• Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Tofuyan - Smart Pockets Everything, Scrambled egg and breakfast ham
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfasts are:
    1 over medium egg on 1 slice whole grain bread.
    40 get oatmeal with .5 Oz walnuts and 21st brown sugar.
    2/3 c fruit and nut granola with 1 cup milk.

I eat those almost all the time and can turn them out with 10 mins in the kitchen.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I do the make ahead breakfast sandwiches with a light English muffin, an egg, a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. I make 1-2 weeks worth and freeze them. When I get to work, I heat it up in the microwave and eat while checking my emails. I do find that I cannot take them straight from the freezer to the microwave - I have to let them defrost first. Otherwise, the meat and muffin overcook while the egg is still frozen. I have tried the various defrost settings on the microwave without success so I just pull the sandwich out of the freezer the day before.

With the ingredients I use, it comes out to 247 calories, 28g carbs, 10g fat, 20g protein, and 8g of fiber.

I used to eat oatmeal for breakfast most days but switched to the sandwiches to increase protein intake.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    @sjp_511‌ I tried making that way at first too. Now I just make the egg patties and keep a package of whole grain bagels at work since we have a toaster. That way, I microwave the eggs for 2 minutes while the bagel is toasting. It turns out much better.
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    - nf Greek yogurt, dark chocolate chips, slices of potatoe w/ salsa, big bowl of blueberries, 6 cups of Peppermint tea, 1/2 cup coffee w/ almond milk. All spread out within 4 hours.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @sjp_511‌ I tried making that way at first too. Now I just make the egg patties and keep a package of whole grain bagels at work since we have a toaster. That way, I microwave the eggs for 2 minutes while the bagel is toasting. It turns out much better.

I have considered freezing the egg separately and then assembling my sandwich on the morning. But so far I have done a pretty good job at remembering to defrost my sandwich ahead of time.

And making them all at once means only 1 mess to clean up. I can't slice an English muffin without generating a lot of crumbs.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    @SconnieCat‌ a muffin top pan works really well to. They come out the exact size to throw on a whole wheat or multigrain bagel.

Wonderful tip!! Thanks so much!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 1 piece of toast, milk, and yogurt (its gym day so i eat a little more for breakfast)
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I prepare a weeks worth of overnight oatmeal or greek yogurt/frozen berries/granola.

Overnight oatmeal = 1 part old fashioned oats, 1 part milk, 1 part applesauce and cinnamon or apple pie spice to taste (I do 1/2 cup of everything and 1/4 tsp apple pie spice). Store in fridge 5-7 days - the flavor gets better as it sits.

Yogurt parfait = 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries. Add to 8 oz container (dont mix) and store in fridge up to 5-7 days. I also make 1/2 cup servings of granola (homemade but you could use store bought) and mix them together in a bowl when I'm ready to eat.
  • newereveryday
    newereveryday Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is almost always a homemade parfait. One cup fat free vanilla yogurt, half a handful of mixed berries (frozen, but thawed by the time I eat it), and two to three plastic spoonfuls of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal for texture. It keeps me full for quite a while and takes just five minutes to put together either before bed or in the morning before work. About 225 calories.
  • wick3tgirl
    wick3tgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person so I decided I needed to make this meal so I don't have to plan it out ... and it's still yummy: oat (50g), cinnamon, one banana (100kcal) or mixed frozen berries topped with boiling water and while I do my make up I let it soak (if I dont have access to a microwave). and of course coffee with 1,6% milk = 295 kcal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    sljohn84 wrote: »
    What did you have for breakfast today?

1 egg and 2 egg white (from a carton) omelette with gruyere, italian sausage, red onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms, and black olives. Side of home fries. Cup of coffee and a glass of low sodium V8

• TheSurge0n
    TheSurge0n Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wokeup at lunch time so skipped breakfast and added afternoon snack with 250ml milk & snickers 20g yummy
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    eggs, avocado and salsa on top. YUM!
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ezekiel bread toast with 1.5 TBSP of Sunflower seed butter and coffee with stevia and almond milk. OH, and a pickled egg out of my fresh batch.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    way too much coffee, bran muffin and eggs with 1 slice of ham. My go-to breakfast.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    1 container of chobani raspberry Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp of peanutbutter mixed in. Accompanied by a tall glass of Metamucil
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    French toast with blueberry compote. A weekend indulgence that was no more caloric than my usual breakfasts.
  • 1jeannette9
    1jeannette9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg and a pbj (jelly is low sugar)
    I'm also on the go morning times so I'll grab an apple, banana, slice of bread w/ peanut butter, also you can get the 1 minute oatmeal throw some nuts, raisins and cinnamon.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese blueberry pancakes with maple syrup! 6g of protein per pancake FTW!