I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Add me if you want, I'm low carb clean eater. My diary is open to friends. Ignore the alcohol, I don't usually drink as much as I have the past few weeks, and it's banished from my household for at least the next month because of that!

Lol! Im leaving for Mexico tomorrow. Im pretty sure pina coladas are going to be my main caloric intake! Clean eating doesnt have to mean perfection. It means making most of your choices the heathy stuff so your body is prepared to handle the not-so-healthy! Kudos to all of you making the committment! It can be tough in the beginning but the health you gain is worth far more than the work you put into it!!

So a balanced diet? Who would've thunk it?
    I love when people mistakenly praise IIFYM without knowing they did. :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Add me if you want, I'm low carb clean eater. My diary is open to friends. Ignore the alcohol, I don't usually drink as much as I have the past few weeks, and it's banished from my household for at least the next month because of that!

Lol! Im leaving for Mexico tomorrow. Im pretty sure pina coladas are going to be my main caloric intake! Clean eating doesnt have to mean perfection. It means making most of your choices the heathy stuff so your body is prepared to handle the not-so-healthy! Kudos to all of you making the committment! It can be tough in the beginning but the health you gain is worth far more than the work you put into it!!

So your version of clean eating is moderation?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If they're meeting their goals, then they're doing it "right."
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Closing your diary doesn't change the fact that you don't practice what you preach.
    BOOM!
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    wow people are mean. Sounded to me like the OP was looking for support from others who want to do it the same way she does.

Who are all of you to hate on her for that. If you don't like it move on. I don't plan on doing the "clean eating" thing. I was on here to maybe pick up some tips all I see is others so insecure that they cant handle people doing something different than they are.

I believe she meant does anyone do clean eating right. That is a fair question.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    clean is such a dirty word
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Rivers2k wrote: »
    wow people are mean. Sounded to me like the OP was looking for others who want to do it the same way she does. Who are all of you to hate on her for that. If you don't like it move on. I don't plan on doing the "clean eating" thing. I was on here to maybe pic up some tips all I see is others so insecure that they cant handle people doing something different than they are.

Ummm, because she said it's the "right" way which implies that anyone not doing it that way is doing it the wrong way. Of course people will get defensive, especially when the "wrong" way is the one that is scientifically proven as the "right" way.

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    . . . like a pack of wild dogs on a 3 legged cat . . .
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the friend requests guys!! Look forward to sharing yummy recipes! Heres to trying to make good choices for our health and our bodies!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    wow people are mean. Sounded to me like the OP was looking for others who want to do it the same way she does. Who are all of you to hate on her for that. If you don't like it move on. I don't plan on doing the "clean eating" thing. I was on here to maybe pic up some tips all I see is others so insecure that they cant handle people doing something different than they are.

It has nothing to do with how she chooses to eat, it has to do with judging others for how they choose to eat. She can judge my cake cause it was absolutely delicious!
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Rule number 1 about MFP...and it is a great tool...If you are new and ask a simple question out of not being familiar with the process, be prepared to be skewered for all angles...And yes this happens all the time...The high horses are the successful people who make a new person feel like crap. Answering a question with a question is perhaps the biggest culprit, just to prove a point.
  • Lezavargas
    Options
    wow people are mean. Sounded to me like the OP was looking for support from others who want to do it the same way she does.

Who are all of you to hate on her for that. If you don't like it move on. I don't plan on doing the "clean eating" thing. I was on here to maybe pick up some tips all I see is others so insecure that they cant handle people doing something different than they are.

You nailed it! This happens anytime someone even broaches the subject of clean eating.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

The issue I had was that she's assuming that anyone who isn't "eating clean" isn't doing things correctly. If you look at her first post, she even says...
    Femisfit wrote: »
    i love to support friends, but sometimes what I see them eat makes me cringe. Cookie dough for lunch? "I stayed under my calorie goal so it's okay" Does anyone do it "right?"

So..... I guess because I choose to treat myself and enjoy all types of food I'm not doing things correctly? By whose standard?

No one is hating on her for "eating clean". It's the tone of the message. But hey... if disagreeing with the tone and message OP is trying to convey makes me insecure, I guess I'm guilty as charged.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a fistful of bacon and give zero *kitten*.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

You nailed it! This happens anytime someone even broaches the subject of clean eating.

Are you purposely ignoring most of the posts in this thread?
  • Hornsby
    Options

Because "clean" is a meaningless term. You have already proven that with the fact that you don't eat clean (not even close from what I saw) yet say you do.... See how that's meaningless?
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the friend requests guys!! Look forward to sharing yummy recipes! Heres to trying to make good choices for our health and our bodies!!

One of my favorite people on my friend's list.... :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Rule number 1 about MFP...and it is a great tool...If you are new and ask a simple question out of not being familiar with the process, be prepared to be skewered for all angles...And yes this happens all the time...The high horses are the successful people who make a new person feel like crap. Answering a question with a question is perhaps the biggest culprit, just to prove a point.

LOL. No.
  • Lezavargas
    Options
    Open invitation to anyone looking for some tasty recipes and snacking ideas! Clean eating Is a challenging undertaking with the volumes of processed foods out there! We dont expect perfection! Ridding yourself of processed food is a process in and of itself :) We all need all the support we can get and god knows you dont get it on these forums!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

So when you return from vacation we can wait for the thread titled "My friends are judging my diary!"
  • KimF84
    KimF84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cookie Dough for lunch?! Hell, why not?!?! There's a meal AND a craving completed-BAM lol