Yeah...I'm THAT person at the gym..

Options

Replies

• CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I am laughing at this whole thread cos so many relatable posts! I actually crack myself up sometimes when I grunt or moan cos to me it reminds me of sex noises...yup I am that immature. The fart during squat is a real problem haha. Don't eat beans before a workout!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    I do dislike that bro pack that feels the need to tell "its all you bro!" and "push it" while the lifter screams like he's giving birth.

Some moderate grunting? Do what you do.

A spotter's usually needed when going for a new max (or, at least, something that feels effing heavy) - what's your problem with a little encouragement?

I was doing this very thing for my brother last week (not at a gym although I would have felt perfectly justified doing it there) when he went for a bench PR.

Some encouragement, at a reasonable volume. No problem.

Yelling like a roid cycling circus monkey? Not necessary and inconsiderate to other people concentrating on thier lift. You know, those other people who share a planet with you?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Based on this post, it seems as though you try to be as loud as possible for… *drum roll please*... attention! In which case is obnoxious.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I do dislike that bro pack that feels the need to tell "its all you bro!" and "push it" while the lifter screams like he's giving birth.

A spotter's usually needed when going for a new max (or, at least, something that feels effing heavy) - what's your problem with a little encouragement?

I was doing this very thing for my brother last week (not at a gym although I would have felt perfectly justified doing it there) when he went for a bench PR.

Yelling like a roid cycling circus monkey? Not necessary and inconsiderate to other people concentrating on thier lift. You know, those other people who share a planet with you?

Yeah, you're right - next time I'll just say, 'you can do it' in a monotone, that should really motivate ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Based on this post, it seems as though you try to be as loud as possible for… *drum roll please*... attention! In which case is obnoxious.

LOl stop trolling… :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I find it frustrating and funny how often voicing disagreement or pointing out the irony of something now equals trolling.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

LOl stop trolling… :)

Kind of surprised he hasn't called me a troll yet… I'm waiting for it
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    walldancer wrote: »
    It would be "ironic" if I claimed I hated attention in the first place. I never said such a thing. The person with the mirror selfie ASSumed that. I'm sure in person he's lovely.
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    I find it frustrating and funny how often voicing disagreement or pointing out the irony of something now equals trolling.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • frendy21
    frendy21 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well say if you don't sweat, and if it does not hurt then its not a great day at the gym... Just put those headphones, play that one misic that gets you hype and lets get those gains.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    It would be "ironic" if I claimed I hated attention in the first place. I never said such a thing. The person with the mirror selfie ASSumed that. I'm sure in person he's lovely.

^Lies:
    Just letting you know. The last thing I want to do is call attention to myself.

• NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Meh I'm in my own zone while lifting and can't be bothered to care who's making what sound. I lift heavy and sometimes breath heavily but I doubt anyone cares. My gym is on the military base and everyone is in there own little world.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

Yeah, you're right - next time I'll just say, 'you can do it' in a monotone, that should really motivate ;)

Well if you are spotting him, his ear is what, three feet from your mouth?

I doubt you are what I'm talking about. I live in a town with a 20k student University. Occasionally a huge pack of frat boys will decend on the place.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

what does his picture and how he chooses to take it have to do with anything?

The mere existence of a self taken photograph does not validate or invalidate his point.
  • ndj1979
    Options

LOL you just did what you accused me of doing ….ASSumed…

even MORE irony ..

• ndj1979
    Options
    Lets hit the ole reset button OP …

you said in your post that you did not want to call attention to yourself….you then went on to list your lifting credentials (calling attention to yourself) and then spun it off on some self righteous rants about a fellow gym goer complaining about your self pro claimed bad a$$ness….

so yes, you called attention to yourself event though you said you did not want to = irony ..

it's kind of like saying…I don't think that person is stupid, but…

OR

I dont't want to call attention to myself, but…

if you wanted to gym rant/rage you could of done it on your wall and not posted in a public forum, but, again, you chose to call attention to yourself…

my selfie in no way invalidates the ironic nature of your post, which was my point..

I assumed nothing, I deduced it from your actions.
  • ndj1979
    Options

welcome to the internet in 2015 ….