What irrational thing pisses you off instantly?

Options

Replies

• AmyTCaldwell
    AmyTCaldwell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Dirty dishes in the sink,and a bed that is not made.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    The person who just walked out of the bathroom without washing their hands. Ewww...

I work with someone who doesn't wash her hands, unless she's being "watched" so sometimes I'll intentionally go into the bathroom after her to "make" her wash her hands

• cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Anyone leaving wrappers or other trash on the counter when the garbage can is right next to the counter!!
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Stupid people who talk about things they have a no knowledge of. That and people who swear at little kids and are mean to animals. Seriously, I am mentally killing you in my minds eye!
  • salemxo
    Options
    People who walk really slow
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Kabijots wrote: »
    People who sneeze really loudly.

Yes!! There's a woman who works on the other side of the floor as me and I swear her head is going to blow off when she sneezes. So annoying.

That would be me. Sorry about that, nothing I can do about it!
  • stahlhaus
    stahlhaus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    People shuffling their feet when they walk, like zombies. Have a little pride and pick up your feet. Dumb thing to be irked by, but it bugs me!
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    Options
    My co-worker who is grossly overweight, eats nothing but processed foods, and complains that her "stomach hates her" because she spends so much time in the bathroom. She actually had a colonoscopy to find out what is wrong with her and cried because the results came back normal. Sigh.....it doesn't really effect me, yet.........
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Kabijots wrote: »
    People who sneeze really loudly.

Yes!! There's a woman who works on the other side of the floor as me and I swear her head is going to blow off when she sneezes. So annoying.

That would be me. Sorry about that, nothing I can do about it!

Yeah, I'm a loud sneezer, too. Can't help it.

I do, however, hate when people sneeze into their hands and don't go wash them, or alternately when they don't cover their sneeze at all. You nasty.

• strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    What irrational thing pisses you off instantly?
    Women

jk

Women
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    stahlhaus wrote: »
    People shuffling their feet when they walk, like zombies. Have a little pride and pick up your feet. Dumb thing to be irked by, but it bugs me!

How about women who clomp around in high heels? I'm always annoyed when I'm watching a tv show or a movie, and the starlet is dressed to the nines and stomping around like she's wearing Doc Martens.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    My sister!
  • inkaholic_01
    Options
    The noise of guys peeing in the water lol
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    There's a guy who works in my office building who drives the EXACT same car as me (color, model, year, etc) and goes out of his way to park next to me in the morning if there's a spot available, and it makes me absolutely CRAZY for some reason. I could park on the other side of the parking lot from where I usually park, and he'd find me and park there. If he gets there before me I purposefully park away from him, but if I get there first, he WILL park next to me. I don't know who the guy is (he doesn't work for the same company as I do) and obviously this doesn't actually impact me in any way, shape or form, but for some reason I have this blinding rage-ful impulse to, like, key his car every time I see it next to mine. Lol. (Obviously, I would never really do anything like that...probably.)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have a few unfortunately. They don't ruin my day, but I'm insta-pissed when;

1) someone doesn't put a new roll of toilet paper on the holder, or just props it up on the old roll

2) you don't hang up your jacket and just throw it over the kitchen chair

3) shoes all over the damn place on the landing, someone is going to fall down the stairs because of your big @ss shoes!

4) idiot drivers, I deal with them daily...I yell WTF???!!!! a lot

5) FoodBabe
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Mothers who can't let go of the fact that their little babies are not such little babies anymore. Those "how old is he now?" "Oh, he's 24 months" people. No. He's 2 years old. Still using months as an age measurement after the kid turns 1 is mad. Cut the cord already.

(I have no idea why it annoys me so much but holy Hell, it makes me bristle.)
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    people who can't use 'their', 'there', 'they're' properly along with 'to', 'too', 'lose' and 'loose'
    and all such similar words... drives me insane

Oh and also
    people who eat with their mouth full
    people who talk over the top of you
    people who don't do their job properly so you have to pick it up and do it on top of your own job
    people who aren't disabled who park in disabled parking spaces
    people who litter

I think basically people annoy me :blush:
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mothers who can't let go of the fact that their little babies are not such little babies anymore. Those "how old is he now?" "Oh, he's 24 months" people. No. He's 2 years old. Still using months as an age measurement after the kid turns 1 is mad. Cut the cord already.

Me too! I had someone once say 36 months. I had to stop for just a moment and then said "so you mean he's 3?" SMH...
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

My husband always says he's going to start telling people he's "2,278 [or whatever] weeks old." He hates it too. Lol.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    shadowloss wrote:
    all the *kitten* drivers that jump over to the merge lane that has 500 feet remaining, so they can get 2 cars ahead of you then assume they can just pull right in front of you and you will let them. You Presumptuous Turd Burglar!
    Oh yes. Yes.
    We have a new construction area on the major freeway through Milwaukee where they went from the already-inadequate 3 lanes down to 2. The traffic engineers, in their infinite wisdom :cough: decided that instead of a normal merge, where people are told their lane is ending & encouraged to move into the next lane over, they'd promote a "zipper merge".

If you haven't heard of this idiocy before, lemmie 'splain: it's exactly what is described above.
    People are encouraged to remain in the disappearing lane (with signs saying that the lane is ending, but don't merge yet) right up until the lane actually disappears, then the TE's expect that the people who have acted with foresight & gotten into the through lane are going to just let these people in the disappearing lane merge in. (Supposed to take turns, one from the through lane, one from the disappearing lane.)

Just, no. They fail to take into account human nature, the resentment the thinking-ahead drivers have against the last-second drivers.
    Last Friday morning I went through that section, in the through lane that's next to the disappearing lane. Someone obviously expected to be able to cut me off, and when he couldn't he got very mad.
    Honked at me. For. The. Next. Four. Miles. (Until I exited onto another freeway.) First he was behind me, constantly laying on the horn, then he got into the lane next to me, still on the horn, then he was behind me again, then when I moved into the exit lane he was next to me...
    It's not like he was getting where he was going any faster or slower; we were all moving at the same slow pace (trying to squish what should be 4 or 5 lanes of traffic into 2).

Umm... you're the bad driver in this scenario. You are the one not following the CLEAR instructions to wait to merge. When you chose to disregard the instructions and move over early, you chose to accept that you MUST let someone in. And you didn't.

You are my current rational irritation.