Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I farted in a library once. I blamed it on the librarian

Never cross a librarian!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    It seems like some Protestants do observe Lent. I know that Lutherans do, because I take a Zumba class at a Lutheran church and we have to change our schedule due to Lent-related activities for six weeks. I'm pretty sure that Anglicans do too.

My confession: I am not religious at all, bordering on slightly anti-religious. Still, it bothers me that people are not being allowed to discuss Lent on this site. As long as they are not assuming that everyone has the same practices, it seems like a valid diet-and-fitness-related discussion.

You're right. Lutheran and Anglican churches, while Protestant, are not as far removed from Catholicism as other denominations such as Pentecostal, Baptist, Methodist, etc. and still maintain a lot of the same traditions.

I didn't realize Lent was taboo on here. There's been other threads that discussed religious fasts unrelated to Lent so I don't see what the big deal is.

My next confession: I talked about religion (sort of?) on MFP.

Yep--two Lent-related threads were closed yesterday. One of them was not even heated or contentious at all.

I'm also a bit weirded out by the "don't use any languages other than English" rule. It seems strange to me that a respectful discussion in another language is taboo.

Other than that, I confess that I like it here.

You can't post in other languages?? What is going on here? I was not aware of either of these things......

After I posted this, I came across a third thread that was closed for the mere mention of Lent.

Yep, any thread in a foreign language will get closed. There was one yesterday entitled "Bonjour."

My real life happens in two different languages fairly equally. I speak 12 languages. I can read a simple conversation in several more. Nobody is ever saying anything bad in any of the foreign-language threads.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    jcvalleau wrote: »
    I anthropomorphise the desire to eat as a an angry little monster that lives inside me. When losing weight I mentally tell him to shut up and starve.

I have a similar rage monster, but I made him out of polymer clay. Now I might have to make a hunger monster.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    ejuliano85 wrote: »
    ejuliano85 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    schelly81 wrote: »
    rhye wrote: »
    I peed during my workout yesterday and kept working out, hoping no one would notice...

Hopefully anyone who noticed just thought it was sweat.

This happened to me while I was running my first 10k. Again, no bathrooms on course. Ugh, why does running make the grossest things happen?

Better question: why are there no restrooms on the route?!?!

This happened to one of the girls in Boot Camp when we had our final timed 2 mile run. We were both close to the maximum time allowed. It was a stressful time and I think I am the only one that saw. I felt bad for her, but we all did things in Boot Camp we couldn't help!

Ah, distance running. The only hobby where nipple bleeding and soiling yourself are part of the fun!

Nipple bleeding?? What kind of distance running is that???

I've always been told that marathon runners can have thier nipples chafe until they bled. That's why there is some sort of glide gel they wear.

Well, for chicks it doesn't even take marathons if you're wearing the wrong bra.

Oh so true. No stronger sign that you need to buy a new one.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Tonight's confession: I find it hilarious when I say something completely sarcastic and ludicrous in a chit chat thread and someone takes me seriously.
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    I always share my "bad" foods so I don't each as much of them. (Its really not to bad except that my hubby cant figure out why he isnt losing weight lol!) Also, I have been known to creep the break room for goodies and if there is something like cake I will take a piece and only eat two or three bites or just the icing and toss the rest. It lets me be "bad" without killing my calories for the day! I have hadbinge recently. Like I seriously couldn't stop eating. I ate cookies, then a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, then a yogurt, then a peice of chocolate pie, then an icecream sandwich. I mean seriously I was nauseated when I finally managed to stop. I have no idea what came over me I just did it....

OP you are so right, I feel so much better now! LOL! Thanks for this post.

I did the same thing today! Ten weeks of being "righteous" and then, boom, I could NOT stop eating today. Is there a full moon or something??

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

My confession: I am not religious at all, bordering on slightly anti-religious. Still, it bothers me that people are not being allowed to discuss Lent on this site. As long as they are not assuming that everyone has the same practices, it seems like a valid diet-and-fitness-related discussion.

We are not allowed to discuss Lent?

Can we still discuss lentils?

I dunno, those lentil threads can get pretty ornery some days, too.
  • katherineclarkson
    katherineclarkson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have in the past eaten just two tubs of shop brought mash potatoes for dinner, mash is my favourite thing apart from chocolate.
    I also used to regulary share a ben and jerry's tub of ice cream with my partner, this was almost a weekly ocurance.
    I haven't either of these for a month because I really couldn't bare with how bad my body was getting.
    I will be have a small amount of mash every now and then though.
  • katherineclarkson
    katherineclarkson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

I know the feeling, I really do.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I watch the documentary "hungry for change" at least once every 2 weeks to try and keep myself motivated and remind me of the crap we call food. Some bad weeks Ill watch it twice.

If I have a night out with the girls *drinks* I count half the wine for one day, and the other half for the next. Those days I have to not eat much to make up for the excess cals.
    I have stopped hanging out with the girls because our social events revolve around food and booze.

I often eat at night. I wake up hungry all the time. AND It sucks. Worst is I often get into the peanut butter (all natural kraft) AND I EAT IT BY THE SPOONFUL!

Sometimes when I'm seriously craving sugar, and have nothing, I will take Smuckers Strawberry Jam by the spoonful. Shameful I know.

I have had digestive issues for years AND was labelled IBS until I discovered gluten-free and yeast free diet. Since I feel fantastic, BUT I AM TIRED Of people saying "it's just a fad". Its not. Its a new life for me! I secretly wish they could spend a mnth gluten intolerant, and be forced fed gluten and yeast and know what its like to feel like a 9mnth pregnant woman, with serious abd pains, that u feel like u want to burst AND know what its like to *kitten* fire on a regular basis. I think then the judgment would stop.

I also cant stand it when skinny people complain their butt looks big or asks if a certain piece of clothing makes them look fat. I think these people are just looking for reassurance and compliments. SOMETIMES I feel like saying "yes it makes u look fat and huge and u better get a butt tuck or something" lol. BUT I'm not really that mean. Just annoyed.

I hate it when my doctor tells me I need to lose weight, Like I am somehow lazy or no willpower. I have avoided seeing my family doctor simply because I didn't want to hear his broken record report again saying my BMI is still too high. Thing is I have radically changed my diet and lifestyle and kick *kitten* in the gym. I hate how "numbers define us". What digs me the most is I'm sure I can jog faster and longer than he probably can.

I had also stopped taking my cat to the vet for general every 6mth checkups because they had told me she was fat and I felt like a bad mother. My cat is on a calorie reduced diet as well AND has successfully lost 2lbs safely over the last year. *she is healthy and well* *and gets her vaccinations and check ups regularly* no one freak. NO animal abuse here lol.

I secretly always believed I was single because I was fat.
    That turns out to be not the case at all. I was single because I didn't let people in, or I let the wrong men in.

I sometimes fantasize about eating junk food. all the bad stuff. while I chew on celery sticks or eat spinache salad.

Even though I am curvaceous and have a high BMI I love my body.

This feels good to let it all out!

off to check out "hungry for change" now.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I watch Big Trouble In Little China about 3 times a month, it's my favorite movie.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I totally feel like saying "screw it" and eating everything in sight. I don't even care what the repercussions would be. I want chocolate and Chinese food and alcohol and chips and cheesecake and...

If those things were around, I would totally be binging. As it is, I am mentally tallying everything I have available and thinking about eating it all!

Total bad attitude today. :(
  • kayte660
    kayte660 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I collect all of my weight in my midsection and have really oddly shaped hips and love handles and no curve at the top of my butt. So even when I've been thin, all of my bottom clothes (including every type/size of underwear I buy) roll down to try to expose my butt crack, and all of my shirts that have any fit to them roll up my love handles to expose my stomach. I feel like all my clothes are conspiring to shame me. My mom yelled at me once for my pants sitting so low, so I yanked them up below my boobs, the only place they stay out for any length of time, and she finally conceded that occasionally exposed butt crack was actually the better of the two looks for me o.O
  • thequietgreyowl
    Options
    I watch Big Trouble In Little China about 3 times a month, it's my favorite movie.

Haven't seen that movie in years, but I loved it! I have green eyes so I'm always on the lookout for Lo Pan and his scary super long pinky nails. LOL! :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I intended (and pre-logged) my breakfast as an over easy egg and toast. I broke the yolk when I put it in the pan, so I made a second egg the way I wanted and ate them both. I'm not going to change my food diary because I didn't intend to cook it that way.

Didn't mean it = doesn't count.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    arsherma wrote: »
    When I know I have eaten over my calorie intake...I don't even bother to log what I really ate to the app:(...But I do try and "start over" the next day.

Me too...
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"

So hilarious. That line gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME

• jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This weekend I bought a box of HoHos... and ate it in two days. :s I won't be doing that again!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Confession: I still don't understand what paczki's are, but I am intrigued by all the commentary on them. It sounds like something I should never definitely eat...

It's like a jelly donut on steroids, fried in lard. If you do ever give in and get one, go to a real Polish bakery, don't settle for the grocery store knock offs.

Straight talk right here^^^^^
    If it ain't a real one, it ain't worth the calories! The real ones though...oh yeah baby :smiley:

*adds to wishlist* Sadly I don't know of any authentic Polish bakeries around these parts...
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    When I feel like a total loser for overeating, I look in this thread to feel better. Not that I'm calling anyone here a loser but I just don't feel as guilty when I read some of these confessions. That might not be such a good thing. I should probably stay away from here.