If You Ate Whatever you wanted, no excersize, what do you think would be your stable bmi/ weight?

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    estitom wrote: »
    I think I would be slightly overweight, but not obese. A BMI of 26-28 probably. But that's because I've learned what makes me happy, and too much food is not something that makes me feel good. A huge pizza every weekend would be something though ;)
    . Oui! Pizza is so nice! The too much food situqtion is not as nice, I agree!

• Gamliela
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    If I ate whatever I wanted without restraint and never exercised, I would wager that I'd be super morbidly obese within 2 years.
    Thanks for posting Levitateme! :smile:

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'd probably bounce around between 130 and 142. If I hit a really stressful time, I'd drop farther, maybe close to what I am now. That's what I did before, and I don't think much has changed. That's in the healthy range as far as BMI, but not so much as far as %BF.
  • HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I was doing that, my BMI was at the upper limit of healthy. I imagine I was gaining, just so slowly I didn't even realise so I think I would definitely be overweight by now if I hadn't of taken control.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    cloudi2 wrote: »
    As I see some MFP people maintain on well over 2000 calories, I am curious to know what you would guess your weight or bmi would get to and stabelize at if you left off counting and ate whatever you wanted naturally.

Mine is around 27 - 28 bmi, I'm 65 years old and do some outdoor walks for groceries and such.

If I didn't count calories, and just ate what I wanted, given my history, then my BMI would be around 28-29. That's about 190 lbs on my 5'8" frame.

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I should be eating 1400-1500 per day to lose weight, and I currently weigh about 165. I freaking love to eat, and it is so damn hard to hold back. If I didn't control myself I would probably maintain around 200-215lb. Because that's how much I like/want to eat to feel satisfied. My goal is to get back to 130... realistically though, I'd be happy at 145 again. Never thought I'd say that, because 145 used to be my "fat weight." :( I can't seem to stop my slow gaining trend at the moment though.
  • KrunchyMama
    Options
    I have been a yoyo dieter, unfortunately. When I am in free-fall state and eat/exercise how I want, my weight goes directly to around 280 pounds and stays there. There is no way this is healthy or fun or correct for my body, even though my body "likes" that weight. I am in constant pain, have GERD, blood pressure rises, can't sleep, feel miserable and look horrid. You would think all of that would motivate me, but I love food and my "freedom" -- which spirals down into no freedom. And then the cycle starts again...

Just wondering, have you had a sleep study done to test for sleep apnea?

• KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would estimate around 325-330 lbs. Right around where I started.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i had a nice stable BMI of 30 for several years. ;) I can maintain a fat body pretty easily. Now my bmi of 20, that takes a little effort.
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Judging from the fact that every time a gain weight it's because I would be consuming around 2000 calories a day, I would be around 100kg which is double what I weigh now
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem to most people. Left to my own devices I struggle to maintain a healthy weight, not helped by having digestive complications. I've been as low as BMI 17 left on my own with no exercise. I actually find that working out (all exercise but most especially lifting) increases my appetite and stabilizes my weight, so I'm sitting pretty at 19.5 theses days, and delighted.
  • KrunchyMama
    Options
    It would be interesting to see how our 'default' BMIs compared to our BMIs as infants. I was a preemie, and the advice back then was to fatten up a baby as quickly as possible. Now they like to see babies 'lean and mean'.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be about 2-3 pounds heavier, which would put my BMI at around 19.
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Like many on here, it would be pretty much where I started 18 months ago - somewhere between 290 and 300 lbs. Maybe a bit more, because I actually got in some exercise back then...
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Which was a BMI of about 43, I see...
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    This BMI thing is disturbing to me. I don't consider myself obese (stomp!). I know it's an old, worn-out conversation.
  • flailx
    flailx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I topped out at 225. I think I was about 222 when I got my diabetes (t2) diagnosis last year. I'm sure if I ate and did no exercise (as I used to) I would climb back up to 220ish.

Fortunately, I have learned how to eat better and enjoy it so (knock on wood) I think I'm gonna stay around my current 167ish.

I've pretty much lost all the weight, my next goal is to be very fit. So far I'm off to a sluggish start.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    I'd probably bounce around between 130 and 142. If I hit a really stressful time, I'd drop farther, maybe close to what I am now. That's what I did before, and I don't think much has changed. That's in the healthy range as far as BMI, but not so much as far as %BF.

Thats interesting and I completely relate to it because that is what I would have said my years prior to menopause.

I hope you have a different experience from mine. However, it may not have been menopause that caused me to gain more than usual anyway, there were other factors that may have caused it, so I don't think its inevitable, its probably not in everybody's case. But the reduction in my weight after that set me on a path of disaster and underweight unfortunately.

Anxiety can cause weight loss in my case too. Sometimes I deal with stress by not eating enough.

I'm glad you posted this its made me think, thank you.

• Gamliela
    Options
    HugeBum wrote: »
    When I was doing that, my BMI was at the upper limit of healthy. I imagine I was gaining, just so slowly I didn't even realise so I think I would definitely be overweight by now if I hadn't of taken control.
    Thanks HB, its hard for me to see much difference in my weight because there is a lot of fluctuation daily with swelling from saltier foods and stuff. its hard to know. I'm glad you were always healthy and I hope that will always continue to be the case for you.:-)

• pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Since I've done that experiment repeatedly, I keep coming back to 215 which is a BMI of about 27. However, what I see is that number is creeping up over the years. I used to do nothing and stay at 200, then it was 210. By December last year I was around 217. Currently at 196 with at least 10 more to lose.