I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I am a clean eater. I shower everyday and wash my hands before every meal. To the cookie dough and pizza bingers who justify their behaviour by "keeping within their calorie goal" I ask a simple question: How long do you think that I would live if all I ate was 1.5 cups of white sugar everyday? It is exactly my calorie requirement so I have to assume from some of the posts here that it would be perfectly acceptable.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I would love to just have cookie dough but it's not worth how I would feel - I try to eat pretty clean, feel free to add me - I reached my goal and now trying to maintain and get stronger.
    You mean feels of happiness, right?!

^I was about to post this ROFL.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    I'm in to bunch everyone in this thread's panties. It's okay. I'll be gentle.

I, for one, welcome our new panty bunching overlords. Especially if they all have banging abs like yours! :heart_eyes:

:blush:
    2irxg5w.jpg

Wanna come play gelato fortress??!?!

I want in the fortress! Can we join ours together
    2zog3fo.jpg

Her's will always be better, though, because of the Konoha headband.

I've always loved you...

Sorry that came out creepy
    2motgmb.jpgimg

Frosch thinks so, too.

FROSCH!!! "I think so to..." D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

I, for one, welcome our new panty bunching overlords. Especially if they all have banging abs like yours! :heart_eyes:

2irxg5w.jpg

2zog3fo.jpg

Jeni's!!!! Oh I love you something fierce. I used to live in Columbus and I'm pretty sure I kept them in business during my stay there.

There's one on my street, but it's always too crowded to go to, so I haven't yet. (I imagine it's been not so crowded during the recent sub zero temps, but sadly that killed my desire to go also.) Luckily my WF sells some of the flavors, but I want more.
  • lemurcat12
    Options

2irxg5w.jpg

2zog3fo.jpg

Jeni's!!!! Oh I love you something fierce. I used to live in Columbus and I'm pretty sure I kept them in business during my stay there.

Love Jeni's they deliver :)

I don't think I needed to know this.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »
    I am a clean eater. I shower everyday and wash my hands before every meal. To the cookie dough and pizza bingers who justify their behaviour by "keeping within their calorie goal" I ask a simple question: How long do you think that I would live if all I ate was 1.5 cups of white sugar everyday? It is exactly my calorie requirement so I have to assume from some of the posts here that it would be perfectly acceptable.

And here we go. When in doubt you'll win an argument with sense, let's throw out some extreme nonsense to try to prove the point.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

It's not all or nothing, no one is advocating eating nothing but cookie dough or sugar. People are wondering why it's so bad to enjoy cookie dough every now and then if macros are otherwise met. Even if it is for lunch, which is apparently the be all end all meal of the day?
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Femisfit wrote: »
    Bahahaha aww I hurt people's feelings! High horse? Haha whatever helps folks feel better. I'm not the problem. I have goals and I am going for them...that's what I use this app for. I want like minded on my feed not binge eaters! I could care less what my neighbor or best friend eats..Except when I cheat with them!! This is a fitness app, sorry folks but if I don't want people who eat cake and cry about not loosing weight or gaining muscle. Cool! I'm making my own little Internet world. Peace out angry Internet trolls!

What's wrong with this is simply that it comes out as you picked how you want to get in shape and you are asking for other people who have already gone your path to guide you. Because we are all human and we all make mistakes. Some binge - it is a real problem; but you don't want to encourage them and help them get better. You only want people to help you. And if the path you chose fails for you? You have already eliminated others who have found a different path that works and maybe it was something you could apply to your own.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options

24o7fhs.gif

And then I loled
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

So I kept trying to read after this... I made it another page- and I gave up.

Because this- this is where my heart is.

OP- you're wrong.

Sconnie here has shown us the light.

Praise be to the mighty Sconnie and her delicious desserts.

I have a dance event this weekend- I'll be making these.

You don't make them inside cupcake papers do you? just straight inside the cupcake tin right?

Oh hey, new best friend.

I just sprayed down the tin with cooking spray and popped all of the non-clean, processed-sugary-diabetes-inducing deliciousness right in.

If you want to modify the recipe to suit any "clean eating", dietary needs, you could choose a non-GMO, organic, farm-raised, Tibetan Monk Harvested cooking oil to spray in your muffin tins.

I prefer it bathed in the blood of babe's but I mean- I guess organic, gluten free, hormone free- purchased only off the top peak of the highest snowest mountain raised by Tibetan throat singing mongolian monk hybrids will work.

Whatever- gotta shake it up occasionally.

I might have to buy real tins- I have silicon ones and I wind up having issues with them (either they break apart COMPLETELY- or they are perfectly little muffins- totally inconsistent)

Yes - but that isn't my point.

It would be like me reading a "I need vegetarian eating motivation and friends!" message header, and even though I'm not a vegetarian, I click it anyways, and then I read the initial post and it is degrading to meat-eaters, and then I get offended, and have to post a bunch of negative comments about the OP. Huh?? Uhhh, if I wasn't a vegetarian in the first place, why do I choose to click on a vegetarian friends MB, and furthermore, how can you reasonably get offended by it? People are just looking for any excuse to 1) get offended and 2) argue.

I click on vegetarian threads- even as a meat eater- you never know what you might learn- or what great thing you might find.

I have gotten some good recipes being open minded- and the reality is - as someone else points out above me- many of us IIFYM people DO eat similar to "clean" eaters.

And the reality is a lot of people think eating "clean" is the answer and they don't understand - its' a calorie deficit.

chance to learn- and chance to impart some knowledge- so yeah it CAN be a win win.

can.

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

And here we go. When in doubt you'll win an argument with sense, let's throw out some extreme nonsense to try to prove the point.

He's just better at using an exaggeration that actually came across as the exaggeration it was intended to be . . . . IMHO . . . .
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Did anyone say to go to that extreme? Typical someone who binges isn't staying within their calorie goals. But, that's a different discussion. Who was saying to eat nothing but cookie dough & pizza all the time? No one.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Who is doing this?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Please point out any one post that has suggested anyone is binge eating on cookie dough and or pizza??

Anyone recommending eating in moderation has not a single one time said they were binging or eating their ENTIRE daily calorie goal in that fashion regularly.

Reading comprehension- not your strong suit it seems.
  • katab2014
    katab2014 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The art of healthy living is to factor in the things you do like in a healthy way...for me cheese is a weakness so I don't deprive myself but work it in to my daily routine or have extra if I feel like. But I'm. mindful that I cover all the necessary food groups for health
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    katab2014 wrote: »
    The art of healthy living is to factor in the things you do like in a healthy way...for me cheese is a weakness so I don't deprive myself but work it in to my daily routine or have extra if I feel like. But I'm. mindful that I cover all the necessary food groups for health

^See. Now here's a post I can get behind.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    katab2014 wrote: »

+1
  • lemurcat12
    Options

I assume you are a halfway reasonable person until proven otherwise. Therefore, if you chose to eat just sugar and told me that was because you cared only about calories and not nutrition, I'd still think it was likely that (a) you knew that was bad for you and were making a choice for your own reasons, even if I don't understand them, (b) would probably quickly realize you didn't feel so well on that diet, and (c) would quickly realize that you were hungry on the diet and couldn't stick to your limit without it being unpleasant. So I'd expect that you would modify your diet soon enough.

(This is probably why I've never seen anyone eating such a silly diet.)

Now, if you were, in fact, an extremely unusual and ignorant person and didn't realize that eating only sugar is neither satiating nor good for you (I'm skeptical of this being possible, but let's pretend), and said "oh, dear, I'm so hungry and don't feel good," I'd say "have you considered eating a more balanced diet" and give some helpful hints.

Obviously, however, your hypothetical has nothing to do with this thread. Instead, this thread raises the question of how we define "clean eating" or doing it "right." I'm curious whether my diary would win me condemnation on the forums, according to the oh-so-holy clean eaters in this thread. In that I am not perfect, I have to assume yes, but somehow all the self-proclaimed clean eaters think they are immune, so maybe wearing the label makes your foibles okay? It's puzzling.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Carefully read the title of the thread: "I need clean eating motivation and friends!" So if you aren't a clean eater, how can you reasonably crash this thread and then claim to be offended by it, since you weren't the intended audience? Yeah, you're here to argue and shut it down.

You must have reading comprehension issues, OP's tittle and her first post are 2 different things. I suggest reading her first post. ;)

I literally copied the name of the message thread and pasted it in my post above. Does that sound like a reading comprehension issue? ;)

Be fair- you can copy and paste anything without reading it.

But it also doesn't answer the question that you read her actual POST.

Yes - but that isn't my point.

It would be like me reading a "I need vegetarian eating motivation and friends!" message header, and even though I'm not a vegetarian, I click it anyways, and then I read the initial post and it is degrading to meat-eaters, and then I get offended, and have to post a bunch of negative comments about the OP. Huh?? Uhhh, if I wasn't a vegetarian in the first place, why do I choose to click on a vegetarian friends MB, and furthermore, how can you reasonably get offended by it? People are just looking for any excuse to 1) get offended and 2) argue.

I clicked on it because I eat in a way that many who are "clean" eaters would consider "clean" (although I dislike the term, which is silly). Therefore, I thought I might have something to say. I like sharing ideas about vegetables and cooking whole foods and such. I find it bizarre that many self-labeled clean eaters seem to think that only those who self-label as "clean" would have something of interest to contribute on these topics--as I noted upthread, only someone who really isn't experienced with cooking would think you need special "clean eating" recipes to get ideas about how to cook with whole foods. That's what essentially all normal recipes are.

(I think this comes through pretty clearly on my first post here, although I also commented on the discussion of someone else's diary and why people were reacting negatively to that.)

If you sincerely clicked on the MB because you are a clean eater and were considering friending this person, then read the OP's post and took offense to it, that is totally reasonable. But let's be honest - this MB is mostly riddled with posts from the MFP Anti-Clean Eating coalition that regularly crash any board that dares reference "clean eating", argue with everyone, distract from its original purpose, and eventually get it shut down. They had no intention of friending the OP and are here to argue.