Tattoos :)

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Quarter sleeve and also chest tats that can be seen with average clothing. I got these as an adult already because when I was younger I could not save up enough money for this kind of ink! I'm a copy editor. I am not in the public eye. But also, if I ever *have* to hide the ink, I still can, with more conservative clothing types. So far it has caused me zero problems.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Almost got a half sleeve. Glad I didn't because it would have killed my chances in law enforcement. Anything showing below a short sleeve shirt
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I actually just finished my left sleeve. Although my boss doesn't care about the ink, I like to wear long sleeve from time to time if I think it is appropriate, just the same if I'm going to a place I prefer not to show my ink.

Not only I have never regretted my tattoos, but I'm also getting my right sleeve next year.
  • hatchey
    Options
    I got my first tattoo a little over a year ago and went large. It took me 12 years to decide what I wanted! I finally have something that I love and have a very deep meaning to me.

hGn520f.jpg
  • Peacefulhooligan
    Peacefulhooligan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Why would you ruin your body like that? Only criminals and people out to start trouble get tattoos......

is this serious?!?!!?

That's all I see in prison is trash covered with tattoos. It's like a mark of trouble. I don't think I could even be friends with someone with tattoos....they might try to steal my stuff!!!!

Why would you even come on a forum and spout this type of crap?

Some of the kindest and nicest people I know wear tattoos, and with pride, and some of the biggest *kitten* wipes don't.And no I have never been in jail before or even in trouble with the law and I wear tattoos. As a matter of fact I have often thought my next tattoo will read "I do not judge you because you don't wear tattoos"

• cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i dont have a sleeve but i have a few large tattoos all similar. i have different size black roses in different places, my shoulder, back, arm and a three rose tattoo on my thigh. i don't regret a single one. im 37 and i got ill 5 years ago and they have meaning to me. i can cover them up when necessary if the situation calls for it but i don't regret them.

nkzxq3yk01y7.jpg
  • livingnova
    Options
    rayneface wrote: »
    My entire left calf is tattooed, I often forget it's there until I am in the shower then it's like...oo! Pretty!!

Amen. I have a rather large tattoo on my hip, that usually is covered, even by booty shorts (I placed it just right). But I have to be naked and looking in a mirror to see it well. That being said, I LOVE my tattoos. I have two, but you can't see them unless I show them. I got them at ages 25 and 26 with additions at age 28. I would get more, but I'm not sure that any others could have the same amount of meaning and balance that these ones already do.
  • Peacefulhooligan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hang on a sec,I should of checked your profile first this is a wind up right ?, you are covered in them bud,lol. Shirts don't do it for me I am more of a t shirt person so kinda stuck there, plus even more wear shirts haha
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    im alittle late in this discussion but i have 7 tattoos. one is a large piece on my upper arm. it is for my children so there is no regret there. the only time i was somewhat embarrassed of my tattoos was when i got married. i have a huge dragon on my back and i felt it took away from the elegant wedding dress. but my tattoos make me who i am and if need be i can cover them. only place i wouldnt get a tattoo is my neck face and hands. to me those are a bit of a shout for attention. but to each theyre own!e1ub9v1tpznk.jpg
    this has since been colored
  • Peacefulhooligan
    Options
    Nice tatts too bud, man the only time I have come into a forum to argue and I am suckered well played fella :D
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Have 2 sleeves and my legs done. Not one regret :)
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I just got my first tattoo this past December. No regrets at all.

f4nwapne8zoi.jpg
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I started my half sleeve at 39, I already have a career. I regret nothing except the fact that I can't afford to get every tattoo I want done RIGHT NOW!

Edited to say the half sleeve is finished now.
  • Peacefulhooligan
    Options
    tattflash wrote: »
    Nice tatts too bud, man the only time I have come into a forum to argue and I am suckered well played fella :D
    haha hey, just take it as reflection on what might bother you. Don't allow people's opinions to get to you because if you do then they have some sort of control over your feelings and that totally sucks.
    That's a very good point,tattoo's are addictive and more will follow, so lesson learnt ha. Still it was very well played out. Another lesson learnt, do research before spouting off at people haha

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    my husband does, it's a beautiful tattoo, but now that he's corporate management they require him to cover it. That means in Cali in 110 degrees he has to wear a long sleeve shirt, I don't know if he regrets the tattoo or regrets who he works for hahah, but I sure hate seeing him so uncomfortable.
  • yourradimradletshug
    Options
    tattflash wrote: »
    Hang on a sec,I should of checked your profile first this is a wind up right ?, you are covered in them bud,lol. Shirts don't do it for me I am more of a t shirt person so kinda stuck there, plus even more have shirts haha

haha nice catch man ;p I am scheduled for a side piece in 2 weeks! I can't wait and working on some calf stuff right now for some type of wrap-a-round.

I was totally about to give the "Don't feed the troll! He has tats" comment but someone beat me to it haha. Nice ink you got though!
  • luvforever
    luvforever Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I don't have a half/full sleeve but I have four (and will have more) and only one I'd even come close to saying I regret is the one on my shoulder because it was my first and I did it for the wrong reasons. The two on my lower arms are visible unless I wear long sleeves and I work in an office and have for 11 years. I've been promoted multiple times. And no, I do not wear long sleeves to cover them.