Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My little brother had a thing when he was small that he would not eat a broken biscuit (cookie). We had a biscuit tin and we were allowed two when we got home from school. If my brother had done something to annoy me the previous day, I would snap every single biscuit in two when no-one was looking. No biscuits for him and my mum would blame him for being fussy.

I also had a baby brother who would eat anything you put in front of him. So he'd be scarfing down his yoghurt while my elder brother and I dilly dallied over the cold peas we were determined not to eat. And while he was looking the other way, we'd mix our peas into his yoghurt. I reckon he thought lumpy pea yoghurt was a legitimate thing until he was at least 4 or 5 years old.

I'm an evil big sister.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Although all this evil sibling behaviour does make me ponder what my elder brother used to do to me when I was a sproglet. Here's hoping our smaller age gap meant he never had the chance to develop as much maliciousness as me!
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    LizN63 wrote: »
    When I'm craving something sweet i eat spoonfuls of jam (jelly for Americans) out of the jar.

/pedant on. Jam is made from the fruit, jelly is made from juice. Two different things in 'Murica
    Same in UK (though jam is fruit AND juice).

I used to think in America, jam and jelly (and the other sort of jelly) were all called jello.

When I was in elementary school in Real America, we 100% learned that British people call jelly "jell-o."

That's so funny.
    My mum also told us with great certainty that Americans all cut up their food at dinner time before they start eating, then put down the knife and eat only with their forks.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I went on a cruise with my husband last month. I gained ten pounds, he didn't gain an ounce. I was so pissed I told him I had a UTI and couldn't have sex for ten days.

I legit LOL'd at this. Hilarious.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I went on a cruise with my husband last month. I gained ten pounds, he didn't gain an ounce. I was so pissed I told him I had a UTI and couldn't have sex for ten days.

I legit LOL'd at this. Hilarious.

Me too!

I focus too much on food during movies or shows. The only person I can relate to is Dean Winchester (again. Even if it makes me crave... stuff). The others will have some delicious food, have a bite, and put it away... WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving something sweet i eat spoonfuls of jam (jelly for Americans) out of the jar.

/pedant on. Jam is made from the fruit, jelly is made from juice. Two different things in 'Murica

I used to think in America, jam and jelly (and the other sort of jelly) were all called jello.

When I was in elementary school in Real America, we 100% learned that British people call jelly "jell-o."

That's so funny.
    My mum also told us with great certainty that Americans all cut up their food at dinner time before they start eating, then put down the knife and eat only with their forks.

I used to try to do this when I was a kid. I was informed that it was poor table manners and to stop. So no, Americans know that rule.
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know, the 'no-knife rule' came as a great surprise to my American sister-in-law.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many of you though Shrimp Cocktail was an alcoholic beverage
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession - peanut butter, brown sugar sandwiches for dinner. Nuff said, right?
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I went on a cruise with my husband last month. I gained ten pounds, he didn't gain an ounce. I was so pissed I told him I had a UTI and couldn't have sex for ten days. [/quote

ha ha ha!
  • shannonbrink92
    Options
    This is my favorite forum on here! I love all of you and don't ever be ashamed to slip up! No ones perfect.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I ate a chocolate bar for breakfast, after preparing the children healthful breakfasts and dropping them at school.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

That's so funny.

I used to try to do this when I was a kid. I was informed that it was poor table manners and to stop. So no, Americans know that rule.

I still like to do this at home but I try to have "better manners" when I am out. I don't know why it is considered bad manners to be efficient.
  • shannonbrink92
    Options
    Since I went out for a run/walk this afternoon in single digit temps and blowing snow, I decided I would have a tiny salad and HUGE dessert for dinner. It was a layered bar of M&M cookie, Oreos and brownie then I put cherry cordial ice cream on top. Great trade off for the whopping two miles I did. Soooooo good.

Confession: I am pretty sure that I would throw up if I ate that.
    I'm not the only one who's made this- I actually found it in the database under Slutty Brownies :D

Confession: I prefer to do slutty things instead. Burns more calories. :)

Bahahahaha I LOVE this response!!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've let stress in my life get me off track and I haven't figured out how to get back on track. I've been eating out a lot and eating whatever I want. Started this morning off on the wrong foot again. But tomorrow is a new day. I'll keep trying.
  • andalite4412
    andalite4412 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Acutally I do this from time to time and have since I was a kid. I think of it like chocolate pixy stix powder.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I feel a great sense of accomplishment having FINALLY gotten through all 75 pages of this thread! (Now maybe I can actually get some work done)
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options

Last couple of times I put vanilla extract in my coffee. Take a sip, blow out my nose, sweet! Weird, but it works for me.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

That's so funny.

I still like to do this at home but I try to have "better manners" when I am out. I don't know why it is considered bad manners to be efficient.

I think it has something to do with paying attention to your fellow diners or some such nonsense.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm obsessed with exercise, I made the guy I work with stay late and deal with a problem so I could go swimming. I told them I had a doctors appointment. They all assumed it was a female issue because I wouldn't go into details.