Has anyone tried the Lemon cleanse?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - have your liver and kidneys stopped working??????
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, eat plenty of vegetables, that'll flush out everything that needs to be flushed out. A warm glass of water with a squeezed lemon every morning is supposed to be quite good for you. But other than that, if a diet has a brand name, it's BS designed to make someone money.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    marlown wrote: »
    MFP forums are not a good place to ask about cleanses, detoxes, intermittent fasting, etc. Lots of haters out there on this subject. I'm about your age and I have done this and love it. Still go back to it occasionally if I start eating more unhealthy foods. I will send you a friend request and if you accept, I will let you know my experiences with the lemonade fasts. Have a good day!

so explaining to people that cleanse and detoxes are totally unnecessary and to save their money is "hating"...

• ndj1979
    Options
    farberry wrote: »
    I tried this purely for the weight loss element. Day 3 I woke up (had taken a lax the night before) and had never felt so ill in my entire life! Ate 4 bananas and stopped the cleanse there.
    I might try it again in the future though, just to see if I can. I find these sort of things good for learning self control - if I tell myself I'm absolutely not allowed something (in this case all food haha) until a certain date I find it much easier to stick to than trying to be moderate every day!

so you tried the cleanse, got sick, and would still consider doing it again??? LOL WOW...

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Detoxing is a pointless endeavor. You have working kidneys and a liver that detox your body for you. Detoxes are just a money marketing attempt by scammers looking to make a quick buck off of the gullible.

Well agreed that's what I thought the liver was for. It was nothing bought online just ingredients in the store. I did see several lemon cleanse sites online. I read something about when John Wayne and Elvis Presley died they had 18 to 20 pounds of waste inside them, so it got me thinking what is inside my body.

Well, I don't know about John Wayne, but it is true of Elvis. Want to know why? HE HAD A LONG-STANDING DRUG ISSUE SLOWING DOWN HIS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM AND HE ACTUALLY WAS IN NEED OF A DETOX.

That said, what probably killed Elvis was not an impacted colon but polypharmacy. Again, this dude needed a detox. You and your coworkers probably don't.

edit for spelling
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Detoxing is a pointless endeavor. You have working kidneys and a liver that detox your body for you. Detoxes are just a money marketing attempt by scammers looking to make a quick buck off of the gullible.

Well agreed that's what I thought the liver was for. It was nothing bought online just ingredients in the store. I did see several lemon cleanse sites online. I read something about when John Wayne and Elvis Presley died they had 18 to 20 pounds of waste inside them, so it got me thinking what is inside my body.

Elvis was constipated beyond natural comprehension because he was doing so many different prescription drugs he messed up his body, didn't have much to do with not doing lemon cleanses. The average person does not have to worry about this. :)

• keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Goggling Lemon cleanse right about NOOOOOOOW! :p
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Even if it DID detox a body, I am really not sure how anyone could do it. Back in my younger, more naive, years, I did the "Cabbage Soup" diet for all of 2.5 days. I am pretty sure I was supposed to do it for longer than that, but halfway into the third day, my head started to spin, I grew fangs and I threw things at people...apparently I was more than a little hangry. :wink:

Why make yourself miserable?
  • ErikThaRed
    ErikThaRed Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did a smoothie "cleanse". I drank fruit and green veggie smoothies for 10 days for breakfast and lunch, and a healthy meal for dinner. It also allowed for healthy snacks all day long (veggies, fruit, nuts). It helped lose some weight and get my mind on the right track for eating better. I'm not a doctor or nutritionist so I can't comment on cleansing any toxins, but it helped kick start me on my journey and I have been doing fairly well after that initial 10 days. My go round was in November. Lost 24 lbs since i started so it helped me. Again, I can't comment on the science of it, but an all lemon water cleanse seems pretty drastic. The one I did, I still had a lot of nutrients from the smoothies and then also had a nice healthy dinner. The snacks also helped to keep me full so I wasn't really starving myself, just eating better.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I forgot to take some Lactaid the other day and ate cottage cheese.

That was quite the cleanse.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    farberry wrote: »
    I tried this purely for the weight loss element. Day 3 I woke up (had taken a lax the night before) and had never felt so ill in my entire life! Ate 4 bananas and stopped the cleanse there.
    I might try it again in the future though, just to see if I can. I find these sort of things good for learning self control - if I tell myself I'm absolutely not allowed something (in this case all food haha) until a certain date I find it much easier to stick to than trying to be moderate every day!

so you tried the cleanse, got sick, and would still consider doing it again??? LOL WOW...

I was thinking the same thing...
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    It's a ploy, headed by big lemon, to sell more lemons.

Did you ever notice that "lemon" is "demon" with an L?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    marlown wrote: »
    MFP forums are not a good place to ask about cleanses, detoxes, intermittent fasting, etc. Lots of haters out there on this subject. I'm about your age and I have done this and love it. Still go back to it occasionally if I start eating more unhealthy foods. I will send you a friend request and if you accept, I will let you know my experiences with the lemonade fasts. Have a good day!

Reading research and knowing that it's a scientific fact that detoxes are unnecessary and do basically nothing does not equal hate. My apologies that you are obviously misinformed.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    thank you for your responses. Makes me feel good about NOT doing it. I was just curious. I had tried colonox before and felt like crap after and didn't want to feel the same after doing this.
    Sorry, I just laughed out loud at this. I love irony

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Great lemon cleanses:

1) dip half a lemon in salt to shine a copper pot
    2) lemon juice and baking soda will remove stains from a white enamel sink.
    3) Cleanse your lemons before zesting for garnish or soaking in vodka to make limoncello.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Great lemon cleanses:

3) Cleanse your lemons before zesting for garnish or soaking in vodka to make limoncello.

You can also 'bleach' out stains on white clothing by rubbing lemon juice on them and letting them sit out in the sun. :)

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Great lemon cleanses:

You can also 'bleach' out stains on white clothing by rubbing lemon juice on them and letting them sit out in the sun. :)

SEE, PEOPLE? LEMON CLEANSES CAN BE A GOOD THING!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Great lemon cleanses:

SEE, PEOPLE? LEMON CLEANSES CAN BE A GOOD THING!

Sadly, that is a clothing cleanse using lemons.
  • NurseCU
    NurseCU Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    If you're looking to get rid of the extra crap hanging our in your intestines, go HAM on some Taco Bell or get a colonic.

Detoxes do nothing.

YES!!! hahaa
This discussion has been closed.