Senior Golden Sneakers -May 2011

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Deb I know what you mean by the kids nowaday. They just see how they can bug people and get by with it.

I wish I had got a picture of those two boys who brouhgt our bike back. The had painted it. and a very poor job of it They look real disapointed when we told them that the police told us mot to give them an award They may not of stolen it but they knew it was solen when the claim they bought it.. You better beleve it is inside of our yard and chain up and the gate has a lock on it now.I blame the mother and father for the way kids act. We do have kids walking down the road and throw rocks at our house at times But they do it as passing by . these are generaly smaller kids. They used our street as a short cut to School.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This is a pictur my grandaughter took of her doggie with her new camera.
    Kellydoggie.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Marie, today I read about a man over 100 years old who rides all over his town on his trike.....he traded in his bike for a trike because his wife worried about him on a two wheeler. He says he rides all over town every day to encourage all the lazy 80 year olds to get off their couches and get active :laugh:

:brokenheart: the people who looked at our house yesterday didn't want to buy it. They said the neighbors were too close. They're going to need a whole lot more money around here if they want a house with neighbors not so close.

:flowerforyou: Judy, your joke was great. Jake liked it too.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I'm reading a book called "The Thin Commandments Diet"........so don't be surprised if I share some pearls of wisdom as I'm reading the book.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I am feeling much better. Busy as can be. My sister is out from Washington State, we are leaving on Thursday for 4 days to my old home town. We are celebrating the 50th wedding anniversary of my Aunt and Uncle. Then back 1 day and off to Ottawa to visit my dh's aunt.

We just got back from a great presentation from the Canadian Liver Foundation. I have an autoimmune liver disease and it is always good to get support and information from others in the same boat. I have no symptoms and most likely will die from something else. My sister has it too as autoimmune diseases often run in families. My dad also had an autoimmune liver disease. Bad side of e family. LOL

One thing to stress though, SIGN YOUR ORGAN DONATION CARDS.

But on a more upbeat note, here's a joke for everyone:

Do you know the German word for brassiere... Stopemfromfloppen

Good night all.
  • gigi46
    gigi46 Posts: 196
    Options
    Happy Wednesday,

Jeri loved the joke, so glad you're doing better.

Sandy - I know how busy you're getting ready for the next trip and taking Babe to the Dr. so good to hear from you.

Marie - I loved the picture, you and your Mom are so amazing, looking great.

Phoebe - Everything is well and you're taking care of yourself.

Elli - congratulations on the weight lost, fantastic.

Donna - take each and every day positive and this will help you, losing weight or inches, I hope you measured yourself
    you'll be surprise how does inches go away.
  • gigi46
    Options
    Happy Wednesday,

Jeri loved the joke, so glad you're doing better.

Sandy - I know how busy you're getting ready for the next trip and taking Babe to the Dr. so good to hear from you.

Marie - I loved the picture, you and your Mom are so amazing, looking great.

Phoebe - Everything is well and you're taking care of yourself.

Elli - congratulations on the weight lost, fantastic.

Donna - take each and every day positive and this will help you, losing weight or inches, I hope you measured yourself
    you'll be surprise how the inches go away.

Barbie - good luck saling your home, when you expected a buyer will come.

Well ladies tonight is a pretty special night, we're going to have dinner at one of our friends home because they have company from out of town, this couple is very close to the rest of us but by mail, years past we're all in the same town, we have visited them in Colorado and they have visited us, will be great to see them, has been a few years since we all got together.
    I have been so busy getting ready for next week trip to Fla, my brother's son is getting married, we leave next thursday from Indy and come back on Monday, short trip but we need to be home to get ready for Italy, I will keep you posted.

Have a great day :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Gigi
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here is one from my son

To be 6 Again!
    A man was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching his wife, who was looking at herself in the mirror Since her birthday was not far off he asked what she'd like to have for her birthday."I'd like to be six again," she replied, still looking in the mirror .On the morning of her Birthday, he arose early, made her a nice big bowl of Lucky Charms, and then took her to Six Flags theme park. What a day! He put her on every ride in the park; the Death Slide, the Wall of Fear, the Screaming Roller Coaster, everything there was. Five hours later they staggered out of the theme park. Her head was reeling and her stomach felt upside down. He then took her to a McDonald's where he ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a chocolate shake.
    Then it was off to a movie, popcorn, a soda pop, and her favorite candy, M&M's. What a fabulous adventure! Finally she wobbled home with her hubby and collapsed into bed exhausted. He leaned over his wife with a big smile and lovingly asked, "Well Dear, what was it like being six again?"Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed. "I meant my dress size, you retard!!!!"
    The moral of the story: Even when a man is listening, he is gonna get it wrong.
  • debzwill
    debzwill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Sooo funny Marie and true :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just off to have my dinner. Will be back later:heart:
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hoo whee! Almost home. They asked if we could squeeze in another one, well, dh said Nope! Our truck needs work done, we need work done too lol!
    Jeri, our great-niece had a liver transplant at nine months old, I remember hearing the family speak of autoimmune something. Could this be the same as what you mentioned?
    i like the jokes, talk to you later
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    Oh MARIE

I just loved the joke. So true.
  • gigi46
    Options
    Marie loved the joke, and so very true.

Have good afternoon.

Gigi
  • fancyladyJeri
    Options
    Phoebe said:

Jeri, our great-niece had a liver transplant at nine months old, I remember hearing the family speak of autoimmune something. Could this be the same as what you mentioned?

Yes, it sure could be. There are a three auto immune liver diseases: PBC (which I have), PSC and AutoImmune Hepatitis (which my Dad had). PBC and AutoImmune Hepatities are mostly diseases that women get However, in some cases men can get them too. They are like most autoimmune diseases, you are just tooting along and then something happens and you come down with the disease. Those of us with a liver disease that these always feel that people are judging us as most people think it is due to alchol. Not the case at all. It's just in our genes. We didn't even get it by having fun LOL There is no cure for PBC but there are medications that for most people slow the progression quite a bit.

How is your great neice doing now? The people I know who have had liver transplants feel so much better and although they have to take anti rejection medications, get along very good.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Jeri, she just celebrated her fifth birthday. She is a precious little thing. She is usually very active and upbeat. I wish I could say she is thriving, but she has been to the hospital many times since hforer transplant. I hope that she will grow stronger as she gets older. For now, I guess everyone takes it one day at a time
    thanks for the info. I will google the types. I didnt understand what was happening to her when a cold could put her in the hospital.
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love elton but gotta laugh at this. Hope it doesn't offend anyone.

What really happened when Elton John and David Furnish decided to have a baby.

They had their sperm mixed together and had a surrogate mother artificially inseminated with it. When the baby was born Elton and David were waiting at the hospital.

They were ushered into a ward where a dozen babies were lying in their cots, eleven of whom were crying and screaming. Over in the corner, one baby was smiling serenely.

A nurse came over to both of them and indicated that the happy child was theirs.

"Isn't it wonderful?" Elton said to David. "All these unhappy babies
    ........... and yet our baby is so happy.

This just proves the superiority of gay love!"

The nurse said, "Oh sure, he's happy now, but just watch what happens when I pull the thermometer out of his *kitten*!"
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know which story made me laugh harder----the one from Marie about wanting to be six or the one from Judy about Elton's baby :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: I have nothing to report today. Line dance was great fun. We practiced dances that we might be doing at the line dance workshop I'm going to on June 4:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: my friend from Seattle came over and we walked our usual four and a half miles on the Olympic Discovery Trail except that today there was a light rain and we were both very wet by the time we got back to our cars. She kept me entertained with great stories about her recent trip to Mexico where she rode a jet ski for the first time:bigsmile: Jake took the dogs to the dog park in the rain.

:brokenheart: rainy days are not good days for selling houses so there is no news about that :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

:brokenheart: Maddie, the day my mother died, Jake and I were with her and when we left the hospital we stopped at the store and bought a half gallon of vanilla ice cream for Jake and a half gallon of chocolate ice cream for me and we stayed up the rest of the night eating ice cream out of the carton and making lists of people to call and things we had to do. Ice cream was very comforting
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The Arrogance of Authority

A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas , and talked with an old rancher.

He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs."

The rancher said, "Okay , but don't go in that field over there......", as he pointed out the location.

The DEA officer verbally exploded saying, " Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me !"

Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher.

"See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish..... On any land !!

No questions asked or answers given!! Have I made myself clear......do you understand ?!!"

The rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams, looked up, and saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by the rancher's big Santa Gertrudis bull......

With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified.

The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge, show him your BADGE........ ! !"
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    Hi Sneakers...just popping in to say hello. My desktop is with the computer troubleshooter so I am plugging away on my laptop. I have been very busy with getting things done for the next graduation this weekend. Between washing clothes, grocery shopping and all the other errands I don't have much time for myself. My husband had the stitches taken out Tuesday and will go for an ultra sound on the 31st. After that he will probably wear a shoe boot but until then still no pressure on his foot so he continues with the walker. With all the walking I have been doing my knee is really acting up and I feel it might be time for knee replacement, however my grandson will be coming next week and he will be staying with me for almost three weeks, while my daughter and her hubby go on a cruise for their 25th wedding anniversary. Hopefully after this weekend I will be able to get some rest and that will help my knee. I am having a hard time sleeping because of the pain and can't get in a comfortable position so last night I took some Advil PM and that helped a little. Babe did well at his son's but was glad to get home, his daughter is coming from California to stay with him this weekend.

I read all the posts and loved all the jokes, was happy for those who lost weight and was glad Maddie checked in with us.
    For those who are under the weather, I hope you get well soon. I miss not posting everyday, even on the home page, but there just isn't enough time in a day lately. I have not been recording my calories but my weight is still at my goal, so that is a good thing. I feel I am getting plenty of exercise with all that I am doing and since my knee is not good I am not pushing it with any other exercise at this time. I hope to see the doctor soon and possibly get a cortisone shot before scheduling surgery. I would really like to wait until fall if possible.

It is late and I am tired so I better at least try to sleep. Hopefully I will be able to check in with you tomorrow. I miss everyone!!
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note to check in and say hi to all. Sounds like everyone is busy. It sure is nice when it warms up and stays light longer. Seems like there is more time to get stuff done but of course, never quite enough time to get it all done...lol. Loved both of the jokes...hahaha especially the size 6....don't we all want to be a six again!!!

Well, I'm trying to go to bed earlier and stay off here so I get more sleep. I read a interesting article today on improving your metabolism and #1 was to make sure you get enough sleep. I never get more than 5 or 6 hours so I'm gonna try that. If I can find the link again, I'll post it for you all.

Good Night & Sleep Tight...Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite...hahaha my mama always says that. :yawn:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Donna who was ever A size 6 Not me. I did get down to a size 10 42 years ago. Hey that was a long time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Marie
  • gigi46
    Options
    Good morning,

Another beautiful day in Central Illinois, I better enjoy it because for the weekend we are expecting rain and more rain.
    Yesterday I share with all of you about our dinner with our friends, it was fantastic, we had such a great time, we laughed until we
    cried remembering all the things we did back so long ago. She told me maybe she will post some of the pictures on Face Book, I know she was joking, so our children could make fun of us. Was so terrific spending the night together, we're making plan to get together soon.
    Well I lost 2 pounds I'm so happy has been a while since I reported any lost because I having beern measuring instead and now I'm happy to have lost both ways. My friend notice the difference and asked me what was my secrect, so I told her all about our group and MFP.
    We lost a pine tree in the back yard and today is being removed, then I get to clean and look for a new tree:cry::cry: :cry:
    Hope everyone is doing well, keep up the good work.

Have a great day.

Gigi