Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    My mom "lost" 30 pounds in three weeks. She is weighing herself on a different scale than her doctor's office uses (she had eaten breakfast and was wearing jeans and shoes at the time of the appointment) and has cut out a lot of salty snacks.

I don't have the heart to tell her how little fat loss she actually accomplished. I did say that her doctor's scale is different from the home one and there could be a difference there.
  • schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just ate for the first time since like 8 am. I've been running off of Bones episodes on Netflix and preworkout. And at 11 I had a slightly grueling cardio session with my personal trainer.

But i'm not really hungry though. I feel weird.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My father died when I was 4, I have an older half brother who may or may not have known I existed and this past november, when I found out about him, I tried to contact him and he told me flat out he wasn't interested. I still can't fathom how someone wouldn't want to know their blood.

I have 2 half sisters and a half brother all older than me by 10-15 years. all knew I existed, and have rebuffed all attempts at a relationship. I hear glimpses into their lives from time to time. I became a great aunt 2 years ago.

Funny thing is one of my nieces and my daughter look so much alike people have stopped my daughter and called her by her cousin's name. She just looks confused. I decided because of the failed status, my kids no nothing about my half siblings or their kids. It just seemed easier that way.

I feel your pain. It stings. Greatly.
  • latrecey
    latrecey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I log things like stretching and let myself eat back all the calories even though I know the calorie burns from MFP are ridiculous. That's for days I need a little extra flexibility, e.g. if I've gone out and had a drink or two.

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

• latrecey
    latrecey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. After midnight MFP switches to the next day, and so do I lol
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I hate when people use bad grammar repetitively in their posts. I quit reading it because I feel like it’s a waste of my time. Bad grammar to me equals (1) Laziness or (2) Uneducated. Call me a snob, but that’s how I feel. I know my typing and/or spelling isn’t always perfect, but I at least try to make an effort to sound literate (and so should you).

I always feel bad, but I tend not to respond to posts that are grammatically terrible. Typos are one thing, but if you can't even use punctuation, I click the back button. I kind of feel like if someone won't put the effort in to making a post legible, they aren't going to heed any advice they get anyway (I may be wrong, but that's how I feel)

Yeah. I won't even open threads about how to "loose" weight.

It is really appalling how illiterate our society has become.
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I
  • alex_marchuk
    Options
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."

this is me. hahah
  • alex_marchuk
    Options
    I started MFP&dieting due to my excessive binging habits. I'm in the military and have a schedule like a fire house, so I get off early in the morning. Right when I'd get off, I'd go to the store and get all the things I wanted to eat for the day. One of the worst binges I had: a whole box of girls out cookies, a bag of flaming hot Cheetos, a pint of gelato & about half a box of cheezits.
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

• ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I constantly confuse the top left arrow on this site with the bottom left one. Instead of going back a page I end up at the main menu. I am a slow learner.
  • SonofNorthernDarkness
    Options
    I purposely only at 680 calories today
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I accidentally typed they're instead of their the other day and before I could edit someone jumped my *kitten*.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Barbs2222 wrote: »
    I accidentally typed they're instead of their the other day and before I could edit someone jumped my *kitten*.

I HATE when I notice a tyop after someone has quoted me. Irks me no end.

Today's confession is that I've already pre-logged dinner and I'm 400 over and I can't bring myself to care.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My confession: I gained around 50 pounds in a year. I went from being underweight to being overweight. Never was healthy. I never have felt attractive about my body, but I'm working on a happy medium now. I'm gaining more confidence and getting a more aesthetically pleasing body every day.
  • schmoys
    schmoys Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Today's confession:
    I just drank an entire bottle of wine and ate a whole bag of extra butter popcorn. I also ate dinner just a few hours prior. I ALSO sprained my ankle and cannot workout this week (legit sprain with bruises and wearing a boot). I fell off the wagon over the holidays for a month and I'm so annoyed that I was finally feeling like I was getting back into the swing of things, with working out, and now I'm screwed! Mehhh
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I want to eat sweets & have no more calories I just put the calories in another day in the same week.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    schmoys wrote: »
    Today's confession:
    I just drank an entire bottle of wine and ate a whole bag of extra butter popcorn. I also ate dinner just a few hours prior. I ALSO sprained my ankle and cannot workout this week (legit sprain with bruises and wearing a boot). I fell off the wagon over the holidays for a month and I'm so annoyed that I was finally feeling like I was getting back into the swing of things, with working out, and now I'm screwed! Mehhh

On the bright side, you had a bottle of wine and your spelling and diction are still above par!
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My father died when I was 4, I have an older half brother who may or may not have known I existed and this past november, when I found out about him, I tried to contact him and he told me flat out he wasn't interested. I still can't fathom how someone wouldn't want to know their blood.

3 years ago I found my dad's birth mother. She lives less than 10 minutes from me. She met him once but doesn't want to have anything to do with any of us. She had another child and refuses to tell her about my father. I don't get it and I feel guilty for working so hard to find her just to have her reject my father.

• shortiequinn
    shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I constantly confuse the top left arrow on this site with the bottom left one. Instead of going back a page I end up at the main menu. I am a slow learner.

Me too! It drives me nuts.