What irrational thing pisses you off instantly?

Options

Replies

• Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    people chewing really loudly - or drinking loudly

People who ask questions where the anwser is obvious e.g. what are you doing - when they can see what i am doing

when someone cant hear or understand what you are saying even though you are speaking clearly and you have to repeat yourself a thousand times
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Humans.
  • alaskamatteson
    alaskamatteson Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    People who keep saying, "Today I will lose weight!!" and then they eat over, then "Tomorrow for sure I will start this!!" and repeat. Every. Day
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    jenny3008 wrote: »
    people who can't use 'their', 'there', 'they're' properly along with 'to', 'too', 'lose' and 'loose'
    and all such similar words... drives me insane

My MIL does this all the time! Then she has the balls to complain about people who don't use proper grammar. Ummmm....what? She's as dumb as a box of rocks!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    cnadiger wrote: »
    Mothers who can't let go of the fact that their little babies are not such little babies anymore. Those "how old is he now?" "Oh, he's 24 months" people. No. He's 2 years old. Still using months as an age measurement after the kid turns 1 is mad. Cut the cord already.

(I have no idea why it annoys me so much but holy Hell, it makes me bristle.)

Me too! I had someone once say 36 months. I had to stop for just a moment and then said "so you mean he's 3?" SMH...

Dude..... that's madness.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options

when they try to fit all the legal jargon in at the end of commercials,speaking super fast....for me, an instant screwdriver to my temples.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Hard to peel hardboiled eggs. This one isn't for me, but a friend. He's had the worst morning due to 3-4 hard to peel eggs. He lost two of them b/c so much white was peeling off with the shell and eventually threw one at the garbage can, which exploded and he had to sweep up. Man, so funny and so irrational.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    When random people I do NOT know just walk into my house. Yes, it happens. Dh is an electrician and is always telling "Joe the light guy" to come over and pick up a tool that's in the basement or garage without letting me know first! Once I was upstairs having just gotten out of the shower and heard the door open and see an unfamiliar truck in the driveway. I quickly locked my bedroom door and called dh and he was like "Oh, that's Frank. I told him to come over and get the blah blah blah tool in the basement!" Well, Frank is lucky I didn't shoot him because next time I might! Makes me SO mad that now the doors are always locked!
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    pants77 wrote: »
    People who back into parking spaces.

This. Especially at the grocery store. Are you planning on loading your things into the hood of your car? What's the point??

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    JM1481 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    mzootie wrote: »
    mzootie wrote: »
    People who don't understand the left lane is for passing concept. Left lane is the fast lane, understand?

Not that it really makes me "angry" but to add to yours, it's also quite annoying how many people don't understand the concept of zipper merging.

Ok not sure of that concept lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB2wcndXzUU

The zipper merge is a great theory, but never really works in practice - every morning on my commute, I go through a section of highway where 2 lanes merge into 1 as you approach downtown Cleveland. Notice is provided by signs about 5 miles out. What happens is: the decent human beings start merging when they can safely do so, the scumbags rush to the very front of the open lane and put on their blinkers and squeeze in at the last minute, because you know, their time is so much more valuable than everyone else's and they just can't be bothered to wait like the rest of us...

And therein lies the problem. "The decent people merge when they can and the and the scumbags rush to the front"

Those "scumbags" are actually doing it properly. It's become such an issue here that there have been commercials and radio spots put out telling people to stop getting over early and merge at the merge point in turns. If everyone were to follow the rule, traffic would move a lot smoother.

If the city wants to implement a zipper merge, then they need to set up signs and instruct drivers appropriately. Otherwise, the merge point is just a clusterf*ck of angry people, with no one understanding what they are supposed to do. Absent instructions, people need to merge when the sign tells them to merge, not race to the front of the line and pull a stunt that slows things down even more.

Isn't it just a general rule already though? I didn't think it changed from city to city. Our state is indeed enforcing it. The signs that warn you are doing just that "merge ahead" not "merge now." The warning signs are to make you aware that people will be soon merging into your lane and you should let them. :)

We don't have directions for zipper merging here, but we should. What a pain in the *kitten* it is to get onto the freeway. And I'm not going to let 5 cars in when it's wall to wall traffic on a 3 lane highway, sorry man, 1 person merges, then the other person goes, 1 person merges, then the other person goes...it's common sense!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Hard to peel hardboiled eggs. This one isn't for me, but a friend. He's had the worst morning due to 3-4 hard to peel eggs. He lost two of them b/c so much white was peeling off with the shell and eventually threw one at the garbage can, which exploded and he had to sweep up. Man, so funny and so irrational.

I have done this more times than I want to admit.
  • CaptainBrownie
    CaptainBrownie Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When people check their phones constantly during a conversation. Hate it!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Mothers who can't let go of the fact that their little babies are not such little babies anymore. Those "how old is he now?" "Oh, he's 24 months" people. No. He's 2 years old. Still using months as an age measurement after the kid turns 1 is mad. Cut the cord already.

(I have no idea why it annoys me so much but holy Hell, it makes me bristle.)

On Monday i will be a 539 month old, my mommy is so proud
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    hector6.jpg
    manspreading.jpg
    article-2514752-19AF746300000578-162_634x846.jpg
  • WebFootFreak
    WebFootFreak Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a few...

Drivers that haul butt to get around you, just to cut in front of you for whatever reason. My rage increases exponentially when it's a lane closure that's either been announced for miles, or has been there forever (out of state tags get a pass on the latter)

Drivers that make a left turn and cross through the oncoming traffic part of the road they're turning on to. Rage increases when they look at me like I'm the idiot.

Chewing with your mouth open.

Talking with food in your mouth. My wife will purposefully ask me a question right after I've taken a bite just to watch the aneurism in my brain go *pop*

Blu-Ray, DVD, VCR, Games are all seperated by form (disc, tape, cart), system, then alphabetized.

Do NOT touch my tools. That goes for my tool box at home and at work.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    shadowloss wrote: »
    When all the *kitten* drivers that jump over to the merge lane that has 500 feet remaining, so they can get 2 cars ahead of you than assume they can just pull right in front of you and you will let them. You Presumptuous Turd Burglar!
    I have a large truck and you do this to me, plan on waiting to pull behind me, I will let you run off the road before you merge in front of me. I guarantee you wouldn't jump in line in front of me if we were standing in a line! I Promise!
    I digress! vent over.

^^^ jeez brother, road rage much? The last thing they need to let you do is drive a large truck.

Me: people that DON'T use the full merge lane piss me off. It's inefficient. Merge at the merge point, dammit! That's why it's known as the M-E-R-G-E P-O-I-N-T. Then once you're there, quickly, smoothly, and respectfully take turns forming a single line. It's so easy. And painless. It truly works better this way.

Yes, as a matter of fact I road rage daily!!!! However, I agree with you, use the merge lane, as the merge appears, begin the process. Do NOT run up the side of the lane and dart in front of another car. If it is your turn to merge in front of me, welcome! If you are racing up the side of me and all the sudden your lane is gone, your out of lane and out of luck! Everyone that drives, knows exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about taking turns, I'm talking about those who have an entitlement complex!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I bike a ton. Love, love, LOVE it! Over the years, I've gotten fast for a female. But it took a LOT of training. I train with racers and get handed my @ss regularly. But, lord help me, when I'm out by myself, nearly every male cyclist that I come across has this massive issue with being passed or outridden by a female. Some will very nearly kill themselves to stay ahead of me, ride my rear wheel (srsly?!) or just run me down. Maybe I'm commuting. Or I'm tired. Or maybe I'm just not in the mood for this testosterone-fueled cr@p today... But damn if I'm not the conquest EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm not the fox. I'm not the rabbit. I'm not the trophy. We are NOT competing on STRAVA. I can and will humiliate you if you don't back the F off. I understand the impulse, sort of, but not really. I don't mow down other cyclists. To aggressive cycling dude - it's possible a woman might be more skilled at THIS ONE THING than you are. And maybe she doesn't appreciate being harassed. And maybe she doesn't feel like engaging with yet another jerk. Or maybe she's thisclose to humiliating you in front of your brahs - but is opting not to. Deal with it.

Thanks for letting me rant. Aaaaaaaaaahhhh....
  • sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    People who speed in parking lots or school zones OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Someone flying past you, just to cut you off and slam on their brakes to make the next turn.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Impeding me in some manner and then not saying "excuse me". Especially after I reflexively say "excuse me" even though I'm entirely in the right and have done nothing rude, and the other person fails to say "excuse me" back. Practicing good manners is a dying art