What irrational thing pisses you off instantly?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Impeding me in some manner and then not saying "excuse me". Especially after I reflexively say "excuse me" even though I'm entirely in the right and have done nothing rude, and the other person fails to say "excuse me" back. Practicing good manners is a dying art

My husband was raised with, uh, a very different manners set than I was. I always say "excuse me" when I pass someone, even if I'm in no way inconveniencing them. For the first few years of our marriage, whenever I'd say "excuse me", he would say " did you fart?" and giggle like a mad man. Oh man. There are no words for the rage I felt.

• justinegibbons
    justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    People who breathe really loud for no reason, slow drivers in the fast lane, people who don't use their blinkers, scraping ice off my windshield and someone stepping on my shoes.
  • danielabe1985
    danielabe1985 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    People who chew loudly lol
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I am instantly enraged by the limp appendaged little man who walks his unleashed dog past my house every morning and lets her crap in my yard. I keep a clean yard, I clean up after my own FIVE dogs everyday and this *kitten* wipe lets his mutt merrily leave land mines for me to pick up. I'm eyeing a wrist-rocket at the sporting goods store.
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    To be honest, most days it would be quicker to list what doesn't...
  • butterpecan_ts
    butterpecan_ts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when people fart around me. I know it's a natural bodily function, but go find a secluded spot and do that.
  • AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    People who open, sniff and test things on store shelves then put them back. Ugh. 1. I don't want someone else's snot on something I might buy and 2. Things are expensive enough to not have the full amount you think you're buying.
  • irishladyo
    irishladyo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    People who ask you a question like "what did you do this weekend" and then walk away before you've finished talking. I see red every time that happens and yeah it happens often enough that I don't initiate conversations with that co-worker too often. Although I think that's a pretty rational thing to get pissed at....

Humming... Fing hate it! It's like look at me or something - I don't know but i HATE it!
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Anyone talking on a mobile phone on public transport. (a quick 30sec, 1 minute is fine)
  • irishladyo
    irishladyo Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh I almost forgot -snot sucking. You know when someone makes that loud sucking through the back of their throat noise and we all know it means their inhaling some snot to swallow down... Its not the action, we've all been sick. Its the loud gross noise. Go blow your nose or something. Eeeeewwwwww!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    One size fits all "You are not a special snowflake" people.

Really? My DNA and epigenome are identical to everyone else's? No, I don't think so.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I immediately get pissed when I run out of alcohol.

Oh wait, that's not irrational.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    People chewing with their mouths open and making loud, wet, smacking, crunching sounds. Makes me wanna BACKHAND them.
  • AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    irishladyo wrote: »
    Oh I almost forgot -snot sucking. You know when someone make that loud sucking through the back of their throat noise and we all know it means their inhaling some snot to swallow down... Its not the action, we've all been sick. Its the loud gross noise. Go blow your nose or something. Eeeeewwwwww!

Anything but those nasty a** snot rockets then scrape and flick of the hangers.... disgusting beyond belief
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Wind. My hair is curly and fine, and I only have one shot at getting it to look decent each day. I can't blow dry it, so when I leave for work it's still damp. If there's even a slight breeze my blood pressure raises because I know it's going to destroy the curls and then I will look like a homeless person all day.

I've taken to holding a scarf over my hair if I know it's windy and I call it my "old lady shawl"
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Mothers who can't let go of the fact that their little babies are not such little babies anymore. Those "how old is he now?" "Oh, he's 24 months" people. No. He's 2 years old. Still using months as an age measurement after the kid turns 1 is mad. Cut the cord already.

(I have no idea why it annoys me so much but holy Hell, it makes me bristle.)

Grinds my gears for sure,guy at work just did that.oh my granddaughter is 22months...oh really,try 2 years.Not a baby anymore.