie Goal- 5/15
    Exercise Goal- 5/12
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-180/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 150/165
    Back- 150/165
    Triceps- 80/90
    Biceps- 80/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    hansea47 wrote: »
    Monday Check in: Still at 266. Lent starts this week, so that usually works in my favor on the scale, as I spend more time praying and less time eating. Meatless Fridays and occasional fasting help, too.

@skinny - I also benefit from staying on my feet and staying busy during the day at work. I actually can't eat while I work in the lab for safety reasons. My stress eating doesn't usually start until after I get the kids in bed at night. I think I could eliminate it almost completely if I started going to bed right after the kids! I sometimes go out on my lunch hour and 'reward' myself for a rough morning with fast food, but it's much more likely that I 'unwind' with something crunchy or sweet at night. When I keep a good handle on my bedtime routine, things are much better...packed lunch and to bed early are the remedy. I just need to stick to it!

February:
    Calorie Goal- 5/15
    Exercise Goal- 5/12
    Lift Goal:
    Leg Press-180/200
    Squats-180/200
    Abs- 150/165
    Back- 150/165
    Triceps- 80/90
    Biceps- 80/90

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

Not sure if you like Chaboni but they have a new caramel crunch, the choc loco will help with the night time sweets. Fast food is my issue and I am learning to make breakfast on the weekend for the week and then eat it at the office being I can't eat earlier than 7am. That maybe and option you try for breakfast at least it isn't full of sodium and fat like the fast food.