Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go to Wendy's and possibly the grocery store to get ice cream. I'm going to enjoy all of it and then go to the gym.
  • LyninVT
    LyninVT Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If I'm over by just a few calories at the end of the day, I'll add in more of my exercise to keep the number green.

I'm also done updating my weight on MFP, because it keeps dropping my calories and I'm too lazy to set it manually.

I quick add calories to avoid diary entries like "Pringles, one tube."

I love it - that's a true confession! This thread is great to read cause I thought I was the only one that cheats at the same time I'm struggling to get to my goal weight. This truly reminds me that we all have hard days.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've been addicted to chewing tobacco on and off for years. I just recently I started up again and way too often, I started getting sensitivity in my teeth and skin changes in my mouth, I got scared and decided to quit yesterday. I used some nic gum yesterday, but got rid of it today because I'm afraid to get addicted to that.
    I am having horrible cravings, I am acting like a complete hostile B@#$% , and I have no control over my eating today. I am so hungry, these are the munchies from Hell.
    I'm terrified of gaining weight from quitting.

I too dealt with tobacco addiction (Copenhagen was my demon), having started at the age of 12. Didn't get past it until my 40s. Every time I tried to quit I put on weight and every time I re-started, I didn't lose what was amassed.

But being heavier, for me, was better than chewing all day every day.

I am now a Nicorette addict. At least that's more socially acceptable. That's my justification, anyhow. And a confession.

Quitting chew was the hardest thing I've ever done. I wish you the best of luck.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My father died when I was 4, I have an older half brother who may or may not have known I existed and this past november, when I found out about him, I tried to contact him and he told me flat out he wasn't interested. I still can't fathom how someone wouldn't want to know their blood.

I have 2 half brothers who are not at all interested in knowing me or my sister.
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    I've been addicted to chewing tobacco on and off for years. I just recently I started up again and way too often, I started getting sensitivity in my teeth and skin changes in my mouth, I got scared and decided to quit yesterday. I used some nic gum yesterday, but got rid of it today because I'm afraid to get addicted to that.
    I am having horrible cravings, I am acting like a complete hostile B@#$% , and I have no control over my eating today. I am so hungry, these are the munchies from Hell.
    I'm terrified of gaining weight from quitting.

I too dealt with tobacco addiction (Copenhagen was my demon), having started at the age of 12. Didn't get past it until my 40s. Every time I tried to quit I put on weight and every time I re-started, I didn't lose what was amassed.

But being heavier, for me, was better than chewing all day every day.

I am now a Nicorette addict. At least that's more socially acceptable. That's my justification, anyhow. And a confession.

Quitting chew was the hardest thing I've ever done. I wish you the best of luck.

I am quitting chew (again) tomorrow. I have my gum ready and will hopefully have it stick this time (I was so close last time but old habits die hard). As bad as it is, I am glad to know that I am not the only one.
  • BetterThanBest
    BetterThanBest Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

Heaven!
  • emmyschh
    emmyschh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My confession... I don't have "cheat days" often but when I do, I go CRAZY with the chocolate & cookies. I'm in college, I can't say no to a few good homemade cookies!!!
  • BetterThanBest
    BetterThanBest Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get glazed eyes and stare in beffuddlement at the people on the treadmills at the gym, who put the incline to max and hang onto the tops of the machines, making themselves perpendicular to the machine again, which they could totally walk without the incline for.
    HahHhhHhhHhaaaaahahahahahaaa! If you could see the tears rolling down my face right now!! I'm just now getting myself composed after reading this post. I busted out in uncontrollable laughter before I was half way through. I mean, just the way you described it, to the T! I guess we've all seen "that person". Man oh man. Laugh of the day! Ty so much for this post. Still laughing....
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

No, I am in Canada..... :'(

Real Canadian Superstore is where I get mine. It should be with the jams and spreads, like peanut butter is.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I only record large eggs. No S, XL or XXL in my world.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    I found myself wondering earlier if a food scale would accurately weigh my boobs. Decided not to bother since I have no clue what they 'should' weigh.

Depends on what your scales max weight is. Mine only goes up to 3lbs and I know my boobs would make it say error if I tried that. Just have your husband/boyfriend/significant other hold them up while you stand on the regular scale. That works pretty well for me.

I'll try that as soon as I acquire a boyfriend again. If he dumps me for being weird, oh well, he wasn't going to last long anyway if he can't handle weirdness!

I'm pretty sure most guys will be ok with holding your boobs for you.

Hell I used to volunteer to be my wife's bra and follow her around the house holding them up. Lol
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Real Canadian Superstore is where I get mine. It should be with the jams and spreads, like peanut butter is.

I'm in Canada and I had already planned to go to Superstore tomorrow. I can't decide if I love you for telling me this, or hate you for telling me this.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    The only reason I didn't get a snack tonight was because the machine at work was broken. But hey! Mac & cheese for dinner!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I planned on Friday and Saturday for cheat days and back on the good foot Sunday.....but instead I cheated so I could binge watch the originals and consume mass amounts of see`s candy =( it was so awesome!!!
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My uncle and my cat died in the same week. I cried more for my cat.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    schelly81 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm in Canada and I had already planned to go to Superstore tomorrow. I can't decide if I love you for telling me this, or hate you for telling me this.

I wonder if I have a Superstore close to me at all.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Ok, three more confessions:

1. The later it gets in the evening if I have not eaten dinner, the poorer my food choices get. I literally will even remove the veggies from my plate after about 9:30pm....I have no idea why this is, but I love healthy food early in the day, and then the later it gets at night I want no part of it. Actually, come to think of it,, it is pretty rare that I would eat junk food in the daytime.

2. I know the whole point of this thread is no judgement, but there are two posters on this thread I just think are terrible people, lol....I will not say who, but I am totally judging and cannot control it.

3. Seeing the family divide confessions made me think of my own situation there.....I have three siblings that I have not had contact with since 1994. I mean NO CONTACT, they also do not have contact with my remaining sibling. We had a huge problem over Christmas 1994, and me and my one sister went one way, and my remaining two sisters and brother went the other. I still lived with my mother at the time, and they wanted her to kick me out and she refused. She also no longer had contact with them. My mother died in 2003, and they most likely do not even know. At this point, none of us would even know how to locate each other, and that is for the best. My sister asked me once about two years ago if I ever heard from them again, and I said no. Her daughters, who were 9 and 13 at the time, asked who they were, they did not even know we had other siblings. My son has no idea either. I -had- four nieces on that side, I have no idea if they even remember me or what. It was a pretty disgusting situation.
  • ZeroCal88
    ZeroCal88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Got down to 175 last summer while deployed, came home in the fall, and was up to 210 early January. No one to blame but myself. Thankfully I discovered MyFitnessPal, and it truly has changed my life. under 200 now, gearing to surpass 175!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Confession. I am the one who helped my son practise football and basketball so he could make his high school teams and he did.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I have my 3 cats sleeping on various body parts right now and can't move.