Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I had a baked potato and spooned some left overs over that...yet another creavtive yummy way to use the Salsa Chicken... Like I shared earlier in this thread...I ended up with such tender chicken I shredded it a bit with a fork...so it worked out nicely over the rice or potato...

So glad everyone is finding such creative new ways to cook this and add to it ...love hearing all the new ideas... It's defintiely a versatile dish and a keeper in my book.:drinker:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    bump...want this in my topics...it's dinner tonight!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Just came on here looking for ideas for dinner tonite and ran across this...although I cant make it tonite, Im definately getting the ingedients to make it tomorrow night...looks sooo good!

~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I had this for dinner Fri night (and leftovers last night:wink: ) and I was wondering, when I add it to my food diary, do I need to add the serving of brown rice I served it over seperately? Or was that already figured in when you posted the nutritional info here with the recipe?

~Roni
  • cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am making this tonight and I wondered the same thing
  • cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's Pretty good! Even my 2 year old ate it. :smile:
  • gnu1971
    gnu1971 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    I used www.sparkrecipes.com to calculate my info because I didn't notice it posted with the recipe here. Duh! I also used 2 lbs of chicken tendersloins because there were on sale. Mine came out to 288 per serving so my guess is that the rice is not included it the nutrition information here....
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I tried this and I loved it. I added extra salsa, some canned corn, chopped onion and no sour cream (only because I forgot to add it in). It was awesome! We had it over rice. Finger licking good. I will definitely make this again. I think I will keep experimenting with add ins too.

Thanks!
  • BEANNE
    Options
    it well be my first cooking the salsa chicken , i have a question for the soup do you add any water or milk to it ?? or just mix it the way it is ?? thanks
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    it well be my first cooking the salsa chicken , i have a question for the soup do you add any water or milk to it ?? or just mix it the way it is ?? thanks

don't need to add anything...just the soup plain....:flowerforyou:

I hope you enjoy it....we found it delish and very versatile...lots of ways to use the leftovers!:flowerforyou:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    This is a really good recipe
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I made this y'day but didn't have time for the crockpot, so I made it in a 9 x 13" pan. I baked it for about an hour in the oven at 350* (checked the chicken to make sure it was done!)

I made a few changes and used more chicken (6 breasts) and a whole jar of Pace Picante sauce. I also used cream of chicken instead of mushroom (my kids don't like mushrooms). Served it w/ brown rice & peas. YUMMY! Leftovers tonight! :wink:

OK, I made this again this weekend. I made it in the slow cooker this time, and used 1 can of cream of chicken (98% fat free) and one can of garlic mushroom condensed soup. Instead of salsa, I used one large can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilis. Then served it w/ whole grain tortillas more like a chicken burrito. Topped w/ FF sour cream and guacamole.

Great recipe and you can make it into so many different meals!!

Jess
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Have every ingredient in the house! Tomorrow's dinner! Very excited! Thanks!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    This sound sooooooooo good. . tomorrow is grocer shopping day and will pick up whaat I need to make this. Thanks
  • slvrcavchick03
    Options
    Made it today, LOVE IT!!! My family loves it too :) Def. going to be making this many different ways...I'm already thinking about making it with some sort of tortilla soup thing(healthy version of course). If I do I will post it on here, so that others can try it. (if it turns out good that is). Thanks for the recipe!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Going to try this... Bumping for my topics:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday and it was fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I made this last week and it is going to be a regular in the rotation! It is AWESOME!!!!:drinker:
  • cettefille
    Options
    I made this last week and really loved it with some white rice.

Thanks for sharing.